Subtitles News Announcement

Greetings, everyone!

I would like to take this time to announce that I now have access to add and edit subtitles on Ross's videos.  You may have noticed that Freeman's Mind 2: Episodes 14 and 15 now have my English subtitles.  These were added by me, taking the burden off Ross and Magda.

As such, going forward, I will be adding the subtitles I work on (Freeman's Mind, etc) directly after I finish making them.  This will be the case until YouTube decides to change something again and my access disappears for some strange reason.  Regardless!  Until such time, I'll be the one to add and even edit the subtitles on the official videos.

In the coming days, I will piece together what all is missing, even non-English language subtitles, and work to add them to the videos.

Ross will be making an announcement about this in the next video chat, but continue to add subtitles that y'all work on directly to the forums and I'll grab them when I have time and add them to the videos.

Soon, everything should be as up to date as much as possible.

Thank you all!

--That stinkin' bilge rat, danielsangeo

P.S. If you have any errors in pre-existing subtitles you want me fix, post them here to this thread and I'll fix them where appropriate.   Thanks again!

Awesome news! Great to see the new subtitles up.

Question: by pre-existing subtitles, do you mean the ones already published on videos?

Hey, man. It's good to know that you have control of subtitles now. I've been doing the Spanish translations and now that you're gonna upload them, I'll revisit them to see if I missed something and make their "definitive versions" xD. Greetings from Argentina and keep up with your excellent work! Your timelapses are our salvation haha

Edited by GonzaloSteinmeyer (see edit history)

On 11/4/2021 at 7:56 AM, Randrye said:

Question: by pre-existing subtitles, do you mean the ones already published on videos?

Yes.  If you see an error on subtitles in any of Ross's videos, let me know here.  Please note that I only speak English so errors in non-English languages should probably be confirmed with native (or fluent) speakers of those languages.  Thank you!

On 11/5/2021 at 1:41 PM, GonzaloSteinmeyer said:

Hey, man. It's good to know that you have control of subtitles now. I've been doing the Spanish translations and now that you're gonna upload them, I'll revisit them to see if I missed something and make their "definitive versions" xD. Greetings from Argentina and keep up with your excellent work! Your timelapses are our salvation haha

Thank you!   Go ahead and add Spanish subtitles to the Spanish subtitles section.  :D

On 11/8/2021 at 10:32 AM, danielsangeo said:

Yes.  If you see an error on subtitles in any of Ross's videos, let me know here.  Please note that I only speak English so errors in non-English languages should probably be confirmed with native (or fluent) speakers of those languages.  Thank you!

Thanks for clarifying. I can only think of one; the subtitle for Deus Ex - Human Revolution at 20:19 reads

"Warriors have weeks to go over decisions we have seconds to make."

I believe it should read:

"Lawyers have weeks to go over decisions we have seconds to make."

On 11/2/2021 at 6:58 AM, danielsangeo said:

In the coming days, I will piece together what all is missing, even non-English language subtitles, and work to add them to the videos.

Soon, everything should be as up to date as much as possible.

Is there any update on this? The last uploaded subtitle (not counting your own) was more than 9 months ago.

Come the full moon, the bat flies whose boiling blood shall stem the tide.