Favorite Areas/Levels thread

Sign in to follow this  

I was inspired to make this thread After playing the Arcane Dimensione ecpansions for Quake and dall'ing in love with the maps Grendel's Blade and Tears of the False God. The First has a wonderful verticality and Is beautifully spin around the eponimous guanti sword, which Is simultaneusluly it's center, a platform to reach it's end, and a tracer for which secrets have been found. The latter Is expansive and interconnected, plus It has permanente upgrade which give It a Metroid-like progression, even in It's smaller scale; and also It has the best implementati in of secrets of any Boomer Shooter I've played

The Rollercoaster ride in myst 3 has a special place in my heart

Burn the World!

lab x-18 from stalker: shadow of chernobyl is high up there for me

I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days... What were you in your former life?

I always liked Omega from Mass Effect. I have a soft spot for industrial future noir

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

On 5/8/2022 at 11:29 PM, grayling said:

lab x-18 from stalker: shadow of chernobyl is high up there for me

That's really great too, but I prefer the open Arras, like the Red Forest

On 5/10/2022 at 2:46 AM, StrixLiterata said:

That's really great too, but I prefer the open Arras, like the Red Forest

it's a bit of a pain to play through in both games, but it looks pretty nice in clear sky. it's hard to fully enjoy shadow of chernobyl's red forest when you're trying to avoid getting sniped by SVD-toting monolith stalkers, along with the visual effect from the brain scorcher. still though, cool area

I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days... What were you in your former life?

Siofra River in Elden Ring really managed to "wow" me, it was the point I realized both A. how insanely much content they crammed into the game, and B. how far it was willing to depart from Dark Souls thematically.

A lot of people hate the Meat Circus from Psychonauts for its difficulty, but I think the music and theme of the level being a big gross weird circus made out of nightmares is the perfect final level setting for such a unique game. I honestly felt kind of disappointed that Psychonauts 2's climax didn't manage to hit the same high. Fatherland Follies only really gets surreal or crazy for a few seconds.

Sonic 06 fucking sucks, but the final part of Kingdom Valley would actually be genuinely breathtaking in a good game. I guess ChaosX's Remaster Project does okay?

On 5/12/2022 at 7:20 PM, Shaddy said:

Siofra River in Elden Ring really managed to "wow" me, it was the point I realized both A. how insanely much content they crammed into the game, and B. how far it was willing to depart from Dark Souls thematically.

More like "Smell*den Ring

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"