PLANETSIDE 2 RECRUITMENT VIDEO

Since a lot of new players will join, can we set up a outfit to help cover all the stuff you didn't cover in the video. Since outfits have a unlimited amount of spots, anyone can join. Platoons can help with teaching new people to conquer new bases and squads can help them understand how each class can work off of each other.

I'm actually the one of them that "launched it once or twice, and then never came back". Interesting to know I'm not alone in this.

On the technical side: what kind of communication is planned for this? So you'll have twitch, but that's for viewers, not for players. How do you plan to communicate with other players? Does PS2 support voice chats? Do you have any voice-chat servers? I have a private mumble server, but I never tested it on more than 3 players, I doubt it'll support even 50. But it'll be good for at least a couple of squads, I guess. Although it's located in russia, and perhaps won't be that good for US players.

But in any case, I can donate my server for one evening if some sort of voice communication is planned. Tell me if you're interested.

This was the hardest dilemma and is part of why I took so long to make this video. You see there's a conundrum in Planetside 2. Asking a brand new player to learn much more than what I conveyed in the video might put them at the threshold of not wanting to play the game, this is why I was trying to focus on self-autonomy. This is also why I think liaisons will be needed. Hopefully there can be people involved in different communities in communication with me that can spread the word out if I have any big announcements (I don't plan on dictating much, mostly what base I'm heading too next and any I would suggest splitting off into). I want any competent players to be acting independent of me. On the contrary, since I'll be streaming, I'll be a walking liability in terms of intelligence. Any sensitive strategic action should NOT be communicated to me.

Since a lot of new players will join, can we set up a outfit to help cover all the stuff you didn't cover in the video. Since outfits have a unlimited amount of spots, anyone can join. Platoons can help with teaching new people to conquer new bases and squads can help them understand how each class can work off of each other.
Yes of course, I just didn't want brand new players to feel like that was mandatory. Maybe forming an official rookie outfit "for those that want extra training" might be a good idea.

Yes of course, I just didn't want brand new players to feel like that was mandatory. Maybe forming an official rookie outfit "for those that want extra training" might be a good idea.

Nice, should it called something like accursed conglomerate so it can be found? Because I know their is a ton of small NC outfits and it gets hard to look through the list.

Planetside 2 was off my radar, but heck, ill try it out

But yeah, i have to ask same thing as morse here- maybe someone has teamspeak server you can use? So that it wouldnt turn into absolute mess, you might want to keep voice privileges only to yourself

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Planetside 2 was off my radar, but heck, ill try it out

But yeah, i have to ask same thing as morse here- maybe someone has teamspeak server you can use? So that it wouldnt turn into absolute mess, you might want to keep voice privileges only to yourself

Team speak does have better mic audio. PS2 tends to mess with the sound on mics a lot but we need to find a server that would be able to support huge amounts of people.

So I dug up my old PS2 account and tried to reset the password. At first it look like it went through except it didn't since when I tried to login with my new password it said it was incorrect. If I try to reset my password again now I get a message saying I'm having trouble with my account(no shit Sherlock) and am told to contact customer support. When I followed the link for said customer support it just takes me to their support page. I don't know what to do at this point.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

I want any competent players to be acting independent of me. On the contrary, since I'll be streaming, I'll be a walking liability in terms of intelligence. Any sensitive strategic action should NOT be communicated to me.

Hm, so serious, almost like you forgot that this is the game :) I don't know about the rest, but I definitely will be there only to hear your (and other people's) comments on the major clusterfucks that will inevitably happen. I mean, what's the point of advertising this as a "playsession with fans" if you are going to distance yourself from the actual playing as much as possible? So I really encourage you to at least setup some one-way voice chat. Twich is not very good at that, because it eats bandwidth for image, that no-one in play really needs, and it has a noticeable lag.

I also think that this have some potential as a video feature, provided that the voicechat will be recorded: some funny moments together with people's reaction. This can be fun.

Are there any other people with the access to some voice-chat servers? Mine alone won't support several hundreds, but if we divide the load between 5-6 it might be feasible.

So I dug up my old PS2 account and tried to reset the password. At first it look like it went through except it didn't since when I tried to login with my new password it said it was incorrect. If I try to reset my password again now I get a message saying I'm having trouble with my account(no shit Sherlock) and am told to contact customer support. When I followed the link for said customer support it just takes me to their support page. I don't know what to do at this point.

Make another account, if the account is more than a year old, all the stuff you bought will be gone. I think it's mostly because how PS2 switched hands from another company a while back and a lot of accounts' data got fucked up.

As this is a non-standard video for Accursed Farms, unless there's some kind of demand for it, I do not believe I will make subtitles for this video. PM me if you really do want subtitles, though, and if there's big enough demand, I'll make it.

Thanks! Hope the Planetside 2 thing goes off swimmingly! :D

Make another account, if the account is more than a year old, all the stuff you bought will be gone. I think it's mostly because how PS2 switched hands from another company a while back and a lot of accounts' data got fucked up.

I think I figured out what happened. You know how when you go to make a PS2 account it says to use a password between 8-15 characters? Well it didn't say that in the reset password email I received and I used a password that was 16 characters. It appears to have bypassed the 15 character limit and effectively bricked my account from the inside. Is there anyway to detach that dead account from my email or is it stuck like that?

Does the support not have a live chat thingy or an email you can contact? I mean you have plenty of time.

Edit: Oh right, you didn't find anything sorry, hold on, I'll try to find something for you.

Thank you for the concern. But I just did what DrDino said and made a new account. I wasn't very far into the game so it's not like I really lost anything. I may want to find someway of reporting this account breaking bug though.

For anyone who has an old account and are trying to reset your password. Make sure your new password is within 15 characters. Otherwise you'll brick your account.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Will have to look into the veteran teams.

You who distill within you the whole world,

attend to this voice from the realm beyond:

You’re beast, and demon, angel, human being;

whatever you show forth, you are that thing.

Is there an easy way to improve the framerate in battles without ruining the look of the game? I'll probably have to fiddle with the config files myself to see if there's anything that could help. Also most in-game options barely change anything, I could post some optimal settings here.

The problem is that every single system reacts differently to each setting... My laptop that I'm playing on can do almost any setting, provided the shadows are disabled, and not change the framerate much. On another laptop, shadows don't change the framerate, but everything else does. On another, only the texture resolution affects framerates. There are just too many variables in system design for a simple guide. If you PM me your system specs, I can give you a likelihood of settings that will maximize your framerate while preserving visual fidelity.

Finally someone else loves Kelly's Heroes. Not only is it someone, but it's Ross Scott - Paragon of Taste.

It's not just him... I also was quite thrilled to see the reference. (too many don't bother with the great classics, which is sad)

I have a question. If a person who wants to join the server lives far away from the US, will they still be able to play, or will the lag be too much to handle. Also how viable would it be to have the fans divided into the three factions for anyone who wants to fight against the main group?

I'm very dissapointed that NC doesn't have Miniguns.

Lag is very specific to your internet and location... Best thing to do is go into the game before the meetup, and see if the lag is too much or not.

I think splitting up across factions is going to be a very difficult thing to manage. You'll end up with a lot of confusion and players that don't want to shoot because "DON'T KILL OUR SUPREME LEADER ROSS SCOTT!!!", and that could potentially lead to worse gameplay for all sides.

They may not have fast firing, but the DPS for the NC is identical. (and it's far closer to standard FPS game's playstyle than the other factions)

That's a great idea. The best way to accomplish this is to cut Prowler and Sunderer access when defending and being the sort of "advance force" when capturing a territory.

Or you could just go rogue and do as much damage to the enemy team(s) in any way you see fit. Great thing about this black ops or "Rogue Squad" idea is flexibility. The cons of course are that you guys will die.

A lot.

Prowler is TR only... Not really applicable for this. (it also doesn't stand a chance against a good driver in a Vanguard or a pair of lightnings) BTW, I did the math, and the most efficient tank in the game is a Lightning with a Skyguard. Good against everything, low cost, very fast.

My method is usually to take out the spawns, then run to the other side of the map to take an otherwise undefended territory, then return and help the main force. Occasionally grab a whale (Galaxy) and sit at max altitude to drop anti-air near the enemy warpgate, or drop heavies over a capture point when the enemy doesn't have good air coverage. I also am fond of getting my team sitting inside the capture points of a location before the connecting zones are fully captured, so we have a foothold immediately that the enemy have to deal with before they can attempt a recapture push. (destroying vehicle terminals, and boobytrapping them is also fun) I have always been quite proficient in getting a regenerating sunderer into a great position, the problem is that it's almost never the first one on the scene, and all the good areas to deploy are blocked by some really badly placed sundies. (so I either have to wait, or have a very limited selection of secure deploy areas)

Get a dozen experienced players with Warden toting heavies up on an overwatch area, and you can usually take out any enemy strong point. (I have seen teams like that take out over 50 enemies and their 2 cloaked sundies without a single death on our side vs both the TR and VS, so this is a tactic I love to see used) I honestly consider the Warden to be slightly OP, considering it is essentially a mid-range sniper with semi-auto capabilities and a relatively large magazine. On a heavy, it is the perfect counter-sniper system. (the heavy shield gives you immunity to the 1-hit-kill sniper headshots, so you have time to put your own headshots down-range)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I tried it out for an hour and couldn't figure out how to identify enemies before they killed me in 1-3 seconds of fire. I imagine that's a feature one is intended to learn to deal with, but it's one that won't see me playing the game, sorry.

Well nice, it looks like someone else already took my name(I don't blame them as it's pretty good) for a character. Has anyone else dealt with this and what did you change your name to?

Well nice, it looks like someone else already took my name(I don't blame them as it's pretty good) for a character. Has anyone else dealt with this and what did you change your name to?

Use Heli0centrical

0 and O look the same.

6twjHHc.jpg

Is there an easy way to improve the framerate in battles without ruining the look of the game? I'll probably have to fiddle with the config files myself to see if there's anything that could help. Also most in-game options barely change anything, I could post some optimal settings here.

There are just too many variables in system design for a simple guide. If you PM me your system specs, I can give you a likelihood of settings that will maximize your framerate while preserving visual fidelity.

No I already picked the settings, I just wanted something a bit more in-depth, (sorry don't know how to explain it). I know the textures are more intensive, but the game will look like ass if I lower those too, other settings really don't matter so I just lowered them anyway, I always lower settings related to the geometry, it's always stuff you never notice.

Ideally I would benchmark each setting, but I'm feeling kinda lazy so I just went with something a bit quicker. I wanted something more than what the in-game settings offer me, but anything else might be a bit too extreme, so I'll have to just suffer during big battles.

Main resource hog on PS2 is not actually graphics. you can go with high graphics, just off shadows and flora.

Main resource hog on PS2 is not actually graphics. you can go with high graphics, just off shadows and flora.

I already turned those off, but anyway I just lowered the other stuff too as it really didn't add much and I don't like the Bloom or the Motion Blur. The Bloom actually kinda hindered my visibility at night.

Mostly you can use high graphics since game is highly CPU intensive, so going most things high will help you out in balancing the resources. Going high detail gives actually more info with one of best sights, called IR/NV

Man, I really missed playing this game even though most of the time I'm still getting killed. :lol:

I tried driving a Sunderer around and damn, they are slow. I feel like a soccer mom in her minivan trying to get the kids to the next soccer game when I drive one of these things around. I don't envy anyone who has to set one of them up as it isn't glamorous by any stretch of the imagination.

Man, I really missed playing this game even though most of the time I'm still getting killed. :lol:

I tried driving a Sunderer around and damn, they are slow. I feel like a soccer mom in her minivan trying to get the kids to the next soccer game when I drive one of these things around. I don't envy anyone who has to set one of them up as it isn't glamorous by any stretch of the imagination.

BILLY I GOT YA JUICE! GET IN THE VAN, MOMMY NEEDS TO GET HER HAIR DONE!!!!

Aw, damn, my 32-bit OS fails me yet again.
Yeah sorry man, it USED to support both, though I guess you could argue this is a game that really could use the extra RAM.

I'll join in later once I begrudgingly trade my beloved Win7 in for a copy of Win10. I've got the proc, I've just been too damn lazy to buy/install a new OS. Surprisingly, it's only now starting to become a liability.

Then again, I ran Win2k for ten years...I'm not a fan of upgrading if I don't absolutely have to.