I hate Games for Windows LIVE

Sign in to follow this  

I have GTA IV and Red Faction Guerilla on my laptop. Both of them are paid for. As some of you may know, GFWL is needed to save progress and play online in those games. All of the sudden GFWL decided to not let me log in for no apparent reason. WHAT THE "#¤%&/(). I had the account profile on "log me in automatically" setting so I can rule out human error. I tried to log in on the Live homepage, but still, no dice. Though MSN works fine.

Why, Microsoft, why? I was a good consumer, was I not? I could've just thought F it and get both games from TPB, but no, I paid full price for those overpriced games and now you just F me in the A?

Hate GFWL too?

Join the Windows Live hate club/thread!

Haha! I knew I was not the only one.

BTW mine stopped working about a year after I had registered. Coincidence?

Is there anyone who doesn't hate GfWL? Except publishers that is. They are unbelievably stubborn to choose this giant pile of shit over something actually decent like Steam.

For some reason the 'Log me in Automatically' box is greyed out for GTA IV. I've no idea why, I've been meaning to look in to it but haven't got around to it. I also repeatedly get the impression that GFWL in-game is not designed to be navigated with a mouse, but rather a keyboard or a controller.

With regards to the logging in thing, have you both checked whether it's up to date? If you can manually update it that might be worth trying.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I can't edit my profile anymore for some reason.

Try logging in to your account in your web browser and doing it that way?

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

The only problems I've noticed lately is logging in took A LONG time when I wanted to play some Batman Arkham Asylum.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

I don't think I've ever used GFWL. But it's made by Microsoft and it's not Windows XP or 7 so it must be terrible. You know what they say: "The day that Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner."

Tried playing BioShock 2 but GFWL made that impossible. I hate that thing so much, whoever made it is a sadist in every sense of the word.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

I don't think I've ever used GFWL. But it's made by Microsoft and it's not Windows XP or 7 so it must be terrible. You know what they say: "The day that Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner."

You mean something like this?

[attachment=0]usb-vacuum-cleaner.jpg[/attachment]

The worst thing about Microsoft (And a lot of big name publishers and developers.) is that they are unable to comprehend the concept of interaction with other people. Players have a lot of feedback and bug reports for every single games but not only is there no sign of anyone listening but the game is left completely unpatched (I am looking at you, Dead Space.) and the many mistakes are repeated in the sequels.

Microsoft could actually make GfWL not suck more than a vacuum cleaner by actually LISTENING TO THE USERS.