Trailers

Sign in to follow this  

I thought this would be an interesting topic to cover. I ran across a trailer for a game called Deadbolt. I've watched trailers before but I've never felt quite so hooked on them like with this one. It starts out pretty simple but it gradually builds up throughout the trailer. This is a very tiny detail but the fact that footage is in sync with music I thought was very interesting. With previous trailers I've watch the music and the footage didn't sync up at all. They just seemed at odds with eachother with previous trailers. Whereas the music and the footage from the Deadbolt trailer seem to complement each other very well. Needless to say I thought it was amazing. Have you ever had a trailer really grip you and not let go?

P186Ev3hSQo

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

Just started torrenting that game... Looks interesting.

OT:

OcAlu4S-BvI

Unless you're talking game trailers only, in which case I currently have none.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

@BTGBullseye If you'd like to PM me I'd be interested in knowing how it plays. I myself am going to wait till it goes down to 25% or 50% depending how impulsive I am feeling when I go to get it. :twisted:

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

mLyLJ9AAeRA

I'm sure I'm the minority hype on this forum for this game but the trailer itself though. If it's anything like the bloodborne trailer, then not only does this serve to fuel hype, but it actually sets the base layer for a LOT of lore, which is such a cool way to handle a trailer.

Retired Forum Moderator

uvSs5b6y-YM

Yes, i'm a massive DX fanboy.

Siegreiche Schlacht, du blutschöne Maid!

Küss mich zum Ruhm, sei mein Geleit!

Siegreiche Schlacht, du blutgeiles Biest!

Der Tod ist dein Meister aus Stahl!

Just started torrenting that game... Looks interesting.

OT:

OcAlu4S-BvI

Unless you're talking game trailers only, in which case I currently have none.

That trailer still amazes me. If I read comic books, I'd read Deadpool with "X gon give it to ya" playing in the background, non-stop.

aMY0IETkDrU

I've been really hyped for the Automatron dlc for Fallout 4, it looks so damn cool.

Wait, seriously? The Mechanist? If Bethesda actually makes that a *cool* character, bravo. I don't think a trailer will ever hype up The Mechanist, though.

Here's one that actually was the first game trailer that made me unequivocally want to buy the game, just because the setting and backstory sounded awesome.

-OToswSp_hs

This game was killed less than 2 years after its release. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabula_Rasa_(video_game)

How is it possible to miss a game you've never played?

Gameplay videos looked like a cross between Star Trek Online, World of Warcraft, and Tribes 2. (all done in the engine of Tribes 2) I would love to see someone take a crack at remaking it.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.