Battle Grounds 2

Sign in to follow this  

this is an awesome revolutionary war mod for HL2, which, for some reason, is dying. the mod itself is amazing, we got Line Battles, hectic skirms, kickass clans and top notch melee fights.

basically what im trying to do here is to get more people, so the mod doesnt die. heres the link to the site:

http://www.bgmod.com

here's a video of a typical LB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m7uGCqxw3s

this is a video of a skirm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyZ0qhMtPVo

another random video of the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unWkcSdtZrs

this last one was recorded in a previous version (1.5a, we are now in 2.0)

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

I love Battle Grounds. But I wish there were some Australian servers.

yeah... most servers are either german, brit or US.

I play this! A little bit, anyway.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, AVOID THE LINEBATTLE SERVERS. Not really, but especially the 29th one and any other run by a "professional clan". They are so militant in their line battles (e.g. stabbing you in the back of the head if you fire a millisecond before the commander says to) that it takes all the fun out of the game.

U SERIOUS?!?!?! IM A BLOODY LB COMMANDER IN 420TH LB!!!! (at least i was until the mod died) LBs are the single best thing in that game dude! and 29th is cool, they are nice guys, as strict as we used to be. the real assholes where the 42Cdo people, who went 2 other servers to troll.

Hey, I'll see you online sometime! The 420th is not great, but it's a hell of a lot better 29th. When the 29th runs linebattles, I go there to exact my revenge on the evil commander.

yeah, 420th has been down lately, mostly because lack of attention and our "open policy" towards COs... now that i joined 47th i get to play real LBs...

"Open policy" can suck, but it's great sometimes.

I took on the remaining five redcoats by myself when the rest of my team was dead. I was given leadership.

HA, I TOOK IT ON 6!

and i know a guy who went rambo once and killed the whole enemy team by himself (like 15 people)

oh, and btw, 42cdo. sucks lately. we had a match against em today and they lost 5-1. it was a payback match, since they won against us 6-4 on friday.

i really wasnt expectin u to comment in this post....

now back to topic:

anyone interested in this game/mod? we need more people up, so the mod doesnt die, and clan battle are gettin a little boring no that everyone left is either a troll, a pro or a guy that calls himself a pro. clans need more recruits to yell at, pubs need more people to line battle and stab thei faces and i need a worthy opponent to shoot. i suck at stabbing but i can shoot ur ass 500 yards away with a musket. so any volunteers? ross?

Unfortunately I'm no good at following orders to a letter when I can make a far greater impact on the outcome by violating said orders. I always seem to be better on my own, or with others supporting me... (and so does the team)

I used to solo win when a "pro" clan did coordinated stuff against me... And I truly mean solo in every sense. (only person on the team, the other team full, most of the spectators booing me, lots of people accusing me of hacking, etc.)

So if you have a slot for someone that has a specific mission, (eg. kill the opposing officer at all costs) but is outside of normal orders, then I'm your man.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

well, there might be a room 4 u in the yellow jackets skirmish company, but im not sure if it'll fit u, as in this game u must follow some orders. for instance, follow a couple of guys, give em cover fire, keep their back, etc.

well, there might be a room 4 u in the yellow jackets skirmish company, but im not sure if it'll fit u, as in this game u must follow some orders. for instance, follow a couple of guys, give em cover fire, keep their back, etc.

That's not a restrictive set of orders there, that's more of a "squad go kill/destroy X, and try to all make it back alive" order... Those are the things that I'm good with if I take point...

ok... i guess... dl the game, and if u like it AND you prove yourself worth enough to be in the BGU (meaning, a bayonet test in which u must complete a series of challenges. easy if u have quick reflexes and natural aim-bot), then join my clan (47th, you won't be allowed unless u are in a clan) and i'll ask the colonel to accept u and hopefully, after 2-3 training sessions (+- 1-2 weeks), you might get the Pte.R rank and be allowed in the BGU (battle grounds United, skirmish league). if not just fool around in a skirmish server, troll little kids until they cry (i personally dont like this, but most of the people here do it) and own everyone in your way.

i prefer staying in the line battle scenario. my bayonet skills suck and i have way bigger chances of killing somebody while lined up.

I'll give it a try, but I suck with melee weapons too... lol

Give me a musket, and I'll snipe... Give me a revolver and I'll snipe 6 people...

gimme your steam name and i'll add u to my friends list. then recomend you for the scrim team (although the kind of match is "skirmish", for some reason we call it "scrim").

of course, u first gotta download the mod from bgmod.com and then apply to the 47th at 47th.tk .

you know, i feel weird recruiting people like this... but well...

gimme your steam name and i'll add u to my friends list. then recomend you for the scrim team (although the kind of match is "skirmish", for some reason we call it "scrim").

of course, u first gotta download the mod from bgmod.com and then apply to the 47th at 47th.tk .

you know, i feel weird recruiting people like this... but well...

I'll do it in a bit... I don't like giving out my Steam name...

It's called a "scrim" because it's short for "scrimmage"...

Definition of scrimmage: A confused struggle or fight.

BG2 is now Free to play!!! that's right, lads, as TF2 is now free, ALL SOURCE MODS ARE!!!

go and DL it! join me in my epic quest for head-stabbing people with cold steel bayonets and shooting lead balls into people's faces!

http://www.bgmod.com