CP continuity?

Should CP have a similar continuous story as Freeman's mind?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Should CP have a similar continuous story as Freeman's mind?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care

Sign in to follow this  

This may have been brought up before, I couldn't tell, but I've watched Freeman's mind's each episode from 5 to 20 times and each CP episode 2 or 3 times, and I can't help wondering about one thing... continuity.

I mean, the concept of CP is obviously different from the one of FM, so it mightn't suit perfectly to have it as a continuing series with a long, fixed story instead of single episodes which have rather few connections. It's one of the three reasons I don't like CP as much as FM (the other two being Dave being overdone and the tendency of clinging on to certain jokes or discussions that aren't even jokes for a bit too big a part of the episode, but maybe I've just become too selective because FM is so good).

Each episode seems to end with Mike and Dave getting into trouble, dying or getting badly injured. There's nothing wrong in that, but it would be fun to see how they deal with that situation as well instead of just cutting it off there and starting the next one from a clean table.

I'm not writing this because I wouldn't like CP; on the contrary I really enjoy it, and the Tunnel episode was the best so far - which just made me extremely frustrated as I knew the chance of it getting a continuation in the next episode would be the mere fracture of a percent. Neither Mike nor Dave clearly died in the end of that episode, so it should be well possible to continue from there, maybe even start a whole continuous series about the invasion of those... things... whatever they were.

But that's just an example, I'm sure there are plenty better ideas for a plot longer than 20 minutes as well.

NO! That's the charm of CP. Every episode is telling a different story and that's good. Keep it in that way

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Every episode except The Tunnel is just fine the way it is. The Tunnel needs a sequel; we all want to see how Mike gets those things off his helmet...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I need to move to a different universe where someone agrees with me in something...

No! to the poll question. I want each episode to be "story-of-the-week" format, comparable to the "villain-of-the-week" format of some cartoons.

No, but I would like to see what happened to them in the end of the Tunnel.

Me too.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I need to move to a different universe where someone agrees with me in something...

Don't. It's good to have different opinions in a group.

However, if you're decided on the matter, I happen to have schematics for a Quantum Tunneling Device that could be modified to achieve inter universe travel.

ApertureInvestmentOpportunity.gif

No, but I would like to see what happened to them in the end of the Tunnel.
Me too.

And me. Don't see it happening anytime soon, though

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

Wait for halloween 2013.
I believe that to be an overly optimistic estimate

Yeah, more like 2015 right? Maybe even on the HL4 engine if they manage to speed up their output a bit.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I like the tunnel more than any other CP because it had a story to it. Plus it would probably be easier to write for a prolonged story rather than thinking of a unique 'skit' for every episode. If people like the story they'll always watch it everytime a new ep comes out.

I'd love to see civil protection being the main series for accursed farms. by far has a lot of potential to develop into a story.

No, CP is more like the daily cartoons in which there is no consquence and there is a new story every episode with the same premise. I think that's part of the charm in Civil Protection.

Mike and Dave get hurt in almost every episode, Morning Patrol being my favorite, but The Tunnel is one I'd like to see continued because the ending didn't necessarily have them die.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

I made an account just to say yes, make Civil Protection into a storyline series. I used to watch alot of Red vs Blue, and what I loved about it was wondering what would happen next. Same thing with CP, plus that fact that I love CP in Half Life 2, and I havent seen any good machinimas out there that show us CP at their daily jobs. I like the feel of The Tunnel, and I think it would be great if Mike and Dave got into more action. Two regular cops in the middle of such a story as The Tunnel is a great idea. Keep em comin. My only complaint is how long it takes to make episodes, but then again, the quality of the videos show that real work is put into them, so that might explain the time requirments, plus I dont expect Ross to abandon his life to make videos for us.

I made an account just to say yes, make Civil Protection into a storyline series.

You are joking, right?

No im not joking, im not looking for a street whore of a series that changes topic ever episode. Theres too many one episode one story machinimas out there, and CP has the potential and skilled creator to go farther. He does fine with making up stuff regularly, making CP in to even a slightly beyond characters relation should be workable enough, and the payoff would be good. Theres no other Civil Protection based machinimas out there, other than Combine Nation, that measure up to Ross Scotts work with CP.