Freeman Rejecting G-Man's Offer A Viable Option?

Then he wakes up on a train to City 17.

I would laugh my ass off so bad if for a second or two he thinks it was all a nightmare

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

remember episode 10.5...

maybe he will make 2 episodes, on for each choice?

remember episode 10.5...

If he gets there around april it is possible

remember episode 10.5...

That'd be pretty sweet. I thought 10.5 was pretty funny, if not because for once in the entire series Freeman actually fails. XD

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I was just wondering...when do you think Freeman will notice that the G-Man isn't just a normal guy? He saw him 4 times so far (or even more?) and at some point he should realize that its the same guy all the time. Especially because the G-Man seems to be the only person with a blue suit in Black Mesa.

As for the G-Man's offer:

What tnt90 said was my first thought, too.

I think Freeman could refuse the offer at first and fight the aliens for some time (Ross uses cheats at other points, why not there?). But after some time he could say something like:

"Argh fuck this, I don't wanna be in crazyland anymore... OK FUCKER I take your stupid job, just get me out of here!"

"Oh and just for the record: I WOULD win this battle, I just don't want to! I'm not even getting paid for killing all these aliens..."

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Fool me once: Shame on you. Fool me twice: EVERYONE DIES!!!

si·lence (noun): The sound people make, when everyone trying to kill you is dead.

I was just wondering...when do you think Freeman will notice that the G-Man isn't just a normal guy? He saw him 4 times so far (or even more?) and at some point he should realize that its the same guy all the time. Especially because the G-Man seems to be the only person with a blue suit in Black Mesa.

Freeman also have a blue suit...

Really? When you see Freeman in the tram in HL: Blue Shift he wears a white lab coat like all the other scientists. And the blue poncho in his locker doesn't belong to him.

Fool me once: Shame on you. Fool me twice: EVERYONE DIES!!!

si·lence (noun): The sound people make, when everyone trying to kill you is dead.

Really? When you see Freeman in the tram in HL: Blue Shift he wears a white lab coat like all the other scientists. And the blue poncho in his locker doesn't belong to him.

May i remind you that not everything Ross says is Canon to the HL story? Since the blue poncho is inside Freeman locker,most likely it belongs to Freeman

I always assumed that the poncho was issued by Black Mesa.

Afterall, it's the same poncho that everyone in the future run by Black Mesa's administrator, Dr. Breen, wears.

He just bumped the program up from Black Mesa to the world.

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

I always assumed that the poncho was issued by Black Mesa.

Afterall, it's the same poncho that everyone in the future run by Black Mesa's administrator, Dr. Breen, wears.

He just bumped the program up from Black Mesa to the world.

To quote Nostalgia Critic:

Of course!!!

Actually, what happens is that if he rejects the offer, Gman instantly teleports him, without weapons, to Xen on a section with a bunch of those bee-shooter guys.

We all know that...

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Actually, what happens is that if he rejects the offer, Gman instantly teleports him, without weapons, to Xen on a section with a bunch of those bee-shooter guys.

I'm talking about if he rejects anyway, GMan would leave Gordon there but then something would happen otherwise to where he wouldn't die, like GMan teleports him out before he dies, or Gordon rejects but accidentally leaves through the portal exit or something crazy like that. We all know canonically Gordon accepts and noncanonically he refuses and gets killed, but I'm talking about a third option that still lets him live but he doesn't necessarily has to accept as I still believe by the end of Half Life fans are still going to want more Freeman's Mind, and Ross is happy to oblige them.

I don't know what Ross will do but I can tell you one thing... All these speculations will give Ross a LOT of stuff to mull through and will surely give him some great ideas. That should hasten production time. He can take the best ideas of the forum and put them together in the way he sees fit and in doing so viewers can be proud and say "I thought of that idea!"

Ross is so smart. I wish i'd thought of that.

hmmm... maybe the forums are really just an 'idea farm' and we are his little piggies.

sneaky sneaky Ross.

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

"Does my beard intimidate you?"

I don't know what Ross will do but I can tell you one thing... All these speculations will give Ross a LOT of stuff to mull through and will surely give him some great ideas. That should hasten production time. He can take the best ideas of the forum and put them together in the way he sees fit and in doing so viewers can be proud and say "I thought of that idea!"

hmmm... maybe the forums are really just an 'idea farm' and we are his little piggies.

sneaky sneaky Ross.

You know, I wouldn't doubt it. He's said he's never gotten a shortage ideas. Actually from the way he said it, I'd almost say he has TOO many ideas. lol Like if he were to create all these ideas into new videos, everyone watching would die of old age before seeing them all finished. Of course Ross wouldn't die because he's a god. Gods can live forever and stuff man.

sneaky sneaky Ross.

You know, I wouldn't doubt it. He's said he's never gotten a shortage ideas. Actually from the way he said it, I'd almost say he has TOO many ideas. lol Like if he were to create all these ideas into new videos, everyone watching would die of old age before seeing them all finished. Of course Ross wouldn't die because he's a god. Gods can live forever and stuff man.

Hey, we all have ideas, we aren't making the videos thoguh because most of us suck at voice acting or video footage making. Also it would take time and responsibility as most of us are scared of those....evilish things..

As to put it simply, we are all like inventors, with ideas and everything, Ross is like Bill Gates, he actually does something with them, a developer Of course Bill Gates pretty much screwed all those inventors.... but Ross is a good deity filled with love

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."