Depressed

Sign in to follow this  

Just me, you know, reeling about the marvels of the basic functions of your mind and plummeting deeper into my depressing side. What is life but the five senses? All you can do is see, hear, feel, touch, and smell. Then, you absorb that data and comprehend it in your own way. There's nothing more to it. All that you do is dedicated to serving the five senses, and without them, you aren't really living, but more of a shell, a shell that can barely survive in that state. This goes for EVERYTHING. You can't even love without the senses if you don't have memories. You could never even tell when your loved ones are there if you ever could interact with them!

Also, every mood you ever are in is controlled by chemicals. When your brain gives you a dose of dopamine, you feel good, it's like laughter. It's not intended to, but it depresses me. It makes me realize just how pointless it all is. All you do is live, reproduce, and die. Nature DESIGNED humans this way. We needed to think to survive, but it had adverse side effects, so we have all these chemicals to keep us from hitting rock bottom!

What keeps me alive is the beauty of the world and curiosity on what the next day will bring.

No, I don't. They are unreliable animals.

Dogs, on the other hand, are awesome. They give you love, support and loyalty, no matter what. Google "Greyfriars Bobby" or "Hachiko" for good examples.

This is a picture of my labrador Rinky, when he was 40 days old.

Rinky.jpg

We needed to think to survive, but it had adverse side effects, so we have all these chemicals to keep us from hitting rock bottom!

My friend... I completely agree with you in that humans need all this to function. We are organic machines. But to this, I can only say... so what? You need "hardware" (your body) to exist as an individual. It's just a physical mean. Your experiences, pain, happiness, companionship, love, are no less real because of it. They are real to you, and that's all that should matter.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

Dogs, on the other hand, are awesome.

We will have to agree to disagree there.

I thought since you were doing generalizations I might as well join in. I have encountered awesome dogs like the one my dad had, and also loud and stupid ones that make a hyperactive hamster look reliable. Likewise I have met awesome and loving cats alongside lazy ones that don't care about anyone, not even their owner. I think a pet's upbringing says a lot about certain traits, getting them young and bringing them up yourself goes a long way to create quality friends, bring adults to a new home is only asking for trouble in most cases.

I think a pet's upbringing says a lot about certain traits, getting them young and bringing them up yourself goes a long way to create quality friends, bring adults to a new home is only asking for trouble in most cases.

Again, agreed. However, I've yet to find a reliable cat. That doesn't mean I would harm one, in fact, on more than one occasion I've returned stray cats to their owners in my neighborhood, but (and this is, as you point out, a gross generalization), I find them to be selfish and uncaring.

Dogs, on the other hand, have been bred for thousands of generations to be "man's best friend". This is my third dog, and I've enjoyed thoroughly every single moment with all of them.

I don't think we should continue this discussion here, though. I've been thinking of making a "Pets" thread. That would be a more appropriate forum.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

I'm depressed most of the time.

As I said in another thread, I'm just too depressed to bother with suicide... It's too depressing.

You know what picks me up? Being able to sit and do nothing for 3 days, without consequences. Works without fail.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.