Videochat postponed

Sign in to follow this  

I'm postponing the next videochat until I have a new video out.  It's bugging too much that there hasn't been one yet.  I've had 2 videos voiced and recorded for weeks (semi-done), but I haven't finished them off, since I've transitioned to getting more help.  This means I can work on more things, but individually, the videos go slower, since I can't push other people crunch-mode style the way I can push myself.

In the past, I would have just said hell with it and gone and done everything myself, but that mentality is probably what's led me to falling behind so much over the years, because it takes time away from the other videos.  I'm having to fight all my instincts to NOT do that.

I know it really doesn't seem like it, but I think this is going to lead to more videos in the long term.  As an update, here's what's happening:

Freeman's Mind 2 Ep. 17 - Voiced and recorded for weeks, waiting on sound effects
Next Ross's Game Dungeon -  Voiced and recorded, partially edited, waiting on audio / video help, one person may or may not be sick
Side Video #1 - Still a lot to do, this one is ambitious, been approaching it slowly
Side Video #2 - Was getting bottlenecked because of me, hope to un-jam soon, a lot has been done already
Freeman's Mind 2 Ep. 18 - footage recorded, started doing dialogue
Next Next Ross's Game Dungeon - Started on some footage and preliminary work, will probably finish up more stuff before I do more on this.

This is driving me a little crazy (not the people helping me, just it being SO LONG since I've had a new video), since if I was doing everything myself, I'm pretty sure I would have 2 new videos by now, but NOTHING done ahead of them.  So I'm trying to be smart about this.  My instincts are not to be smart about this.

Sorry about all the delays, this will get resolved one way or another.

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

I will post The Admiral in every article thread until things begin to make sense.

unknown-15.png

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

Thank you for the update! A bunch of youtubers I follow take their time with videos, you aren't an exception there - always happy to support quality over quantity.

Consider staggering the videos if they are ready at once - a video every 2-3 weeks would be plenty and you won't have to worry and guesstimate (at least for a bit).

Thanks for keeping us updated Ross, looking forward to the videos and I'm happy to see you're getting extra help. While it's true that it's been a long time (perhaps the longest ever) since the last video, I know you're all about quality over quantity, so I think I can speak for the majority of viewers when I say I'm not worried in the least about the uploading schedule.

Don't worry Comrades, we're slowly advancing in Ross's general direction, and soon videos will be plentiful if a bit bruised.

I think this is a smart move. Even if it somehow doesn't end up panning out, it's smart to try. Thanks for the update.

On 5/1/2022 at 11:20 AM, Im_CIA said:

I will post The Admiral in every article thread until things begin to make sense.

Honestly, it seems like things are beginning to make sense.

More later.

This definitely seems like a better idea of how to approach your production pipeline. Thank you for the update, it means a lot.

I would rather you take the time and put together a well made video that I will watch 30 times instead of some filler video that I will watch once.

Glad to have an update. Sorry if the delays are bugging you, but I hope you know the we're happy to wait a while for new content if it means things go okay on your end. Don't wear yourself out for our benefit.

On 5/3/2022 at 2:04 AM, Shaddy said:

I watched the intro to the vid in your signature. If you are indeed a professional, I challenge you to test your mettle. 

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

Right on, Ross. Looks like you're in the barrel for now xD
But seriously, this looks like a hard but needed transition.

On 5/1/2022 at 6:20 PM, Im_CIA said:

Who knew admiral-posting was the way to enlightenment all along? Past philosophers just didn't have access to the right technology.

Whenever you can get videos out at a more reasonable pace (regulating crunch time to allow videos to finish smoothly), I think you should either start doing hour-long weekly updates/questionnaires, or 2 hours every two weeks.  I know these 3-4h discussions are getting very lengthy, and if you haven’t out videos, it just sort of makes you feel more ashamed for a solid several hours with your fans.  Just an idea Ross.  Take your time, we’re waiting with bated breath. ❤️