Outerra - The Future of all Games?

Those trees are indeed amazing, i want to see more of this engine. Do they have a website or blog or something like that?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Those trees are indeed amazing, i want to see more of this engine. Do they have a website or blog or something like that?

Check the first post again.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

ZeosPantera, I need to ask you to resize the images in the main post and the recent post to, at the most, 800x600.

ZeosPantera, I need to ask you to resize the images in the main post and the recent post to, at the most, 800x600.

thank you.

will do. I thought all new forums had auto-resize scripts at this point. Also why 800x600. Who is running a 15" monitor nowadays.

will do. I thought all new forums had auto-resize scripts at this point.

It's actually quite rare to find one that does have that auto-resizer... (uses a lot of server processing resources to do)

Also why 800x600. Who is running a 15" monitor nowadays.

98% of laptop users... (mine is a 15.6" that maxes at 1366x768 rez)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Then on that subject. I recommend everyone grab the addon NoSquint for FF. https://urandom.ca/nosquint/

I use it to make everything bigger but I am sure you can use it to make everything smaller. Also ImageZoom is handy to shrink unruly large images or blow up tiny ones.

No Squint can do text separately, remembers your setting and can globally resize all web pages and modify the colors a web page uses. I can't live with a white youtube. th_2011-01-13_231604.png

No Squint can do text separately, remembers your setting and can globally resize all web pages and modify the colors a web page uses. I can't live with a white youtube. th_2011-01-13_231604.png

Oh okey cool, I'll check it out.

Anyhow, lets get back on topic

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

An engine like that would only be necessary for a game that would need it, such as Aircraft simulation.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Why? I see no reason it wouldn't work in all earth based games. The Data required to render from a mountaintop to the entire horizon around you 360° is only about 40MB. Plus the 1CM accuracy of objects on the ground make it a waste to do with just flight sim's. The only time a flight simmer is concerned with the earth is takeoff and landing. The rest of the time a real pilot is just seeing a patch of sky and instruments. I think a flight sim is the least important use of this engine.

colautti_full_flight_sim.jpg

But a large scale system like that probably wouldn't be accommodating for the highly developed and specially-adjusted requirements for shooter spaces (or indeed any spaces where creativity or calculation is required from the player, from puzzles to adventure) where visibility and player movement dynamics are paramount to whether the game is playable and/or fun, as well as lighting, specially designed for guidance, narrative or navigation. Let alone sequence triggers and NPC choreography and scripting.

What practical use is it for in terms of video games that aren't simulation?

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Unreal has just previewed it's new engine. Here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQdbMWOFguY

It shows the detail on hair and shadows and awesome reflections etc etc. But nothing about the map size or what looking out upon the rest of the world looks like. Narrative doesn't have to mean linear corridors and invisible walls. Creativity and Calculation? I can only see having no limits add to both those gaming categories. IE.. You Need to enter a secure city. Instead of attacking a gate or going around the corner to find an obvious helicopter waiting, maybe you could travel the 12-15 miles to the airport your last mission took place. Remember there are no loading screens. Point A will still be there when you reach point B. Puzzles could be larger. Adventure.. . ADVENTURE? really?

If the game develops and is as good as I hope. Nobody will doubt it.

All these screens mekes me insane! Im already in love in them!

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"