Best method of Pizza Heating

If you have a toaster oven, use that.

Microwaves always make pizza kinda soggy...

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

While I agree Microwave is the most efficient method from a pure functional perspective, minimizing time and effort, there is an important trade-off: crispness.

To maximize the eating experience, you should if at all possible pre-heat an oven for a few minutes and then put the pizza inside. Always look for the water droplets forming on top of the cheese. That's a clear sign the melting threshold it's a couple of minutes away.

From here on, you should experiment to determine the precise interval. I prefer to take the pizza out of the oven at that exact moment. Others like to do so after the melting has begun.

Either way, enjoy it!

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

While I agree Microwave is the most efficient method from a pure functional perspective, minimizing time and effort, there is an important trade-off: crispness.

To maximize the eating experience, you should if at all possible pre-heat an oven for a few minutes and then put the pizza inside. Always look for the water droplets forming on top of the cheese. That's a clear sign the melting threshold it's a couple of minutes away.

From here on, you should experiment to determine the precise interval. I prefer to take the pizza out of the oven at that exact moment. Others like to do so after the melting has begun.

Either way, enjoy it!

You sir, need to publish a book. I for one would buy it.

Either way, enjoy it!

You sir, need to publish a book. I for one would buy it.

Seconded. That's some real experience right there.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Thirded... ed... ed *looks off into distance to recall english class*

In the meantime however I was just looking around here on the forums when I saw ross scott only had 6 reputation points. Thanks to me he now has seven. I'm quite disappointed in this community for our lack of "thumbsing up" him...

I will now go and rethink my life.

EDIT(after my life was rethought):

Also I like my pizza cold, like a real man(actually I prefer it heated via microwave).

Thirded... ed... ed *looks off into distance to recall english class*

In the meantime however I was just looking around here on the forums when I saw ross scott only had 6 reputation points. Thanks to me he now has seven. I'm quite disappointed in this community for our lack of "thumbsing up" him...

I will now go and rethink my life.

EDIT(after my life was rethought):

Also I like my pizza cold, like a real man(actually I prefer it heated via microwave).

Uhm, last I checked he had 20.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Heating a pizza is one thing...but have any of you made your own pizza completely from scratch? Dough and sauce and everything? It's the shit, bruddahs and sistahs, and it's quite easy. And you can put on toppings ordering or buying from a supermarket don't usually have. Caramelized onions, chunks of spicy Italian sausage your fry yourself, sun dried tomatoes; so much more I can't think of now.

Hell, I've replaced the sauce with ranch dressing and put chicken as the topping; it was eeeeepic.

Hoam kewkin, tis where it is at.

I sometimes make tortilla pizzas in the toaster oven.

They're basically just mini pizzas with tortilla shells as the crust.

THEY ARE AMAZING!

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

If you have a toaster oven, use that.

Microwaves always make pizza kinda soggy...

At least it's better than eating it cold.

I always thought cold pizza was awesome!

Anyways I'd stick it in the oven or eat it cold, depending on how lazy I am.

I don't put anything in the microwave, my roommate uses it and never cleans it after he's done(ಠ_ಠ)

I sometimes make tortilla pizzas in the toaster oven.

They're basically just mini pizzas with tortilla shells as the crust.

THEY ARE AMAZING!

I'm doing that as my main source of food these days... Averages $0.32 per pizza. (2 pizzas for supper) I use some nice cheeses too... I use a shredded Italian 5 Cheese, and Triple Cheddar on top of a grated Parmesan/Romano/Asiago blend. I have made my own sauce before, but I find the store bought sauces to taste amazingly good, and far less expensive.

Best leftover pizza though would be Cheese Lovers with extra cheese, easy on the sauce, pan crust from Pizza Hut... Can eat it cold, warm, reheated, re-baked, etc...

Best reheating method would definitely be the oven, followed by toaster oven, and in the very last place on the list of reheating methods is microwaving.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I thought these things usually had warnings on the side of the box about no-reheating and such?

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."