Games You've Finished Recently

Technically, I recently finished The Division 2. It basically resets to halfway through the World Tier campaign when you beat it the first time, but with somewhat stronger enemies and much better loot.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I wouldn't say it was recently but it is the last game I technically officially beat.

Path of Exile

And by that I mean I beat Uber Elder solo which is as of this moment ther most difficult boss fight in the game. Not part of the main story but it's always been my goal since the fight was added.

Retired Forum Moderator

Recently played through the Android version of Dragon Quest III, which dropped me into a hard Dragon Quest hole.

I want to put some money into DQ1. If I'm understanding the premise of the game correctly, then Todd Howard may invented a time machine just for the Famicom.

On 4/13/2019 at 2:42 AM, MonkeyBoi said:

Blood

And Jensen’s shit-eating grin is truly the only review needed for it.

Dungeon siege 1, have owned it for a very long time but finally stuck with it and beat it. Wish i could make a full 8 dwarf beatdown party. Now i just need to figure out what to play next.

I have finished the main storyline of Knights of Pen and Paper 2. Now I'm whacking at the DLC. Fun little game but I did thought it was something more like tabletop simulator at first, bummed when I couldn't make my own scenarios/mods even with preset stuff. But the game was okay, it does encapsulate how it is to play a TTRPG with friends.

Edited by Eshanas (see edit history)

Project Warlock

Simple game. Good gameplay. Amazing slaughter.

Enemies are well designed and killing them feels good. Not too long, not too short. What it lacks is better magic because is not that useful and some kind of survivor map challenge where you are on the closed map with enemies storming you in waves. Add an ammo resupply after each wave, upgrade stations in the center and boss safter 5 or 10 waves and it would be GLORIOUS.

Edited by Just_Someone (see edit history)

Finished Queen's Wish: The Conqueror.

It ended poorly. I stumbled around the underworld, found the main enemy base. It was full of low-mid level creatures. What the hell? I go through waves of enemies without breaking a sweat. Finish. Get a slideshow cutscene using the main map for most of its imagery. I'm using tier 3 equipment; there's no real magical or Underworld equipment thereof. 

I just..I get that they're Retro, but twenty years later the games seem the same then and now. It's high time at least the eye candy went up a bit. Better pixel art, Music - at all - better assets, better quests, better enemies.  

I dunno...I recommend it if you can nab it on sale. There are highs and rises, not a lot of downers until the end. But it's milquetoast overall I guess.

2 minutes ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

how many alien sudoku puzzles did you go through before you pulled out a walkthrough

i may have uninstalled the game after the fifth, or seventh one, i lost track

I did all of them on my own tbh. None of them were that hard.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

DUSK

"I don't trust a man that doesn't have something strange going on about him, cause that means he's hiding it from you. If a man's wearing his pants on his head or if he says his words backwards from time to time, you know it's all laid out there for you. But if he's friendly to strangers and keeps his home spick-and-span, more often than not he's done something even his own ma couldn't forgive." -No-bark Noonan

3 hours ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

you mean fifth time rite ?

Uhhh... Is this a meme I'm not getting?

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

No, I didn't get it. I'm no meme expert. I'll do my fifth playthrough when I'm in the mood to replay the game.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Recently I played through the first 2 acts of Hiveswap. I bought all of the Homestuck games at the same time, and I was surprised at how cohesive an experience it's been so far, what with WhatPumpkin having to replace most of their staff like twice before the first part and then again between the first and second. If the third and fourth parts are about the same in terms of content, the full product would be the meatiest adventure game I've ever finished, and the puzzles have remained mostly intuitive without feeling as railroaded as a lot of adventure games can. Giving unique text for rubbing every object on every other interactable thing in the game (and unique achievements for certain obscure combinations) probably encourages futzing around such that that would be easier anyway, though.

Can't say I was a huge fan of the tealblood trial, though. They lay out all these clues and little bits of characterization and a timeline, trying to get you to line up a whole bunch of suspects and evidence, but it felt seemingly random which statements I had to press witnesses on or which evidence I needed to present or even who should have been called to the stand. I just kind of spammed Tyzias's hint button until it worked. Like, what am I supposed to do with the Warrior cats girl? Should I call Lanque up when he doesn't seem to give a shit about anything? How fucked am I early-on if I call the wrong person? It's weird. I've never played an Ace Attorney game, but this isn't convincing me That said, I think the fact that the game *literally doesn't even tell you who did it* if you send an innocent troll to clown hell is hilarious.