For all Dos Fans

Sign in to follow this  

I will try to describe each game a little, but try these excellent games:

Alone in the dark 1, 2, 3. - Excellent Graphics Theme, (Because it's actual artists painting it not some Engine) Incredible Storyline, Horror-themed single player quest. My favourite horror game of all. . .

Supaplex - Simply said, 110 (?) Levels of Fun with a Pacman look-alike, going through some incredible levels, both beautiful and challenging at times. Only the really determined ones can finish all levels. Usually people never beat 2-3..

Duke Nukem - If You never heard of it and You like Dos Games, shooting games or want to get into them, get it!

Blood - Same as to Duke but this one has the funnest, coolest weapons and Character I've ever seen including A Trapped Soul and. . . A Voodoo Doll.. I know

Goblins 1, 2, 3 - This, with AITD series was the other Great french Quest game made during the French Quest game era (Late 1980's to 2000), It's concentrated more on adults with the humour (Something for Ross Scott maybe). Think Your way through some funny adventures with three goblins.

Blake Stone series - This one always get forgotten due to the company's apparently more known game Wolfenstein. Personally I prefer Blake Stone to Wolfenstein but oh well...

If You played Wolfenstein You should enjoy this. By the way, who knew the classic company Apogee later changed their name to 3d Realms

Dangerous Dave - Another classic...ehmm Quest? 2d Style Action? Just a game filled with horror-Humour? I'm not really sure, but it's similar to Duke 1, 2 if anyone played.

Dave fights things in his way with a rifle. Actually very fun game, individually the series are a little short I prefer this one to Duke 2d series. Especially the deaths scenes and the jetpack cracks me up every time.

Archon Ultra - Best Chess style Game You will ever play (Hint, it's not really chess, just play it!)

There is tons more, I will ad more Dos games with time, and what about You, Dos people there?

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

I grew up with DOS and DOS games.

One of the earliest gaming memories I have is with BlackThorne by Blizzard. Think it came out around 1994. The PC version featured blood, which was censored out in the SNES version...

Well that's why I love PC's

The SNES is the only console I know of actually coming close to PC in gaming but still DOS was more than games.. It tought you scripting through the clever process of learn scripting or You won't find your games

To add to the list:

----------------------------------------------------

Sonic Series - Pretty good game with the appealing chillout colored graphics, fun chilled gameplay and music. But then I always get annoyed that You can play for an hour reaching a level, then You die and You have to start over again.....

TBH, not my favourite game, but still can be considered a classic.

Civilization 1, 2, Alpha Centauri - The Classics of the Classics, Really what started the turn-based strategy games, control almost everything in your own nation or in a scenario and make history through the course of 5000 years with friends. The well known ridiculous AI of civilization 2 is the most talked about AI in the World I think.

Mortal Kombat series - I wouldn't consider them classics but some people would, my main argument isn't because of the game, more because of the genre: It's a fighting Game, and i never really got into those. Besides this game really can get You mad when You lose against the cheap AI For Fans of Fighter Games this is recommended.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Funny that you should mention Blood. It's one of the better games to utilize the then-revolutionairy Build engine. It was actually made by the same guys who later made No One Lives Forever and even FEAR. Fun to see where they started.

It feels like as if someone crossbred Doom, Duke Nukem 3D and Evil Dead.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Funny that you should mention Blood. It's one of the better games to utilize the then-revolutionairy Build engine. It was actually made by the same guys who later made No One Lives Forever and even FEAR. Fun to see where they started.

lol, did You just answer Yourself?... lol

Anyways, there is another game based on the build engine, it was some Japanese Ninja style game, but I never liked Japanese related games... Except Shogun: Total War. That's ok.

lol, did You just answer Yourself?... lol

Anyways, there is another game based on the build engine, it was some Japanese Ninja style game, but I never liked Japanese related games... Except Shogun: Total War. That's ok.

Yeah, Shadow Warrior. It was actually also made by 3D Realms/Apogee in fact. It's not so much based on Japanese culture as it's just based on the Western interpretation of Japanese culture, lol.

I didn't actually answer myself because I never asked any question, lol.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

DOS takes me back to the 90's when i used to play Xargon and Kiloblaster.

It also reminds me that i managed to live until 1999 only with DOS... crazy times... (?)

lol, I still play a DOS game called "Elf Land" every now and then... Fun side scroller, press "E" + "Z" at the same time for infinite ammo, and godmode.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.