Fallout 3 vs. TES IV: Oblivion

Fallout 3 vs. Oblivion  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Fallout 3 vs. Oblivion

• Fallout 3
    • TES IV: Oblivion

Sign in to follow this  

Hey Everyone,

This is a Fallout 3 vs. TES IV: Oblivion poll.

I'm going to go with Oblivion because IMO I got a lot more enjoyment out of it than Fallout. I'm not saying Fallout was bad, in fact I believe Fallout 3 was an amazing game but... Oblivion just had this special feeling to it, a sense of wonderment as I explored the vast provinces of Cyrrodil, the awesome side-quests that were just as good ( if not better than the main quest ) and the epic story of each guild you could join.

So what's your prefrence, give a good reason.

TES: O

I made some interesting mods for it... All were too buggy to release, but were still quite interesting...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Oblivion wins for me. If there was a game exactly like Oblivion, but without the magic part, it would me the perfect game for me.

I've not played as much of Fallout 3 as I have Oblivion, but I will say that Fallout 3 is a good game. Oblivion is simply better.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

It's definitely Oblivion. Like I said before, It isn't a genius game, but it has some great parts. And the music. And my character kicked ass there ;D

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Looks to become another biased poll.

I guess you pick Fallout 3, huh? ha ha ha now you're alone xD

I loved Fallout 3 too, finished it and all, but I just didn't think it worked well as a shooter. It works exactly like Oblivion as an action RPG, but as a shooter it, well, doesn't work as anything at all. That component always felt to me like it was unfinished, the aiming felt inaccurate and there were a lot of shots that I missed. This was because of the mix between shooter and RPG, the RPG component determines how good the character is, at something, including the shooting part. I don't think that makes much sense, the player's skill should have a stronger role in the damage you make, because if your character is not a good shooter, you can hit 5 headshots in a row and there is a chance of all the bullets missing the target. I also didn't love the VAC system (not sure that was the name, the thing you paused the game to aim and shoot stuff).

I still loved it, and plan on going through New Vegas too.

I've never played Oblivion, so I'm probably biased here...

It's just that I like the Fallout world more.

I mean swing music? Shooting? Nuclear armaggedon? You can't top that for me!

I'm just not as much of a fantasy fan, I guess...

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

I loved Fallout 3 too, finished it and all, but I just didn't think it worked well as a shooter. It works exactly like Oblivion as an action RPG, but as a shooter it, well, doesn't work as anything at all. That component always felt to me like it was unfinished, the aiming felt inaccurate and there were a lot of shots that I missed. This was because of the mix between shooter and RPG, the RPG component determines how good the character is, at something, including the shooting part. I don't think that makes much sense, the player's skill should have a stronger role in the damage you make, because if your character is not a good shooter, you can hit 5 headshots in a row and there is a chance of all the bullets missing the target. I also didn't love the VAC system (not sure that was the name, the thing you paused the game to aim and shoot stuff).

The accuracy in Fallout 3 doesn't at all depend on where you aim. It's all based on how high your luck and guns traits are, pretty much. Think of it KINDA like auto-aim (early Doom style), but more advanced.

I've never played Oblivion, so I'm probably biased here...

It's just that I like the Fallout world more.

I mean swing music? Shooting? Nuclear armaggedon? You can't top that for me!

I'm just not as much of a fantasy fan, I guess...

Exactly the same for me. I'm not much of a fantasy fan either.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Yeah, but New Vegas is MUCH more better I think. The Obsidian made NV. They know how to make good games, trust me :P

Yeah, but New Vegas is MUCH more better I think. The Obsidian made NV. They know how to make good games, trust me :P

Remind me to buy New Vegas soon.

I also recommend New Vegas to everyone who liked Fallout 3. I actually know people who couldn't finish Fallout 3 because they got bored, but finished New Vegas. I haven't played that much yet, but It has some great improvements.

I think it has even better climate than F3.

In other words, FO3 is green, and NV is orange I kid, I kid.

Seriously, one of the things that pissed me off in FO3 was that annoying green tint the game had, after playing for some hours it felt like the world was too colored. And the first thing I noticed in NV was that they replaced green with orange. Thank god for modders, they fixed that in less than a day xD

Seriously, one of the things that pissed me off in FO3 was that annoying green tint the game had, after playing for some hours it felt like the world was too colored. And the first thing I noticed in NV was that they replaced green with orange. Thank god for modders, they fixed that in less than a day xD

There's a mod for Fallout 3 that removes the tint and replaces it with a more clear tone. But honestly, that tint does not bother me at all.

It has an option you can change the color into: green, blue, orange or white. I like green. It kinda remind me of the classic series, and the first pipboy interface