General Russian politics thread

Sign in to follow this  

Title: Putin's palace. History of world's largest bribe

Burn the World!

Can Russia risk another change without become weaker overall?

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

1 hour ago, Im_CIA said:

Can Russia risk existing?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

The West hollowed out Russia after each revolution. Sometimes literally.

5 hours ago, Im_CIA said:

Change is inevitable, only thing that you can hope for as a citizen, is that the change will set you on a path of more economical security and personal freedoms and will do so for everyone and not just a select minority. And if you want to affect the direction of the change you need to be active politically.

Also, as far as I know, russia was the one who hollowed out the other countries in the soviet block and not the west. (Also the axis powers in WW2, but that's not during a revolution).

Burn the World!

2 hours ago, kerdios said:

Change is inevitable, only thing that you can hope for as a citizen, is that the change will set you on a path of more economical security and personal freedoms and will do so for everyone and not just a select minority. And if you want to affect the direction of the change you need to be active politically.

Also, as far as I know, russia was the one who hollowed out the other countries in the soviet block and not the west. (Also the axis powers in WW2, but that's not during a revolution).

It was either that or accept the Marshall plan and bend the knee to America... Although it probably just delayed the inevitable: collapse of the Soviet Union

Isn't russia a failed state, that tops the charts from every bad metric like revenue inequality, suicides, migrants while holding the bottom sides in every good metric?

Fucking dictators.

This reminds me, I just heard that the russian gov is planning to ban all outgoing flights to prevent "undue influence" from getting in.

Burn the World!

On 5/18/2021 at 10:51 PM, potty_admiral_bop said:

Isn't russia a failed state, that tops the charts from every bad metric like revenue inequality, suicides, migrants while holding the bottom sides in every good metric?

Fucking dictators.

Pretty much is. There is a debate of course, if modern Russian Federation created after fall of SU just by itself can not hold itself in present form, or that former KGB officers who get back to power in 2000 did everything to fail it. Never the less, we are now going into constantly worse and worse times and there are not much hope.

As bad as modern Russia is, it's still WAY better than China is or the USSR was. At least they aren't systematically exterminating "undesirable" ethnicities and religions again yet. (the USSR did both multiple times, and China is actively doing both now)

13 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

As bad as modern Russia is, it's still WAY better than China is or the USSR was. At least they aren't systematically exterminating "undesirable" ethnicities and religions again yet. (the USSR did both multiple times, and China is actively doing both now)

What about the gov treatment of LGBetc.. communities?

Burn the World!

On 5/21/2021 at 4:50 AM, kerdios said:

What about the gov treatment of LGBetc.. communities?

Not nearly as many of them as there are ethnic groups that are being abused, at least according to the most liberal of estimates.

On 5/21/2021 at 12:29 AM, BTGBullseye said:

Well, it depends on USSR in what times and on what things we see for better or for worse. Current Russian politics slowely making it not into like China, but just your generic third world banana republic just with this soviet flavor.

Sign in to follow this  

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.