What bothers me about a few episodes of Freeman's Mind

As for everything Freeman is carrying, I'm just going to ignore that. I'm trying to make the game seem less game-y and more realistic, but there are limits to what I can change.

I've never cared about the carrying thing honestly, it just felt harder to explain than someone using a pistol, so I pointed it out.

The glock thing is a total mistake that I feel like an idiot about. I have even less excuse since I've actually fired a glock .22 AND an MP5 at a range before (just one magazine for each) as part of a "student police academy" thing I did in college. The MP5 is an EXTREMELY smooth gun, I was amazed how little kick it had an how accurate it was. Unfortunately the game is different and makes the MP5 less accurate than the pistol, or it feels that way anyway.

I never bore any grudge against you, Ross. After all, you're using your own sweat and blood to provide up with Free (pun) entertainment. As long as I know you've read this thread, I'm satisfied.

As for the student academy thing, that sounds like fun! I hope we have something similar to that in Canada, although I sincerely doubt it.

As for everything Freeman is carrying, I'm just going to ignore that. I'm trying to make the game seem less game-y and more realistic, but there are limits to what I can change.

That's fine. My suspension of disbelief allows me to go that far.

Really, it's not that unexplainable....

Also, Ross you can throw of weapons you know... just use the cheats to get you into a level then get the weapons manually.... and say something like the weapons were getting to hard to carry.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Also, Ross you can throw of weapons you know... just use the cheats to get you into a level then get the weapons manually.... and say something like the weapons were getting to hard to carry.

But...but...Freeman isn't as funny without his shotgun and submachine gun.

I can see Freeman dying from exhaustion before he gives up his weapons.

I don't see how it was a problem about the weight of him carrying all his weapons. It is a game afterall, but his series is mean't to be entertainment with maintaining realism within the game engine.

I've always been thinking that the suit had servomotors to help the user lifting the suit itself and heavy weights, and the mp5 accuracy comes for balancing, if it had more than a glock, at higher rate of fire, and a realistic power (that would need no more than 3 shots to kill anything smaller than a human) it would make the game unplayable (remember all the marines have mp5, and shotguns which IRL can split an adult man in two from short distances)

I've always been thinking that the suit had servomotors to help the user lifting the suit itself and heavy weights, and the mp5 accuracy comes for balancing, if it had more than a glock, at higher rate of fire, and a realistic power (that would need no more than 3 shots to kill anything smaller than a human) it would make the game unplayable (remember all the marines have mp5, and shotguns which IRL can split an adult man in two from short distances)

Unplayable? I enjoy real-life first person shooter, just try SWAT 3. I never played 4 but try SWAT 3, it's amazingly fun gameplay. Counter Strike is also sort of realistic as I know the developers handled all the weapons before, I just wish you would fall down or limp after getting shot.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Counter Strike isn't that realistic, i mean, no professional Counter terrorist team goes around shooting from the waist truckloads of shots around, and no way you need a full mag in the chest of any man to get him dead, even with kelvar

I'm not talking about SWAT 'cause i haven't played it, but most games kill realism because if it was real you wouldn't have a chance agains a "pro" because a shot would render you unable to respond (if you get shot the pain would blind you for enough minutes to get you definitely killed, also if you get shot in a leg you won't be wandering around dragging your leg)

most games kill realism because if it was real you wouldn't have a chance agains a "pro" because a shot would render you unable to respond (if you get shot the pain would blind you for enough minutes to get you definitely killed0

You should try out BFBC2, you might like it...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Counter Strike isn't that realistic, i mean, no professional Counter terrorist team goes around shooting from the waist truckloads of shots around, and no way you need a full mag in the chest of any man to get him dead, even with kelvar

I'm not talking about SWAT 'cause i haven't played it, but most games kill realism because if it was real you wouldn't have a chance agains a "pro" because a shot would render you unable to respond (if you get shot the pain would blind you for enough minutes to get you definitely killed, also if you get shot in a leg you won't be wandering around dragging your leg)

The proffesional part - yes it's not realistic, but the action is very realistic except the limpage as I said.

Swat is probably the most realistic game there, you even try to get the terrorists to give up by shouting instead of killing them. It's also a very intense game and you actually feel the pressure of being a cop. When you shoot people they lie around on the ground, still trying to get up. You should try the third SWAt if you are not a graphics hog as it is a bit old now. SWAT 4 I haven't tried but I heard it didn't get as good reviews as the third one.

But of Counter-Strike and a full mag:

What the hell are you talking about, you need 3 bullets to the chest, of sub or machine gun bullets in general to kill someone. 2 from an Ak with the first one leaving 17 hp.

The only weapon that is underrrated is the scout, either that or you should make the person limp pretty badly.

And the bullets shouldn't kill you instantly.

5-6 with pistols.

Realistic games would be very fun for me to play to be honest, I mean, I sort of want to experience the real challenge of a cop/soldier and develop real tactics not, "oK I will just run in the open if I have less then 20 hp I run back".....

EDIT: It depends where you get shot in the legg and with what bullets. If you get shot with an ak in the legg..... It's worse then getting shot in the head let's just say.

THe blackout part, that's why morphine/medics/medpatches are there.

The Magazine thing: Well i'm not talking about actual hits, but the whole shots you need to get 3 in someones chest (accuracy is badly nerfed)

About the blackout, while you're right, I think your last priority is injecting yourself morphine if you are still under enemy fire, but if there where medics to heal people in CS that would be cool

I've been playing Half-Life: Source, and with a few weapon damage modifications (a la Freeman's Mind) I can see why he uses the pistol

accurate, and powerful

TONS of ammo just...lying around

the only thing that annoys me is that he didn't get the shotgun until "We've Got Hostiles!"

And so far he hasn't used the Magnum even once.

No offense, but the default Magnum is hideous...and BLUE slow firing and hard to use without the crosshair

He didn't even get the magnum, I remember he just ignored it.

The Magazine thing: Well i'm not talking about actual hits, but the whole shots you need to get 3 in someones chest (accuracy is badly nerfed)

I think you are just way to inexpirienced to realistic firing. Half-life is not realistic firing

I usually kill people with 2-5 shots fired unless I'm firing through the wall.

You don't spray around like in the movies, watch a documentary on the afghanistan war, generally you either shoot by one, by 2, by 3 or spray depending on weapon and distance.

The mp5 is the only weapon you can safely spray at any distance, it's very accurate and has low kickbacks even when running. Try it out, just aim for the head and run around and shoot.

The glock thing is a total mistake that I feel like an idiot about. I have even less excuse since I've actually fired a glock .22 AND an MP5 at a range before (just one magazine for each) as part of a "student police academy" thing I did in college. The MP5 is an EXTREMELY smooth gun, I was amazed how little kick it had an how accurate it was. Unfortunately the game is different and makes the MP5 less accurate than the pistol, or it feels that way anyway.

I'm actually intentionally trying to tone down my aim to make Freeman less of a good shot than I normally am from FPSs to make it a tad more believable. Sometimes I forget however.

Arent there console-codes to edit every property of a gun OR a source code where everything is programmed???

Besides if there are mods for real AIM thing in hl2 maybe there are some for hl:S

He didn't even get the magnum, I remember he just ignored it.

Wrong, watch the episode again... He took it as punishment... Quote: "I'm taking your gun, you don't deserve it."

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

the only thing that annoys me is that he didn't get the shotgun until "We've Got Hostiles!"

Remember 10.5? You know why he missed that jump? It's because the shotgun was weighing him down.