PLANETSIDE 2 RECRUITMENT VIDEO

Well nice, it looks like someone else already took my name(I don't blame them as it's pretty good) for a character. Has anyone else dealt with this and what did you change your name to?

Use Heli0centrical

0 and O look the same.

6twjHHc.jpg

Is there an easy way to improve the framerate in battles without ruining the look of the game? I'll probably have to fiddle with the config files myself to see if there's anything that could help. Also most in-game options barely change anything, I could post some optimal settings here.

There are just too many variables in system design for a simple guide. If you PM me your system specs, I can give you a likelihood of settings that will maximize your framerate while preserving visual fidelity.

No I already picked the settings, I just wanted something a bit more in-depth, (sorry don't know how to explain it). I know the textures are more intensive, but the game will look like ass if I lower those too, other settings really don't matter so I just lowered them anyway, I always lower settings related to the geometry, it's always stuff you never notice.

Ideally I would benchmark each setting, but I'm feeling kinda lazy so I just went with something a bit quicker. I wanted something more than what the in-game settings offer me, but anything else might be a bit too extreme, so I'll have to just suffer during big battles.

Well nice, it looks like someone else already took my name(I don't blame them as it's pretty good) for a character. Has anyone else dealt with this and what did you change your name to?

Use Heli0centrical

0 and O look the same.

6twjHHc.jpg

Is there an easy way to improve the framerate in battles without ruining the look of the game? I'll probably have to fiddle with the config files myself to see if there's anything that could help. Also most in-game options barely change anything, I could post some optimal settings here.

There are just too many variables in system design for a simple guide. If you PM me your system specs, I can give you a likelihood of settings that will maximize your framerate while preserving visual fidelity.

No I already picked the settings, I just wanted something a bit more in-depth, (sorry don't know how to explain it). I know the textures are more intensive, but the game will look like ass if I lower those too, other settings really don't matter so I just lowered them anyway, I always lower settings related to the geometry, it's always stuff you never notice.

Ideally I would benchmark each setting, but I'm feeling kinda lazy so I just went with something a bit quicker. I wanted something more than what the in-game settings offer me, but anything else might be a bit too extreme, so I'll have to just suffer during big battles.

Main resource hog on PS2 is not actually graphics. you can go with high graphics, just off shadows and flora.

Main resource hog on PS2 is not actually graphics. you can go with high graphics, just off shadows and flora.

I already turned those off, but anyway I just lowered the other stuff too as it really didn't add much and I don't like the Bloom or the Motion Blur. The Bloom actually kinda hindered my visibility at night.

I already turned those off, but anyway I just lowered the other stuff too as it really didn't add much and I don't like the Bloom or the Motion Blur. The Bloom actually kinda hindered my visibility at night.

Mostly you can use high graphics since game is highly CPU intensive, so going most things high will help you out in balancing the resources. Going high detail gives actually more info with one of best sights, called IR/NV

Mostly you can use high graphics since game is highly CPU intensive, so going most things high will help you out in balancing the resources. Going high detail gives actually more info with one of best sights, called IR/NV

I never used that sight too much, I just enabled the fog setting seeing as that one clearly helped.

Edited by Guest

Man, I really missed playing this game even though most of the time I'm still getting killed. :lol:

I tried driving a Sunderer around and damn, they are slow. I feel like a soccer mom in her minivan trying to get the kids to the next soccer game when I drive one of these things around. I don't envy anyone who has to set one of them up as it isn't glamorous by any stretch of the imagination.

Man, I really missed playing this game even though most of the time I'm still getting killed. :lol:

I tried driving a Sunderer around and damn, they are slow. I feel like a soccer mom in her minivan trying to get the kids to the next soccer game when I drive one of these things around. I don't envy anyone who has to set one of them up as it isn't glamorous by any stretch of the imagination.

BILLY I GOT YA JUICE! GET IN THE VAN, MOMMY NEEDS TO GET HER HAIR DONE!!!!

Aw, damn, my 32-bit OS fails me yet again.
Yeah sorry man, it USED to support both, though I guess you could argue this is a game that really could use the extra RAM.

I'll join in later once I begrudgingly trade my beloved Win7 in for a copy of Win10. I've got the proc, I've just been too damn lazy to buy/install a new OS. Surprisingly, it's only now starting to become a liability.

Then again, I ran Win2k for ten years...I'm not a fan of upgrading if I don't absolutely have to.

Aw, damn, my 32-bit OS fails me yet again.
Yeah sorry man, it USED to support both, though I guess you could argue this is a game that really could use the extra RAM.

I'll join in later once I begrudgingly trade my beloved Win7 in for a copy of Win10. I've got the proc, I've just been too damn lazy to buy/install a new OS. Surprisingly, it's only now starting to become a liability.

Then again, I ran Win2k for ten years...I'm not a fan of upgrading if I don't absolutely have to.

Don't

Edited by Guest

Yes of course, I just didn't want brand new players to feel like that was mandatory. Maybe forming an official rookie outfit "for those that want extra training" might be a good idea.

I got about 560 hours played (although haven't played in a year) and I strongly suggest you setup an outfit for everybody. I wouldn't make it mandatory but I would very strongly suggest it to everybody. Reason being is you want to coordinate, otherwise people will just get lost and frustrated because they will not really "feel" the connection. Sure you can have the stream open and running at the same time but that's very chaotic, especially since you hear gunfire from the stream that isn't really near you. Reason for the outfit would mainly be coordination. You want to tell all your little minions where to strike next, even just in the most general sense (continent x - strike south or strike base y). Without an outfit everybody will just feel like a random player without a purpose - you'll need to motivate the troops and such to prevent the army from losing cohesion!

Use Heli0centrical

0 and O look the same.

6twjHHc.jpg

Oh, hey, I was playing with you a bit last night.

I got about 560 hours played (although haven't played in a year) and I strongly suggest you setup an outfit for everybody. I wouldn't make it mandatory but I would very strongly suggest it to everybody. Reason being is you want to coordinate, otherwise people will just get lost and frustrated because they will not really "feel" the connection. Sure you can have the stream open and running at the same time but that's very chaotic, especially since you hear gunfire from the stream that isn't really near you. Reason for the outfit would mainly be coordination. You want to tell all your little minions where to strike next, even just in the most general sense (continent x - strike south or strike base y). Without an outfit everybody will just feel like a random player without a purpose - you'll need to motivate the troops and such to prevent the army from losing cohesion!

YES! LETS DO IT!

I'm mildly surprised Ross likes the NC music over the TR, most of the time I agree with his opinions on music but I really like the TR music.

Also, I'm pretty sure the dev team was primarily NC. Might have had something to do with the bias they get.

I guess, we can setup something like Discord server for this too.

A Discord would be cool i'd join

Why are people still saying to make an Outfit? THERE IS ONE ON EACH OF THE US SERVERS ALREADY!!! Accursed Farms (US West server) and Accursed Farms East (US East server) are open for anyone to join!

Oh, hey, I was playing with you a bit last night.

I don't remember your name seeing as I was really messing around at one point but cool. Was trying to see what the community is like in the chat mostly. A little bit dissapointed, was kinda hoping most people would be friendlier when I was asking for actual help, it's kinda mixed I guess, long term players are a bit more ehh, might act like dicks or ignore me while new players do speak and help me.

At one point I even said that I had a different videocard than what I actually have, no idea if you saw that (I lied seeing as having someone telling you how much your computer sucks instead of helping is pretty lame, but in the end he still had no idea on how to help anyway). I'm pretty sure if I'd get a better CPU the game might run better, but I can't afford an upgrade, but I know the game is multi-threaded so I was kinda hoping my Quad Core would do okay. I feel as if the game really shouldn't be performing this badly, it kinda reminds me of APB and Saints Row 2, they ran like ass no matter what you did.

Oh also Ross never said anything about the Q key, it's not something really needed for the video but marking enemies is pretty useful. (This is not something Ross had to add in the video, I just mentioned it if you are a new player)

Edit: Does the game still run on DX9?

Why are people still saying to make an Outfit? THERE IS ONE ON EACH OF THE US SERVERS ALREADY!!! Accursed Farms (US West server) and Accursed Farms East (US East server) are open for anyone to join!

Have those been made by Ross himself? I tried to look one up but I can't find it.

PLrjB3g.png

Also I kinda regret wasting certs on C4, I'll just delete my character and make a new one, I know this game is extremely grindy, I'm not losing anything anyway. Why the hell isn't C4 a global unlock? I presumed utilities would be things you can buy for everyone.

Edited by Guest

I just had a thought, what if we also got to play some PlanetSide 1? We could also have way more players in it, if it's not too active, but I think some might be put off by the graphics. I have no idea what the player cap is like though, if it's too small then maybe that would suck. I'm mostly afraid about any veterans who might still be playing, but maybe that won't be such a big issue.

The soundtrack is way cooler too. (can't embed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-PzRoKOZYM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opwnDjNjE0c

If you have a PlanetSide 2 account you can simply download the game.

https://www.planetside.com/register

The best thing about it is that it would most likely run way better than PS2, some might actually enjoy it more than PS2, but I never played PS1 and it would be awesome if we could have a big game on it.

I just had a thought, what if we also got to play some PlanetSide 1? We could also have way more players in it, if it's not too active, but I think some might be put off by the graphics. I have no idea what the player cap is like though, if it's too small then maybe that would suck.

Afaik, it was something like 133 vs 133 vs 133, so about the amount 1 faction holds in PS2

I guess, we can setup something like Discord server for this too.

A Discord would be cool i'd join

That actually gives me an idea. We could setup a Discord server with Ross' permission to mentor anyone interested prior to the even and after, if this becomes a monthly thing.

This game is pretty cool, but I'm kinda dissapointed that even the first game is so MMO-ish like, but so far it looks way cooler than PS2 to me, the fact that it has constant background music is pretty awesome to me, I seriously love the music, the music in PS2 is really meh.

(My texture settings weren't maxed out)

5w0hC0T.jpg

Yesssss.

xr2mwPr.png

Edited by Guest