The pathetic situation in Vancouver

Sign in to follow this  

Well the Canucks lost the Stanley Cup, and Vancouver managed too embarrass itself again. In a repeat of 1994 the morons of the city have managed to instigate another riot. I don't get how people can be so stupid, and so far the police's response has been completely inadequate. How were we not ready for this? Why can't the police modify a M1A1 with a plow and clear the streets instantly? This is ridiculous.

Hmm, Blue will be unhappy.

Also, I saw that on the news. I'll quote one of the presenters " -Sports presenter: I thought the Candians were supposed to be quite placid, -Weather guy: Obviously not when it comes to Ice Hockey :/ "

First of all, Boston should've won; they were obviously the superior team. 'Nuff said.

The situation there is really sad. Are they seriously destroying private property because their hockey team lost?

First of all, Boston should've won; they were obviously the superior team. 'Nuff said.

:cry:

The situation there is really sad. Are they seriously destroying private property because their hockey team lost?

The people rioting aren't really hocky fans. Most of them were drunks looking for an excuse to cause damage. Some people actually had Molotov cocktails, they were prepared for this.

I've always opposed team sports, for a number of reasons.

I see this as support for my position.

Sports - turning normal humans into poop-slinging monkey-tards for ALMOST as long as politics has.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Once again a loud minority bestows tarnish.

r-VANCOUVER-RIOT-huge.jpg

(Plywood coverings on Robson street where windows were smashed, garnering graffiti on Thursday morning)

The typical response from a Vancouverite would have been "Ah dang. We had a good run, eh?" while walking home to enjoy simpler pleasures and cool off the beer buzz that has no satisfaction anymore. But riots were in all likelihood instigated by Anarchists and people who had been conspiring this on social media sites for no other reason than to indulge in the frustrated stupor of it.

While there were very few deployments of Riot police in hotspots, the Vancouver Chief of Police defends the actions that were taken to disperse the crowds that already existed and had not started rioting [yet]. Additionally, the rucus was quelled twice as fast as the one that occurred in '94.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Well at least they are not tazering homeless people now.

:shock: ????

Anyways, Doomshepherd, we shouldn't go outside because there is a possibility something bad will happen?

We shouldn't make firends with strangers because they could be criminals?

Everything we do is a risk, stopping us from doing everything is very unnecessary.

What happened, happened. Nonetheless humans can't live without sport because we are humans. All we are given in this life is freedom, sport disasters like that one will take freedom from some people away, banning sports will take freedom from everybody away. Do you really want to take everybody's freedom away so that everybody has guaranteed security? Guaranteed security in which they can't do shit because that is the safest way to stay alive?

What is living if you can't have freedom? Living isn't security my friend.

I believe security should go only as far as when the actions we do directly harm another person mentally.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Anyways, Doomshepherd, we shouldn't go outside because there is a possibility something bad will happen?

Everything we do is a risk, stopping us from doing everything is very unnecessary.

What happened, happened. Nonetheless humans can't live without sport because we are humans. All we are given in this life is freedom, sport disasters like that one will take freedom from some people away, banning sports will take freedom from everybody away. Do you really want to take everybody's freedom away so that everybody has guaranteed security? Guaranteed security in which they can't do shit because that is the safest way to stay alive?

I believe security should go only as far as when the actions we do directly harm another person mentally.

So if I punch you its ok?

Also Soccer and Rugby have riot issues -.-

Police brutality was an issue a while back in Vancouver. I remember reading about it maybe 2-3 years ago.

That would be harming me mentally if you didn't read.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

This does not follow logically from anything that I've said.

That would be harming me mentally if you didn't read.

I didn't say "ban sports." I said I'm against them. Just as I'm against bad arguments like that, but I don't want the mods to ban you.

No, I'd be satisfied if our schols just realized that academics and athletics should be separate things, and we shouldn't be cutting art and music programs while simultaneously building a new stadium for the football apes. (This actually happens.)

Also, punching you is harming you physically. Harming you mentally would be repeatedly pointing out how daft it is to confuse the two, and making implications derived from that. Which I'm not actually doing.

Or unleashing psychokinetic powers. But those don't exist.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

You didn't get my post... ok then..

As I understood you fully proposed banning sports.

Next,

Punching me will be harming me mentally.

Punching somebody who likes to get punched will be harming him only physically.

It all comes down if somebody likes physical pain or not. Which is a mental issue.

Everybody at some point took physical harm for mental pleasure.

For example, running a 10 KM in the morning.

Drinking Alcoholic drinks.

Playing a Sport.

Also Football players are not apes, they are artists.

Just like sports are arts.

If you fail to see that, then you have a pretty weak taste in art....

I can see what you mean, but for myself, I doubt that any of the commercialized

sports like football, soccer, basketball, car races or whatever can still be

considered art.

On the other hand, noone should claim to know what art really is as it is a very

subjective thing and everyone might see it differently.

noone should claim to know what art really is as it is a very

subjective thing and everyone might see it differently.

I see art as getting a headshot with a double ricochet multiple times...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Cheering on a sports team is kind of like cheering on the number 3 in a dice roll that affects nothing. Then getting angry and tipping over cars when it rolls 5.

I think people often forget that sports affects absolutely nothing in the real world. It's a game.

Cheering on a sports team is kind of like cheering on the number 3 in a dice roll that affects nothing. Then getting angry and tipping over cars when it rolls 5.

I think people often forget that sports affects absolutely nothing in the real world. It's a game.

Unless they bet their life savings on the outcome of the game, then it's ok to go car tipping...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Unless they bet their life savings on the outcome of the game, then it's ok to go car tipping...

If you bet your life savings on a game, you're already a contender for a Darwin Award.

Sports aren't arts. Sports are games. Like shuffleboard or tic-tac-toe or Battleship. If a child can do it, it doesn't command my respect. Also, being good at it doesn't deserve tens of millions of dollars.

If you bet your life savings on a game, you're already a contender for a Darwin Award.

Do you mind if I use that last line as my new signature for next month? It's just so brutally honest.

Back on topic, in regards to the rioters, facepalm. In regards to the authorities who think they handled this correctly, facepalm.

If you ask me, whenever a major sports game is held, the riot police should be kept on standby, if they already are.

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

Sign in to follow this  

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.