• Soldier
    • Pyro
    • Heavy
    • Demoman
    • Engineer
    • Sniper
    • Medic
    • Spy

I don't get why I can snipe so well yet when I play scout 3+ of the 6 shots in my scattergun usually miss. XD

Retired Forum Moderator

I myself often have "bad days" as the Sniper, but I always seem to do decently as the Scout. :?

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

I mostly play medic, but if my teammates just refuse to protect me even a little, I go spy.

Medic and Spy, because I'm a supportive kind of guy.

Props, Karl. Both of those classes are heavily underplayed (there are Failspies and there are Spies).

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

I love good medics. Ones that can spread the love and manage their team well.

My main grievance in the game is with people who are actually good enough to contend at my level or better, that obviously only play the game to win. Their play style doesn't ebb or flow with the average skill level, they just dominate without relent.

It pains me when I'm the most skilled player on my team, and that one guy who plays to win entirely chomps down at all times on a bunch of newer guys below me. :(

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

I actually like playing medic too, I don't see why people say its a boring class to play. It gets pretty intense when you're playing payload(my fav gamemode), you're close to the last point, there are only a few seconds left and you need to make sure that you keep your whole team alive long enough so they can push the cart just a little further.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I don't need to be the best soldier in the world. I only need to be able to fight a minute longer than the enemy."

I love good medics. Ones that can spread the love and manage their team well.

My main grievance in the game is with people who are actually good enough to contend at my level or better, that obviously only play the game to win. Their play style doesn't ebb or flow with the average skill level, they just dominate without relent.

It pains me when I'm the most skilled player on my team, and that one guy who plays to win entirely chomps down at all times on a bunch of newer guys below me. :(

If I do say so myself, I'm a pretty good Medic. I once made one of my friends rage and curse at me (and demand a scramble) because I was making my already skilled team semi-invulnerable.

I love good Medics, as well. They are mai franz.

Y'know, if anyone is playing medic, I appreciate it. There aren't many that actually like playing medic, they would rather blow stuff up. But if it's a bad medic, ugh, it's just painful to watch. Many a time have I had a medic try to heal me by shooting syringes at me while I'm on fire.

1288616578577.png

I'm an Engineer.

He's my favorite.

I had to read the comic a couple times over to realize they were masks...

Anyway, my sentiments on Medic:

If you are playing Medic to try and help your team out, that is very commendable and I love you for it. I consider myself a good Medic, but my main flaw is my innability to let go of a patient. I mean, if you want me to follow you around a corner when I don't have Uber and there's a sentry over there, forget about it. But when I'm in the thick of battle, spreading around heals, I'm taking constant damage and eventually die. Or, if I pocket someone and they overextend, I follow them and end up getting killed.

Anyway, playing Medic is awesome. But, if you're new to it or you're just not good and trying to get better, let your teammates know so they can get a more qualified Medic to rely on.

Things to remember as Medic:

1. You are fast, but not mobile. A soldier may not be fast, but his rocket jump makes him mobile. You only have the ability to outrun people.

2. When your needles are on target, they do a LOT of damage. Backpedal from enemies and fire away. Or, if your pocket dies, whip out the needles and finish off everyone your late pocket weakened.

3. Heavies, when distracted, are actually easy targets and quick kills with needles.

4. DAT UBERSAW! In my opinion, the best melee in the game. Whip it out to finish people off or if you catch an engi away from his sentry or any Sniper.

5. You aren't an invincible tag-along to your pocket. Move around when moving because you never know where a Sniper can show up. And if your guy is taking heavy fire and he's going to die, Get The Fuck Out of there. You're much more helpful alive, healing other teammates and keeping the enemy from pushing, than you are running back up to the battle with your pocket.

And now, my sentiments on Blue's comment.

Unless it's just a goof-off session, I try my best every time. I don't think about people being low skill. I kill everyone just the same. The only time that changes is if I'm being raped by a certain player. I will then go out of my way to get the kill on him, which is probably my biggest problem when playing. I get tunnel vision and get killed by everybody else.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

2. When your needles are on target, they do a LOT of damage. Backpedal from enemies and fire away. Or, if your pocket dies, whip out the needles and finish off everyone your late pocket weakened.

True dat. IF you can master the very strange arc the needles fly in you are very effective. I love playing battlemedic.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Good tips, Fluttershy, but I love the Medieval Medic set. I once got an airshot on Rarity with the Crossbow, plus the healing abilities and the damage at long range, as well as the Amputator's AoE heal. The main perk, however, is probably the higher health regeneration considering how negligent my buddies tend to be. :x

The only time I'd even dream of not using the set is when playing with ABG since he actually knows what it means when I stop healing him or my health goes down.

You can't always blame people. When there's a big-ass problem in front of you, but your medic's got a big-ass problem behind you, if you turn around and help your medic, chances are you'll die because the people who you just turned away from are going to charge your ass. But if that happens, that means you overextended.

Another (Obvious) Medic tip:

Get the heals around. One constantly over-healed heavy isn't nearly as good as 12 temporarily over-healed players.

Also, crouch jumping and regular jumping is boss. Use it to move around on platforms so you can get either:

a) A better angle on your healing buddy where you take less fire

b) A good vantage point to give you easier access to other teammates.

Example: Badlands, defending last point.

badlands_last11.jpg

Stand in the top-left. It allows you to heal almost everyone on your half of the room. It's an amazing spot and it works a LOT for me when defending. I've actually gone Medic when our team was getting rolled, used that spot when defending last, and all of the sudden, we push them back and win.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

An interesting strategy.

Say, would you recommend pocketing a Soldier or a Pyro? Both seem good for protecting Medics, so it confuses me. :/

I usually play as Soldier so I can spam rockets, and I also play as Spy once in a while. This is also partly because my computer can only handle like 16 FPS.

"Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, EVERYONE DIES!" - Gordon Freeman

An interesting strategy.

Say, would you recommend pocketing a Soldier or a Pyro? Both seem good for protecting Medics, so it confuses me. :/

I prefer Soldiers, personally. My basic strategy is to obtain two or three temporary pockets. If everybody's hurt, I get the heals around and then the selected pocket I'm closest to, I stick with until the team needs heals or my #1 pocket passes by. I like soldiers the most because Pyros often get the mindset of "I have a Medic, let's charge 'em!" Even I do that as Pyro. Once someone's on fire, I chase them down until I catch myself and fall back, unless it's too late.

So in game, I might have a Primary pocket of a Soldier, a secondary pocket of a Heavy, and a tirtiary pocket of a Demoman. The team is weak after a failed enemy push, so I run around and get everybody overhealed, then if the Heavy is close, I heal him. If the Soldier goes by and I see him going where I want to go, I follow him. Then, when I get Uber, I either use chat to call it out or I try to persuade my patient by walking to where I want to go, forcing him to come along if he wants heals. I manage to get all 3 pockets in one place and Uber all of them for the push.

Pyros can be great ubers to cause chaos, but the rest of the team has to be ready to follow them. A pyro can disorient and cause panic in the entire enemy team defending a point, but it's not likely that he'll kill everyone.