ROSS'S GAME DUNGEON: CLANS

By the way, I forgot to mention—when you brought up the multiple times the "hero" does something cruel to an NPC in order to progress, I was reminded of the game Limbo of the Lost. It's a point-and-click adventure game from 2008 that looks more like it was made in 1994, and several times you end up doing horrible things to innocent people—sometimes leaving them horribly and, as far as we can tell, permanently disfigured—because that was the developer's idea of a joke. And every time he just shrugs it off. What makes it doubly jarring is that your character isn't otherwise portrayed as a remorseless bastard; he's just a put-upon everyman who's a little more jaded than he ought to be.

And on that note, Limbo of the Lost seems like it would be yet another great candidate for a Game Dungeon episode. I'm not going to spoil anything else about it. It really is the kind of thing you have to experience for yourself.

27 minutes ago, Steve the Pocket said:

(...)

And on that note, Limbo of the Lost seems like it would be yet another great candidate for a Game Dungeon episode. I'm not going to spoil anything else about it. It really is the kind of thing you have to experience for yourself.

As much as I really want to see Ross cover it, I still think it would be really hard for him to top Mandalore's video:

18 hours ago, Kaiosama TLJ said:

As much as I really want to see Ross cover it, I still think it would be really hard for him to top Mandalore's video

Man, thanks so much for the link. I laughed so hard my sides hurt.

Come the full moon, the bat flies whose boiling blood shall stem the tide.

On 10/28/2020 at 6:02 AM, kerdios said:

the original bard's tale is like that

Also I think it was Ross who mentioned in one of his early videos that the thing with the chest requiring 3 clicks and stuff like that was the publisher's attempt at getting players to phone in to the helpline and drop cash on hint books

Bard's Tale! That was the game I was trying to think of.

On 11/1/2020 at 4:16 AM, RaTcHeT302 said:

i honestly find mandalore's videos to be, really dry and just... really boring, like i can watch an hour long accursed farms video if the premise is interesting enough but man, an hour long mandalore video is a CHORE, i checked out the last video he uploaded and i'm BORED OUT OF MY MIND

idk that dude's videos are not replayable at all, i can only watch them once, if i can somehow manage to get past the first 2 minutes, but again it's all really dry and there's no emotion, it feels like i'm watching just another robot reading a script, and the videos don't exactly have anything special to really grab me personally, so i'm just not entertained for the most part

i'm glad that he's popular i guess but, i really don't enjoy his content at all, it just feels tedious to watch for the most part

plus limbo of the lost is just that, a shitty game, it doesn't have any redeeming qualities, the only thing it has going on, is that it sucks balls, that's... not very interesting, at least to me - like i know the game sucks already, bring in something else to the madness, otherwise i just won't give a damn, like, okay the game is... wacky i guess, whatever, i dunno, it just doesn't do it for me, it feels unsatisfying to watch

but eh, i don't want to suffer for a whole hour with a shitty game, that's just torture man - at least spice up, but if it's just, "guy talking over gameplay footage", i get bored really quickly, and there are a few accursed farms videos which i actually hate since they are in this style, like that 2D futuristic game, where it just feels like a lame playthrough, i think that's one of the weakest videos by far

i think limbo of the lost isn't worth covering in the first place, to me it's like covering up that shitty truck racing driver game, over and oever again, like okay we get it, you can drive backwards, they sold it in stores, WAAAOOHOOUHH

ehh

i think there's a difference between, bad game with potential, and just... plain shit

"Futuristic 2D Game". Do you mean the Tyrion vid? I have disagree with you on that, I personally find that was one of Ross's best.

2 hours ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

black something i don't know, some 2d maze like game with guns

Black 88 or something like that. That ep wasn't one of my favs either. I still liked it, but there's better episodes for sure.

Edited by xawesomecorex
afterthought (see edit history)

On 4/25/2023 at 4:44 PM, Mopey bloke said:

It's amazing how you insist on playing dwarves even though they suck often.

As a friend of mine once said, "If dwarves in a game is a bad race, then the GAME is wrong."

Come the full moon, the bat flies whose boiling blood shall stem the tide.