ROSS'S GAME DUNGEON: TRICKSTYLE

Trickstyle!  This ended up taking me MUCH longer than I anticipated, but as you'll see, it has some bonuses in it that help make it worth it.  I also ran into editing errors AGAIN using completely different codecs this time.  I really need to figure out what the hell is going on and whether to blame Bandicam, Handbrake, Premiere, or everyone.

This is the 3rd "countdown" video out of 9 or 10, after which I'm going to go all-in on the movie for a while.

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

On 11/8/2022 at 11:03 AM, Ross Scott said:

This ended up taking me MUCH longer than I anticipated.

I trusted Ross, this betrayl combined with my Asspergers is just making me lose all hope.

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

I can recomend sonic riders. It actually has requred tricks (sort of), actual AIR mechanics where air is your FUEL and Sonic Riders 1 has AWESOME 2d intro made by some professional anime studio. Really nice game, I think you'll find it interesting.

https://youtu.be/3dYgTNOjsI8

breddy gool and radical episode

I'm pretty surprised at how similar the racing gameplay is to some anti-grav racers. Maybe this similarity is why hoverboard racing games never took off. 

On 11/8/2022 at 9:55 PM, ultrayoba said:

Your previous avatar was better :/

Come the full moon, the bat flies whose boiling blood shall stem the tide.

On 11/8/2022 at 11:00 PM, ScumCoder said:

Your previous avatar was better :/

Am I that ugly? Well, maybe will draw something different later

On 11/8/2022 at 3:52 PM, ultrayoba said:

Am I that ugly? Well, maybe will draw something different later

I may have seen this pfp lurking on thr discord server

On 11/9/2022 at 12:34 AM, Im_CIA said:

I may have seen this pfp lurking on thr discord server

I'm in but not post or even look much on the discord server. But, ehh, this is off topic.

On 11/8/2022 at 4:48 PM, ultrayoba said:

I'm in but not post or even look much on the discord server. But, ehh, this is off topic.

In that case...

Jak 2-3 hover(jet)board, anyone?

Not even too much of hassle to run through pxsx2

maxresdefault (5).jpg

On 11/9/2022 at 2:59 AM, Im_CIA said:

In that case...

Jak 2-3 hover(jet)board, anyone?

Not even too much of hassle to run through pxsx2

maxresdefault (5).jpg

Jak games IIRC close engine to Ratchet and Clank so probably similar, but polished a bit more. Need to try, I never get past Jak 1 yet in this series sadly.

glad you were able to get that compression stuff sorted out, seemed like it was driving you mad. good video!

Fuck, man. Everything. I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.

made an account here just to say how much this reminded me of the Jet Moto series, especially jet moto 3. Its a hoverbike racer for the ps1 and its a lot quicker pace but theres similar themes as well, including a stunt mode and a floating final level

This game was kinda like jet set radio and although not a hover-board its like hover shoes i think. maybe you know about it already. its called Hover i cant remember a lot about it but i do remember having fun with it for a couple of days.

hover.jpg

hover 2.jpg

hover 1.jpg

hover3.jpg

Good episode, Ross. I have Trickstyle on an old physical copy in addition to digital (I think), so the EXE replacement might be great (I'll have to figure out WINE and possibly DGVoodoo, though).

I'm legit surprised there seem to be few hoverboarding games, I thought it'd be a more common sub-genre since it seems like such a slam dunk. Could just be that people need to warm up to skateboarding games again (which a game like this kind of is, from a fundamental perspective), plus also the slow-burning desire to return to the Y2K aesthetic. It could also be that people would rather play a Wipeout-type game than this, but it's hard to say.

Ok so I usually save and download all of RGD every time a new one comes out, but I can never get Phantasmagoria 2 to download. EVER. Has anyone had this problem? The only one I can’t frickin save. I use ‘Documents’ on IOS. I’ve used many sites and all of them say the url is non existent. Ik I’m not doing anything wrong? I’ve done its 83 other times. Help anyone?

@Ross Scott oh, I almost forgot: since you were going through the list of games with hoverboards, I feel a bit frustrated that you didn't mention Unreal Tournament 3. Maybe this game wasn't a big hit, but it definitely was a bigger one than a lot of games that you did mention.

Come the full moon, the bat flies whose boiling blood shall stem the tide.

On 11/8/2022 at 10:55 AM, ultrayoba said:

I can recomend sonic riders. It actually has requred tricks (sort of), actual AIR mechanics where air is your FUEL and Sonic Riders 1 has AWESOME 2d intro made by some professional anime studio. Really nice game, I think you'll find it interesting.

https://youtu.be/3dYgTNOjsI8

That'd be production IG, known for Ghost in the Shell, Psycho Pass, assistance on End of Evangelion, and...other stuff, probably. I know they did the shit FLCL sequels, but that's not exactly a big seller.

Riders 1 has actually gained a cult following in the last few years, with a lot of competitive and online mods released for the gamecube version, and the PC version just recently got an online mode. That said, it has a lot of obscure mechanics and weird shit to keep track of such that it's not the most accessible, and it's a pretty difficult game even if you do!

Zero Gravity has also got a bunch of the Riders 1 mechanics modded back into it since I think they wanted to simplify the game, and it's pretty close to the perfect medium (plus, Un-Gravitify is one of the best vocal themes in the entire series. It's so good, you guys).