ROSS'S BIG GAME LIST

I feel like this was addressed somewhere in this 7 page thread.
But my question is if the forum "Obscure PC Games" have any influence over the list?
Games like "Lords of Magic", "Dark Messiah", "Starsector" would make a nice additions to the collection. But I'm unsure if making a post about them would even influence anything.

13 hours ago, Blindfolded said:

I feel like this was addressed somewhere in this 7 page thread.
But my question is if the forum "Obscure PC Games" have any influence over the list?
Games like "Lords of Magic", "Dark Messiah", "Starsector" would make a nice additions to the collection. But I'm unsure if making a post about them would even influence anything.

I think I've seen so much since I originally made that section in the forum, I honestly forgot about it.  I'll try to go through it again.  The list is a little different though, since it would have to be obscure AND look like something I would enjoy playing.  Game Dungeon doesn't necessarily need those qualifications though. 

I'm surprised Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead isn't on the list. It's the open source zombie (and everything else) roguelike survival game. If you want to take on the apocalypse as a failed cyborg, a wilderness man rejected from society and living off of the land in the forests of New England, or a schizophrenic alcoholic trucker who only knows Tai-chi and knitting, there's no contest. It takes a bit to learn, but compared to other "hard" roguelikes, it's fairly approachable, since the controls make relative sense and the launcher comes with a really nice tileset. It still may be a bit confusing initially if you're not familiar with these sorts of roguelikes at all, but you'll probably be adjusted to the controls within a few hours.

Don't underestimate the wildlife. If you can see the coyotes, it's already too late.

Posted (edited)

I don't know, the style isn't really grabbing me personally. I would rather have a "State of Decay" like game, but actually good.

Honestly, if you guys got any zombie game suggestions, better than State of Decay, hit me up. I loved a lot of the ideas in the game, but the gameplay just mostly falls flat.

I had a good time with Project Zomboid, but once I got settled, it kinda lost the charm to me, there's not a whole lot to do, and the map is kinda boring.

I'm more into 3D games also, but I'll play good 2D games if they exist.

Edited by RaTcHeT302