The pathetic situation in Vancouver

Sign in to follow this  

Also Football players are not apes, they are artists.

Just like sports are arts.

Sports aren't arts. Sports are games. Like shuffleboard or tic-tac-toe or Battleship. If a child can do it, it doesn't command my respect. Also, being good at it doesn't deserve tens of millions of dollars.

Noone says they deserve it, but it's not their fault.

The salaries of players used to be much lower, it's not due to demand of the players they rose but because of the investment in the players by the clubs, players like Pele were happy with theior shitty salary but some clubs started paying more and then it went through the roof. Besides the bigger the salary the bigger the tax here in Europe so who cares, it all goes back to the government and then a big portion goes to the poor people.

In my opinion sports are arts. Firstly, we play football because for the sake of playing it. They are watched for the sole reason of the beauty of the capabilities of human mind-body control. Most importantly, even if there was no salary there would be sports.

I enjoy watching Sports without gambling on anything, I don't know about you.

Also Battleships, Tic Tac Toe are games not sports. The difference being that games are played while sports can also be watched as an art.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

If you bet your life savings on a game' date=' you're already a contender for a Darwin Award.[/quote']

Do you mind if I use that last line as my new signature for next month? It's just so brutally honest.

Go ahead. Brutal honesty is my best (and most feared) quality. It's why I'll never get elected to any office ever (except maybe winning our forum election.)

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

If you bet your life savings on a game' date=' you're already a contender for a Darwin Award.[/quote']

Do you mind if I use that last line as my new signature for next month? It's just so brutally honest.

Go ahead. Brutal honesty is my best (and most feared) quality. It's why I'll never get elected to any office ever (except maybe winning our forum election.)

Lol, thanks. :)

But anyways, drunks will be drunks, regardless if you tell them to behave.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

But anyways, drunks will be drunks, regardless if you tell them to behave. I'm just surprised that Canadians, out of all people would throw such a destructive fit like this.

Maybe because it doesn't matter where you are born, you will still be only human.

But anyways, drunks will be drunks, regardless if you tell them to behave. I'm just surprised that Canadians, out of all people would throw such a destructive fit like this.

Yeah, what kind of quote was that??? We are all humans...

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Yeah, what kind of quote was that??? We are all humans...

Please, allow me to apologize.

Upon further thought I realized that this was a stereotype and I decided to remove that one part of my post. Sorry if it offended anyone, it was just me not thinking straight.:oops:

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

What? Canadians can get offended for something other than littering and not duplicating English graffiti in French?!?

Or for having sucky beer?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 51 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.