What other channels about games or movies you would recommend to watch?

Hello, I am a bit tired of watching Game Dungeon in circles, so, do you know if there are good channels about gaming or even movies?

I am subscribed to this except Ross: MandaloreGaming, Joseph Anderson, Sseth Thentach and Charlatan Wonder but I don't really like his vids.

Are there Movie Dungeon or good gaming channels about games to watch? 

7 minutes ago, potty_admiral_bop said:

for short funnies you can watch videogamedunkey

Burn the World!

If you can handle edgy humour and constant uses of Gordon Ramsay clips, Civvie11 might interest you: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC21uZkfXpT8rPY-gPgMiCwA

He also does playthroughs of old-school FPS games. And his Hunt Down the Freeman review might be my favorite video of his:

But if you want a more normal guy that review games, SomecallmeJohnny might be worthy checking out. He did many platformer reviews, especially Sonic and Shantae games: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg83RGdRpwfvoFEuE2zWKZA

As for movies... Well, if you like B/cult movies you can check ou Brandon Tenold: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBrandonTenold/featured

LGR, or Lazy Game Reviews has occasional retrospectives on the same era of PC gaming that Ross covers. He also puts out videos about hardware and various bits of PC history, which can be interesting if you have that sort of interest. I don't typically enjoy his straight video game reviews - there are better channels for that - but his knowledge of the industry and the most historic games in PC history is top notch.

ClementJ64 and KingK both also do gaming retrospectives that aren't particularly in-depth, but I like hearing their opinions and experiences with some of my favorite titles. Clothmap is a bit different - Drew Scanlon, formerly of Giant Bomb, travels around the world, lecturing about culture and entertainment through the lens of gaming. Sometimes video games, sometimes tabletop or card games, sometimes sports. You may know Yahtzee Croshaw from The Escapist? He has a long-forgotten solo YouTube channel where he and a friend of his talk over a ton of old PC games from the 80s and 90s; mostly adventure games.

For movies, I assume you know about Red Letter Media. I also enjoy Welcome to The Basement for retrospectives on movies from the 70s, 80s, and 90s. Their general concept is that two guys watch a movie together. One of them has seen the film previously, and the other hasn't. They compare thoughts and opinions and crack jokes along the way. It's hit or miss, but generally good for something to watch when you have nothing else. I also love Folding Ideas - a film maker that talks about the technical and artistic skills of film making by looking at popular movies and picking apart what they do right and wrong.

There's also this massive playlist of Long Form Analysis videos, with various folks talking at length about music, movies, games, books, and just about anything.

On 6/24/2020 at 11:16 AM, ConsoleGamer said:

Angry Joe is a funny guy that always tells the truth, no matter how ugly it is. 

No, he was definitely paid by disney and he promoted mandalorian crap.

18 hours ago, potty_admiral_bop said:

No, he was definitely paid by disney and he promoted mandalorian crap.

Unfortunately, most of SW fans loved it. Even those who hate Disney in general.

I don't see the appeal.

I second LGR and Red Letter Media. Both amazing channels for their own reasons.

I have a channel CD-ROM Fossil but I'm basically the Dollar Tree version of LGR lol

If you like watching full playthroughs then Vinesauce Joel and Vinny are two great guys to watch. They stream on Twitch then release the full things on YouTube

If you like the idea of video essays, highly recommend Noah Caldwell-Gervais. He has some long long videos with him over analyzing games.

Another movie channel that's decent is Elvis The Alien. I'll throuh Fanboy Flicks in the mix too.

YouTube tells me I watch 14hrs a day so....if you want me to fire off more I can....cause I watch an ungodly amount lol.

But there are some I just tolerate because they cover stuff no one else does, so they might not be as appealing. An example is Stop Skeletons From Fighting or Matt Muscles

On 6/25/2020 at 9:14 AM, potty_admiral_bop said:

No, he was definitely paid by disney

Do you have any proof of this?

On 6/25/2020 at 9:14 AM, potty_admiral_bop said:

and he promoted mandalorian crap.

Oh no, someone likes a show and recommends it to others to watch, oh the horror. What will we ever do?

look, if you don't like something, cool, more power to you. Just don't shit all over it, or those who like it. You come off as a complete ass and/or a troll.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

If you're curious as to what caused a gaming company downfall, or a franchise, Youtuber Matt McMuscles has you covered. (Spoiler alert: It's mostly the publishers being shitheads).

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

From the stuff i got bookmarked and was not mentioned I think I could recommend these:
ChaosD1, UberDanger, The Act Man, Tehsnaker, Matthewmatosis, Skill Up, Insp. Magnum, Gggmanlives (reviews)
Pixelmusement (dos games)
DWTerminator (a bit opinionated but its good to hear very different viewpoint sometimes)
Super Bunnyhop, Strat-Edgy, Brownbear (reviews and more general talk about games)

Mr Btongue, Spoony Experiment (pretty much dead but have worthwhile stuff)
Whoisthisgit, Larry Bundy Jr (lists)
Lorerunner (thoughts on various games and shows)
Adam Millard (game concepts analysis)
Zaric Zhakaron (if you are into Elder Scrolls)

Not so sure but I'll mention just in case (I must have take a note of them for a reason): Dr. Jay, Matt Barton, RennsReviews, Overlord Gaming

When it comes to movies etc. I still visit: Anime Abandon, Channel Awsome, The Mysterious Mr Enter, Lost in Adaptation, Cinemassacre, Cinema Snob, Phelan Porteous, Bobsheaux, ralphthemoviemaker.

Hopefuly some of these will catch your interest.