Alan Wake

I just wrapped up a run of this game today, on Nightmare (the highest setting), and was wondering what anyone else here thought about the game. I personally love Stephen King books and this game nails it perfectly in tone and pacing. It's a bit repetitive, and with low replay value due to the heavily scripted tv show/book nature of it, but an amazing ride while it lasts.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

I really wish they'd brought this game out on PC. I would have purchased it. Instead they announced that they'd cancelled the PC version right near release.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I really wish they'd brought this game out on PC. I would have purchased it. Instead they announced that they'd cancelled the PC version right near release.

That's just being an asshole.

The game is fully developed on the pc but isn't sold for it?

Just so people buy those shitty consoles....

The PC has much better gaming experience and you can dock any console controlls (not to mention other goodies) into it if you want so there's really no excuse for their actions.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

@ThatSmartGuy Don't be a hater, nobody likes a hater

I hope that's a joke, or are you defending their actions???

And what? All I said is the truth about the PC, I mean a good gaming Pc is ten times more expensive than a PS 3 for a reason.

And I can literally create a PS 3 or an XBOX out of any PC if you give me some time to tweak it, buy the console controlls....

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

I would have played it if it was out for PC, but since it's not, I have little to no interest in it. Console exclusive games don't interest me unless they are on the Wii. Not because I'm a console gamer but simply because that's the only new console I own (birthday present, hardly use it).

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

And what? All I said is the truth about the PC, I mean a good gaming Pc is ten times more expensive than a PS 3for a reason.

That their, in fatty text is the reason i play on console most of the time. I simply cant afford to buy a decent computer to play todays games on, to make matters worse, i have 3 cars that i need to buy parts for. Doing both doesent work on a students sallary- No matter how much i would like it too.

with that said, that old girl turn 8 years old in a mont or so. Hasnt been opened once

And what? All I said is the truth about the PC, I mean a good gaming Pc is ten times more expensive than a PS 3for a reason.

That their, in fatty text is the reason i play on console most of the time. I simply cant afford to buy a decent computer to play todays games on, to make matters worse, i have 3 cars that i need to buy parts for. Doing both doesent work on a students sallary- No matter how much i would like it too.

with that said, that old girl turn 8 years old in a mont or so. Hasnt been opened once

There's two thing you can do as a student,

- Assemble a computer from garbage. Seriously, if you are good as me, it will cost max. 500 $ or so to make one that will run Crysis on med. Just study which graphics cards are actually good, which parts of the computer you completely don't need and waste money.

- Buy even a 6 year old, nowadays 200-300$ computer, it has much much more classic games/options/utilities/information/fun if you know how to get into them and where to find them, to offer then any console.

To be honest, I've always seen console gamers as either lazy minded or big time propaganda victims.

To be honest, I've always seen console gamers as either lazy minded or big time propaganda victims.

A lot of great classic games are console exclusives, like Super Mario World and GoldenEye 007. Even if you can emulate these on a decent PC nowadays, it doesn't change the fact that back in the day you needed the console to play them. And I think that's why people buy consoles, because of exclusive games and just because a console always just works. There's no setup involved other than just hooking it up. I think that's what attracts people about consoles, the whole plug'n'play aspect. Maybe it's lazy but no matter how you see it, it's a lot more convenient than struggling with PC-related problems.

Now while I am a PC gamer myself and prefer gaming on my PC because it just makes everything feel more centralized and convenient too, I am just trying to be objective and open-minded, and seeing this from a console gamer's perspective.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

A lot of great classic games are console exclusives, like Super Mario World and GoldenEye 007. Even if you can emulate these on a decent PC nowadays, it doesn't change the fact that back in the day you needed the console to play them. And I think that's why people buy consoles, because of exclusive games and just because a console always just works. There's no setup involved other than just hooking it up. I think that's what attracts people about consoles, the whole plug'n'play aspect. Maybe it's lazy but no matter how you see it, it's a lot more convenient than struggling with PC-related problems.

Now while I am a PC gamer myself and prefer gaming on my PC because it just makes everything feel more centralized and convenient too, I am just trying to be objective and open-minded, and seeing this from a console gamer's perspective.

So your post is worthless, my point stays and you agreed with lazy minded or big time propaganda victims, I have nothing against consoles or the lazy minded people who play them, sometiems I myself am lazyminded but I have a grudge against the bullshit with Alan Wake and other games which don't get released on PC for promotional and commercial reasons due to some sick ass console maker probably paying the company not to release on the PC. I mean what other reason is there not to release on the PC?

Everyone knows, modding, coding, interest, communication starts on the PC.

Lets keep things on-topic people, this isn't a computers vs consoles thread.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I can't talk on topic due to the game not being released on anything I own. See the consequences of the makers arrogance? See? DO YOU FEEL IT?

[/madrageofftopic]

this isn't a computers vs consoles thread.

NEW DEBATE THREAD INCOMING!!!

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Wow. New debate thread indeed. I've always had a console slant, not wanting to bother with the expense and occasional frustrations of pc gaming, plus a console controller has always been more my style than a mouse and keyboard. On topic, I guess not many of you have played it due to the cancelled pc version then.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

See how Starcraft 2 isn't on consoles... OMGWTFISWRONGWITHBLIZZARDTHEYCOULDHAVEPUTITONCONSOLESEASILY!!!

Picked this up at Best Buy during Boxing week. Couldn't have been more impressed.

I can see how not many people would have played this that visit this forum!

They truely missed out. This is probably my favorite video game ever made. If anyone that has yet to play this gets in contact with a 360, I urge them to try it out. Give it a couple hours, and it could steal days. Fantastic days.

I have not read a single Stephen King novel, and probably won't start anytime soon, but I did notice (heh, the reason I bought it, actually) all of the Twin Peaks references/scenarios, and can see how Stephen King effected this game.

I loved everything about it, from the beauty of place you were in, to the combat system, it was all my kind of game. I think they made the right move making it strictly for 360, because then they could probably get really good funding, and focus all of their resources to one goal and not three, then having to deal with troubleshooting, as a 360 owner, I think it's a good call.. as a 360 owner.

I guess this game was a sleeper hit. I have yet to see people that said they don't really like it, heck, even the COD-every-year-the-day-it-comes-out-he-gets-it-on-his-360 players I know even loved it.

I really need to get around to getting all of the thermoses.

Picked this up at Best Buy during Boxing week. Couldn't have been more impressed.

I can see how not many people would have played this that visit this forum!

They truely missed out. This is probably my favorite video game ever made. If anyone that has yet to play this gets in contact with a 360, I urge them to try it out. Give it a couple hours, and it could steal days. Fantastic days.

I have not read a single Stephen King novel, and probably won't start anytime soon, but I did notice (heh, the reason I bought it, actually) all of the Twin Peaks references/scenarios, and can see how Stephen King effected this game.

I loved everything about it, from the beauty of place you were in, to the combat system, it was all my kind of game. I think they made the right move making it strictly for 360, because then they could probably get really good funding, and focus all of their resources to one goal and not three, then having to deal with troubleshooting, as a 360 owner, I think it's a good call.. as a 360 owner.

I guess this game was a sleeper hit. I have yet to see people that said they don't really like it, heck, even the COD-every-year-the-day-it-comes-out-he-gets-it-on-his-360 players I know even loved it.

I really need to get around to getting all of the thermoses.

So... what's your top 3 favourite games just to know who I am speaking with.

fihagh'oioadhoigiho uh. I dislike list questions, buuut

At the moment it's Mortal Kombat, Alan Wake and probably Duke Nukem Forever (though it's not out yet) ...if I had to pick 3.

But these are all reeeeally up there, too (including the ones I just listed: Doom 2, Mortal Kombat, Alan Wake, Perfect Dark, Duke 3d, Half-Life, HL:Op4, Half-Life 2, Maaaaybe Portal/Portal 2, Max Payne/2, Resident Evil Remake Call of Duty/2, Jedi Knight: Jedi Accademy, Jedi knight: Jedi Outcast Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2.. yeah, I think that's a good cover.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

fihagh'oioadhoigiho uh. I dislike list questions, buuut

At the moment it's Mortal Kombat, Alan Wake and probably Duke Nukem Forever (though it's not out yet) ...if I had to pick 3.

But like Doom 2, Mortal Kombat, Alan Wake, Perfect Dark, Duke 3d, Half-Life, HL:Op4, Half-Life 2, Maaaaybe Portal/Portal 2, Max Payne/2, Resident Evil Remake.. yeah, I think that's a good cover.

I see, obviously Mortal Kombat, Alan Wake and Duke Nukem Forever you play on the 360.

Ok then, not my taste, thanks.

Haha, Mortal Kombat is out of pure nostalgia, but mostly it's a matter of not having a really great computer, although I did just make one from old free parts, so I'll be playing Duke Matches on PC.. So how about you? What are your favorites?