Mafia: The Forum Game, yay or nay?

Sign in to follow this  

Well some of you may be thinking "What the fuck is Mafia?" Others may be thinking "FUCK YEAH I LOVE THIS GAME!" and others may be thinking "Not another forum game". If you're of the latter, then this is not for you. For those of you who don't know what Mafia is about, here are the rules:

In its simplest form, Mafia consists of two sides: the Mafia, and the Town. The Mafia's goal is to kill the innocents, while the Town's goal is to kill the Mafia.

At the beginning of the game, the Moderator will secretly send everyone their role. The Mafia will know each other, while (in the basic game) everyone else will only know their own role.

The game has two phases. Usually the first is Night. During Night (which will last 3 hours, time may change before game) the Town can not communicate, but the Mafia can discuss and choose someone to murder. After the Moderator has received the name of the victim, the Moderator reveals the dead player, and Day begins.

During Day (hours same as night), the Town must choose someone to Lynch; they are trying to eliminate the Mafia, but the Mafia can lead them astray by casting suspicion elsewhere. Generally, players will vote for someone they think is Mafia (the Mafia will vote so that they seem to be doing this as well, and might even vote for each other to confuse the Town); when a player gets a majority of the votes, they are lynched. Their role is revealed by the Moderator, and it is once again Night.

The game alternates between Night and Day until either the Mafia are eliminated, or the Mafia have killed everyone else.

Now besides "Mafia" and "townies" there's also "cops" and "medics", well depending on how many people join there may be one of each ('cept townies which will be the rest) for example if ten people are willing to play then there will be one "Mafia", one "Cop" and one "Medic" the rest will be townies.

Now here are the "abilities" for cops and medics:

Cop - Each night, the Cop can investigate one player (by sending their name to the Moderator), and finds out whether that player is Mafia or not. The Cop is on the Town's side.

Medic - Each night, the Doctor can choose one player to protect (by sending their name to the Moderator). If the Mafia (or anyone else) tries to kill that player, they will fail. The Doctor is on the Town's side.

If you like the idea then post "Yay", if you don't like the idea then post "Nay".

As for me I say yay.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Yay, also, you kinda copied this off a WarCraft 3 Custom Game, but.....I like it. :D

"Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and asks the ghosts if honour matters! The silence is your answer." -Javik, Mass Effect 3

I didn't copy it honestly I don't know the origins of this game but I know it's epicly fun.

I wasn't getting pissed at you, I'm just saying, it's from WC3.

"Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and asks the ghosts if honour matters! The silence is your answer." -Javik, Mass Effect 3

I never thought you were pissed, I was just informing you on my side of the story.

Ah, alright then. ...........So, how about that Portal 2, huh? Pretty good, isn't it?

YAY! I am in! I used to play this in summer camps. Man this makes me happy if we can get to playing this :D

The only problem is playing on a forum... not very many people like waiting 3 hours every time "day" and "night" end.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Oh hell Yay! I love this game! or at least I love 'We're Wolves'. That's the name I gave the game when I would play it with my friends at school. It's the same game just a different setting, werewolves instead of mafia and a cleverer name.

And no, It's not FROM W3, It maybe IN W3 but it's not from it...

http://eblong.com/zarf/werewolf.html Here you go! If you don't really understand the rules all that well, Here's the site I learned from.

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

Yay.

Sounds interesting enough.

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

Idk, how well this translates to forum.. We played this a couple times in highschool though.

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

Idk, how well this translates to forum.. We played this a couple times in highschool though.

It will work if people remember to check the forum.

Now between the 26th of June to the 1st of July, I'm going to be gone, when I come back the game may start, depending on how many people like the idea.

Now between the 26th of June to the 1st of July, I'm going to be gone, when I come back the game may start, depending on how many people like the idea.

I think it has the potential to work if no one gets impatient.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Ok so far we have:

The_Doctor, PaladinVargas10, that guy, Epsilon, Srake, Brad, and I'm guessing Axeldeath as well.