Islam

Jainism

Judaism

Shinto

Sikhism

Taoism

What are your beliefs?

Are you willing to stand up for them?

Are you extreme or just partial with your beliefs?

Are you proud of your religion?

Leave a reply and please share if you want to.

I see no need to have an emotional investment of any kind in surviving death or being ruled over by an invisible wizard who has nothing better to do than punish me for all eternity if I put my penis in the wrong place.

None of the above.

Atheist.

I am also atheist I could not add it to the list due to it being full.

What are your beliefs?

First Church of STFU.

I just did.

I'm not extreme, I'm X-treme.

More than you are.

Sharing violates the First Rule of STFU Church.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

What are your beliefs?

First Church of STFU.

I just did.

I'm not extreme, I'm X-treme.

More than you are.

Sharing violates the First Rule of STFU Church.

Ha very funny, I was trying to be serious, but anyways nice joke.

I would join the Church of STFU But im in the Church of GTFO

I see this turning into another Atheism vs. Christianity thread, let's not do that.

Anyway, atheist.

What are your beliefs?

Something similar to buddhism I guess.

No, there is no point to it since I probably will never know 'the truth' anyway.

I'm just a hypocrite like everyone else too, so I guess partial?

No, it is kinda hard to be proud of anything in this world to begin with.

I'm not primarily an atheist, but since existence is an absolute and the only thing that exists and that I accept is reality, I reject all claims of the supernatural. All arguments for a divine creator use incorrect metaphysics and imply that there is something beyond reality; to do this, you need to abolish reason.

I respect that people have believe in false metaphysics, but I don't have to like it; nor do I have to hold them all as equally credible as legitimate theories.

What joke?

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

I'm officially an atheist by creed, but I go to a Unitarian Universalist church. Unitarian Universalism is more of a philosophy than a religion. Basically the idea is to freely explore for yourself, and be good to others. There are people who go to my church who are, by creed muslim, jewish, ect.

What joke?

The STFU Church. Now if im correct you are refering to the Phrase "Shut The F*** Up"

Now If that is a real church called STFU then I am sorry. I guess.

I see no need to have an emotional investment of any kind in surviving death or being ruled over by an invisible wizard who has nothing better to do than punish me for all eternity if I put my penis in the wrong place.

I believe in a cool guy who wants to be my friend, not some form of sadistic wizard. Such a summarization I think is a demented caricature (at best), not an interpretation.

I'm officially an atheist by creed, but I go to a Unitarian Universalist church. Unitarian Universalism is more of a philosophy than a religion. Basically the idea is to freely explore for yourself, and be good to others. There are people who go to my church who are, by creed muslim, jewish, ect.

Define "Good".

Either there is some kind of definition or absolution from which both and good and bad are tared and calibrated from, or Good and Evil are personal ideals, which vary from person to person. A single person's ideals cannot be a universal absolute.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Doublepost.

cursesfoiledagain.gif

Define "Good".

The golden rule.

Which itself was stated by Jesus Christ. When he said it, it was about the first time anyone had every been directly taught to think that way. Thus the continuation of being "Good" whilst not believing in God, also requires inheriting a statute of Christianity. Interesting.

I see this turning into another Atheism vs. Christianity thread, let's not do that.

Anyway, atheist.

Oh ba you're right.

Define "Good".

The golden rule.

Which itself was stated by Jesus Christ. When he said it, it was about the first time anyone had every been directly taught to think that way. Thus the continuation of being "Good" whilst not believing in God, also requires inheriting a statute of Christianity. Interesting.

It was not started by Jesus. The Golden Rule pre-dates humans and was written as far back as possibly 2182 BCE, such as in "The Eloquent Peasant", which stated "Now this is the command: Do to the doer to cause that he do." Confucius back sometime between 551 BCE and 479 BCE wrote, "Here certainly is the golden maxim: Do not do to others that which we do not want them to do to us."

The Golden Rule began a long time ago, but was popularized by the New Testament and attributed, later, to Jesus...

I will not debate the merits of Christianity, any other religion, or atheism, though. Just pointing it out. :)

The Golden Rule pre-dates humans

Wait, what??

Anyway, yeah, the golden rule is OLD. Probably originated somewhere way back, like...

"Og say: 'You no want hit with rock? No hit others with rock'."

Sign in to follow this  

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.