The 'lets find that piece of music' thread

Sign in to follow this  

Okay, I've not seen this done before but I think it's a great idea so here we go.

Basically, I'm sure we've all had that moment where we've seen some television advert or something like that, and it's got this piece of music in the background that you just can't place. Maybe you've even done some research to try and hunt it down but to no avail.

So instead the best solution is to see if anyone recognises it. And we've got a fair few people on this forum so I reckon that if someone's after a particular piece of music from something, someone is bound to know what it is. So I've created this thread for people to post their mysterious pieces of music for identification.

For the first one it's one I'm after.

Here's a video with some music I really like, but have no idea what it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=SIUAaT-D9gY

I asked in the video comments what the music was but unfortunately no one responded. Does anyone recognise the music?

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

This is awesome music. It's similiar to Danny Elfman's or Tchaikovsky's, but I don't know it, sorry, I can't help you.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Sounds almost like a less "suspenseful" version of the theme music for the Harry Potter movies...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Shazam couldn't recognize it... sorry

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

Yeah, I also tried Shazam (it's the first time it has failed me) and AudioTag. No luck so far.

Sounds strangely familiar though...

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

Damn it. I know I've heard this piece somewhere, but I can't put my finger on it.

On a completely unrelated note: Garry Newman is taking a bath in all his GMod profits.

On a completely unrelated note: Garry Newman is taking a bath in all his GMod profits.

Why wouldn't he?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It sounds similar to the Carol of Bells but it isn't that....

Describing the song I wanted I wanted to find, I remembered some of the lyrics and found it. The song I was going to ask for help finding turned out to be this.

Thanks anyway, I guess.

Why wouldn't he?

Maybe he would like to spend it.

Describing the song I wanted I wanted to find, I remembered some of the lyrics and found it. The song I was going to ask for help finding turned out to be this.

Thanks anyway, I guess.

Well, I'm still after the name of the one I posted. I've had several people say they're sure they've heard it before, but no one can think what it is.

Why wouldn't he?

Maybe he would like to spend it.

I'd invest it.

I'd invest it.

Thinking of which, it surprised me to find out that Valve Software is not a publicly traded Company.

If he wanted to, Gabe Newell could quite literally swim in a vault filled with money.

I guess it means they have their freedom then, not having to bend their quality and design to accommodate the """"suggestions"""" of investors.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.