The acknowledgement of other "Mind" series'

Sign in to follow this  

Again, I am not asking for collaboration, but to at lease acknowledge the existence of certain factors of other "Minds", and only in places where they intermix, which are few and far between.

which is never?

I have counted two so far, "Suckeeerr" and Adrian shouting at Gordon before he jumps into the portal.

"Suckeeerr" has been done and FYI Gordan doesn't actually see adrian when you go to jump into the portal. Thats an OF side only thing.

"Suckeeerr" has been done and FYI Gordan doesn't actually see adrian when you go to jump into the portal. Thats an OF side only thing.

Yes, that was an example of an intermixing of the two games, I am not saying he would see him, only he would patch in Adrian yelling "you big orange fuck!" as he jumped into the portal, for example.

I've been trying to watch Shepard's Mind. It is very hard for me to follow it. At least in this one the creator has a good voice for the job, unlike all the other puberty voices in other videos. Better than Ross' voice, actually. But it just wasn't funny. I'm going to try a couple more episodes though, as there seem to be a lot of fans, and some of them say that the first episodes are weaker.

I've been trying to watch Shepard's Mind. It is very hard for me to follow it. At least in this one the creator has a good voice for the job, unlike all the other puberty voices in other videos. Better than Ross' voice, actually. But it just wasn't funny. I'm going to try a couple more episodes though, as there seem to be a lot of fans, and some of them say that the first episodes are weaker.

I had the same. I think Ross is the best in voice acting and writing quotes for Gordon tham the others. I just hate, when someone "just saying" his text. It's boring and not funny (and annoying).

Freeman's mind is good, because you hear the emorions anyway.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

The earlier episodes are weaker, the series gets much better the further he progresses, his initial stance when he started the series is that Shephard would gradually become more serious as the shit progressively hit the fan.

Regrettably, I think that in any timeline, at least based on conventional dates, I don't think Freeman will recognize Kane. Kane's Mind may be centuries in the future from the Black Mesa incident. But I did have Kane throw in a tip of the hat to Freeman, as the person who came up with the operational mathematics which provided the SMC with the jump drives needed to take the fight to the Strogg.

Also bear in mind that these are all semi-canon at best.

As a huge Mind man, I hope he does mention at least Shephard's Mind somehow, when he is running toward the portal to Xen you hear his voice or something.

As a huge Mind man, I hope he does mention at least Shephard's Mind somehow, when he is running toward the portal to Xen you hear his voice or something.

That is exactly what I am asking, that is what made me think of making this thread.

I think it's generally a pretty cool thing to do when you acknowledge another person's work like that, especially if their work was inspired by your own. Even if you don't particularly like another's work, it just makes more viewers pleased to see it and there's never harm in giving an "inside" clue or easter egg for them to laugh at, especially if it won't affect your own in doing so.

Mostly though, I think Ross will either just forget to do it, never eventually hear a request for it, or won't see the worth in implementing it.