Stream countdown event for final episode?

Sign in to follow this  

Just an idea here for the final episode, since it is creeping in on us. Ten or whatever hours before the final episode launches, there should be public stream somewhere with chat and whatnot, showing every episode in sequence until the final one. Good way to end it with a bang.

Narf?

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Yeah I will too, either way. It can be fun to watch videos together though. Did that with my girlfriend before I moved to Norway.

I know there's Livestream and such, but I used that.. once? And only as streamee, not a streamer. Maybe someone here has some ideas on how to work that? It would be cool if Ross could host it so we end it with the final episode, but it doesn't *have* to be him, so long as we can get close enough to the launch date of the final video.

I like this idea, a countdown to when the video becomes public access or something like that. We could set up a chat room for the excitement, rewatch all the old episodes, hell, maybe even FM fanart and fan videos. The only thing is Ross will need to tell us what day it will be at least 2-1 weeks in advance. And considering there may be problems during production, it may get pushed back a few times

100% is going to be a cut-rate clown

Yeah, same here. I live out in the sticks these days. Downloading is OK, but I couldn't upload normal resolution episodes at an acceptable speed.

I like this idea, a countdown to when the video becomes public access or something like that. We could set up a chat room for the excitement, rewatch all the old episodes, hell, maybe even FM fanart and fan videos.

That would be fun.

But a countdown to the final episode is kind of sad if you think about it. I mean it's the LAST episode...

A countdown to The End (?).

Sign in Tip-Top Variety store window reads, 'Bitch-Slapped-By-The-Invisible-Hand-Of-The-Marketplace Sale'.

Ross has stated in the past that, if there's demand for it, he would continue Freeman's Mind into HL2 and its episodes. Maybe by the time he finishes with Episode 2, Valve will finally have released HL2:Ep3 and HL3.

Ross has stated in the past that, if there's demand for it, he would continue Freeman's Mind into HL2 and its episodes. Maybe by the time he finishes with Episode 2, Valve will finally have released HL2:Ep3 and HL3.

Don't hold your breath...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

There is no way to precisely measure at what time an episode will be up! :P

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

True, but he could finish the episode and upload it as Private and then set up a countdown for the next day.

But that would have to be up to him.

Yeah I will too, either way. It can be fun to watch videos together though. Did that with my girlfriend before I moved to Norway.

I know there's Livestream and such, but I used that.. once? And only as streamee, not a streamer. Maybe someone here has some ideas on how to work that? It would be cool if Ross could host it so we end it with the final episode, but it doesn't *have* to be him, so long as we can get close enough to the launch date of the final video.

I stream a lot (And have a pretty good internet upload speed to boot) so I could set it up.

True, but he could finish the episode and upload it as Private and then set up a countdown for the next day.

But that would have to be up to him.

True... :) That's an option to think about ... :)

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

There is no Episode 3. It was just a pipe dream. WHY VAVLE WHY??????????

Just let him finish it first. How much trouble could it be to delay its release with ten hours, or however long it takes to watch it all. Heck, we could even just do this as a seperate thing. But without the first-time viewing of the final episode, it kind of loses its punch.

Hmm... I wouldn't mind setting something up so that there was something running in the background from my computer but yeah that probably wouldn't be reliable anyway. I would be doing other stuff at the same time and all...

Hmm... I wouldn't mind setting something up so that there was something running in the background from my computer but yeah that probably wouldn't be reliable anyway. I would be doing other stuff at the same time and all...

Actually, I've set this up. I'll need some help to keep it going but I think a plug.dj room works pretty well. Yeah you're not able to go full screen, but you'll be able to join in watching an endless Freeman's Mind marathon and chat with people at the same time.

This is an awesome idea. I would love to watch the whole thing in full with other people in a chat room. Massive FM bonding time :D

The only thing is that time zones might make this sort of wonky. Hopefully we could just work that out right though.

"Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future." -- Oscar Wilde

Yeah I don't think a stream countdown thing would work too well unless Ross hosted it, playing all the videos on whatever video player he uses and just uses livestream or whatever.

So he could wait to upload the video to Youtube or wherever until after the stream is done.