1. 1. Your favourite TES game

• The Elder Scrolls I - Arena
    • The Elder Scrolls II - Daggerfall
    • The Elder Scrolls III - Morrowind
    • The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion
    • The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim

Sign in to follow this  

The Elder Scrolls series-

One of the greatest series in gaming history, The Elder Scrolls series is known for its sheer size and depth. These are games that you could lose yourself in, spending hours exploring a fantasy world, traveling for miles, or just looking for cool items such as rare plants or hidden treasure.

However, I do know that there is a lot of debate regarding the very best Elder Scrolls so I'd like to hear Accursed Farms opinion on this matter.My personal favourite has to be Oblivion, I absolutely loved that game ( it was my first TES game ) because of the sheer amount of amazing content that it was full of and the immersion that it gave me within the game.

-EDIT- So it seems that this topic has been revived after months of being very, very dead. I've added Skyrim to the polls which has sadly removed all the votes from users that haven't been on this site for months.

Anyway, my new fave in the TES series has to be Skyrim. It took all the things I loved from Morrowind and all the things I loved in Oblivion and combined them into a glorious game that is sure to hold my attention for a long time.

My list of best games in the TES series is as follows-

-Skyrim

-Oblivion

-Daggerfall

-Morrowind

-Arena

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Where's Fallout 3 on that list? :derp:

But for cereal here, I haven't played this series before, so I'm wondering...

I loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but I'm not much of a fantasy person.

Would I enjoy this series?

And if so, which would be a good starting point?

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

As much as I love morrowind, I am quite confident that it is going to lose this poll. Not because I admit it's an inferior game, just that they're both great to the point that the only things that really matter are personal preference. And I predict that the vein of gamers that comes around here is more inclined towards Oblivion. To be honest, I don't expect morrowind to be very popular here (as in how many people would have played it). Much less daggerfall and arena will only get joke votes. Oblivion will win.

Where's Fallout 3 on that list? :derp:

But for cereal here, I haven't played this series before, so I'm wondering...

I loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but I'm not much of a fantasy person.

Would I enjoy this series?

And if so, which would be a good starting point?

If you enjoyed those two, start with oblivion (be sure to get the shivering isles expansion as it has a far more interesting story line). Once you get bored with oblivion, I would suggest going back and trying Morrowind. My advice would be that if you do not enjoy it at first, stick with it, it's more fun when you understand the game more. If you've played for a good couple hours and still don't like it, put it down. It's not for everyone.

sorry for the double post

The Elder Scrolls III - Morrowind all the way. I can't imagine my gamer life without this game.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I've only ever played Oblivion, so I didn't vote, but I did love Oblivion. It had that perfect setup that kept you playing a LONG time, which is lots of unique quests. There were like what, a hundred quest lines?

Anyway, from what I know, Morrowind is way bigger than Oblivion (scale wise), so I can see how exploring such a vast area would give people fond memories.

I've only ever played Oblivion, so I didn't vote, but I did love Oblivion. It had that perfect setup that kept you playing a LONG time, which is lots of unique quests. There were like what, a hundred quest lines?

Anyway, from what I know, Morrowind is way bigger than Oblivion (scale wise), so I can see how exploring such a vast area would give people fond memories.

Oblivion is actually larger than Morrowind (about 30% so), but Morrowind FEELS larger because of the fog, mountains and quick changes in terrain.

Who else remembers that awesome quest where you got to go inside the painting, or that other one where you entered some guys dreams to wake him up. Thos were the sort of quests that made me keep playing.

The stuff like Hackdirt, the invisible village, becoming a amateur detective to find an art thief and the uber-epic pwnage Dark Brotherhood missions were another few memorable ones.

ES3 was the better game as far as gameplay and storyline IMO. Had a few issues with ranged weapon & spell aiming though. Quests and some enemies were too easy to beat, as was the main storyline. (I could beat it with a level 12 thief)

ES4 had better GFX, better voice acting, and more to do. Didn't like the fast travel for it though, lacked the realism that ES3 had in it's travel system. Quests were significantly easier than ES3, not what I was hoping for.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

ES3 was the better game as far as gameplay and storyline IMO. Had a few issues with ranged weapon & spell aiming though. Quests and some enemies were too easy to beat, as was the main storyline. (I could beat it with a level 12 thief)

ES4 had better GFX, better voice acting, and more to do. Didn't like the fast travel for it though, lacked the realism that ES3 had in it's travel system. Quests were significantly easier than ES3, not what I was hoping for.

Well, I'm not sure I would say morrowind's shining feature is its gameplay, but the storyline is vastly superior, and the main storyline is more of a story rather than "in order to advance you must level up" (except for the very beginning). If you ever want to see how quickly someone can beat the game, check out the morrowind speed run here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1IRxTN-_kU

7:30

As for oblivion having better voice acting, more isn't always better if you're getting the same 12 people to do thousands of lines of text. I enjoy the gravely dark elves better. I agree about fast travel.

One more thing, TES3 Morrowind is propably the game I spent most time playing. And the best thing is everytime I play I discover something new.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

The poll says "The better game- Morrowind or Oblivion" yet includes Arena and Daggerfall!?

Anyway, I actually own Morrowind on Steam but have never played it. I have played Oblivion though...

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Okay people, I will explain why I chose Oblivion over Morrowind. I'm sure you all already know why, but let me tell you my personal opinions...Morrowind is hideous.No it is not because the graphics are of lower quality, nor is it because one is longer or cooler than the other. Now before you ask why I think it's ugly it is not because I hate it, but more that it is clunky and blocky.

Morrowind was the first game like this that actually adapted to everyone's play style of the series, and it sold Alot of copies in its first weeks.Oblivion on the other hand was better and it was smoother, note this was because Bethesda had time to develop certain features, and yet they skipped out on some things. Take Werewolves for example...they were in Morrowind and not in Oblivion what's up with that? Oblivion did in fact sell more copies in its first weeks out.Oblivion is a classic for any new player while Morrowind is more for people who want to play the old stuff. My vote's for Oblivion and it always will be.

Ps. Don't fucking hate on me if you disagree, instead of calling me names and stuff like that please...make a decent argument against me and we can talk like civilized people.

-Very7684

This is the end of the line, and I'll rip you apart for what's inside.

Compensating wealth for what's more and more worthlessness.

The end of fear, the end of your life, I'll kill you right now, fucking die.