• Soldier
    • Pyro
    • Heavy
    • Demoman
    • Engineer
    • Sniper
    • Medic
    • Spy

Pyros can be great ubers to cause chaos, but the rest of the team has to be ready to follow them. A pyro can disorient and cause panic in the entire enemy team defending a point, but it's not likely that he'll kill everyone.

That's true. If a team is well coordinated, it would be good to give the Pyro some ubes. His damage output is actually massive when he's torchimg someone.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I prefer using the Kritzkrieg if I'm pocketing a Pyro, they can lay waste to an entire team camping their CP with crits.

But Kritz doesn't work against Sentries...

I've never liked Kritzkrieg. I only use Medigun, which is why I'd like a strange.

I just realized I'm probably one of the best TF2 players on paper, but in action, I either get caught up in one thing or I don't heed the advice I gave before. I can't help but get stupid and agressive for some reason. And my aim and natural skills need improvement, but that's mostly because I get very little playtime.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Medigun is almost always the best option. On defense, if you have a good soldier or demo, kritz is acceptable.

Quick Fix is never acceptable.

NEVER.

What do you mean when you say "get stupid and aggresive" exactly? Example?

i think by aggressive he means charging at the enemy guns blazing and straight onto the sickies. regarding the quick fix, it's really useful for defending caps with heavies. though that's on paper, i didn't use the QF as much as to draw a conclusion. yet the best combo is medigun-crossbow-amputator. yes you become a very easy target, but if your team's intelligent and coordinated properly, it's the best way to heal your lads.

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

So I'm not the only Medic in the entire world who uses the Medieval set and loves it?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!

100% of what Koach said.

USE THE MEDIEVAL MEDIC SET.

USE IT. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Well, Quick Fix is definitely unacceptable unless you're pubbing. I prefer to use

1. Overdose. I don't notice the reduced damage much and the speed is nice. Also, does it increase fire rate as your Ubercharge increases, because I feel like it does...

2. Medigun, Duhh.

3. Ubersaw, I mean COME ON! Who doesn't want to kill two stupid engies,snipers, or scouts and be able to invuln for 8 seconds?!

As far as agression is concerned, my pocket, who is at full or overhealed, will fall back and I'm like "DUDE, we can still do some damage or at least delay them before we run!" So, I whip out my needles or ubersaw, end up face-to-face with a Soldier, and spontaneously explode.

I just can't stand it when I see a ghastlier gibus medic with the quick fix during set up time . :evil:

Medieval medic kit all the way. Overdose is kind of pointless compared to the +1 health per second. The extra 5% movement speed is basically worthless when you're pocketing as you're already faster than every other class than the scout. (which you obviously shouldn't be pocketing)

Reduced travel time to the front is nothing as well considering you won't have any uber or with the vita-saw 20%. For a melee weapon it doesn't matter nearly as much, if you want to go and risk your 60% uber to save 10 seconds go ahead, but not while you're pocketing me. Leaving your pocket weakens both of you. He loses healing you lose defence. The certainty of a properly built uber is also much easier to plan ahead for, not resting on the incompetency of your enemies.

Quick-fix is worthless unless you are at the last 30 seconds of a match.

I still want to make an epic Heavy intel cap while under the effects of the buffalo steak sandvich and wearing a GRU while being ubered by a quick-fix doc because the quick-fix uber DOESN'T force you to drop the intel.

But yeah, unless your just goofing around in a pub, the quick-fix is useless

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

I just can't stand it when I see a ghastlier gibus medic with the quick fix during set up time . :evil:

Medieval medic kit all the way. Overdose is kind of pointless compared to the +1 health per second. The extra 5% movement speed is basically worthless when you're pocketing as you're already faster than every other class than the scout. (which you obviously shouldn't be pocketing)

Reduced travel time to the front is nothing as well considering you won't have any uber or with the vita-saw 20%. For a melee weapon it doesn't matter nearly as much, if you want to go and risk your 60% uber to save 10 seconds go ahead, but not while you're pocketing me. Leaving your pocket weakens both of you. He loses healing you lose defence. The certainty of a properly built uber is also much easier to plan ahead for, not resting on the incompetency of your enemies.

I've found the speed boost has at many times helped me get away from enemies. It also makes you faster than every class than Scout while you backpedal, so I can turn back and unload on somebody chasing me, WHILE I'm slowly getting away. And I only leave my pocket when I feel like he's being dumb and falling back with full overheal. And I only ever Ubersaw when I know i can win, like with an Engi or a Sniper. I've never been a fan of Medeval Medic because the crossbow is very difficult for me to land hits with (I'm terrible at Huntsman as well). For whatever reason, I'm much better at hitting people with the needles than arrows. And the Ubersaw makes it possible for you to get a final push ready when you have to cap the final point on Attack/Defend in about 5 seconds. The amputator, in my opinion, is a great pub item, but not useful for much else. It can heal an entire team in 1-2 taunts, but it sure doesn't get your team an 8 second invulnerability in a matter of seconds.

When we do competitive, I can only see using the amputator on Payload when people will be gathered around the cart.

I've found the speed boost has at many times helped me get away from enemies. It also makes you faster than every class than Scout while you backpedal, so I can turn back and unload on somebody chasing me, WHILE I'm slowly getting away. And I only leave my pocket when I feel like he's being dumb and falling back with full overheal. And I only ever Ubersaw when I know i can win, like with an Engi or a Sniper. I've never been a fan of Medeval Medic because the crossbow is very difficult for me to land hits with (I'm terrible at Huntsman as well). For whatever reason, I'm much better at hitting people with the needles than arrows. And the Ubersaw makes it possible for you to get a final push ready when you have to cap the final point on Attack/Defend in about 5 seconds. The amputator, in my opinion, is a great pub item, but not useful for much else. It can heal an entire team in 1-2 taunts, but it sure doesn't get your team an 8 second invulnerability in a matter of seconds.

When we do competitive, I can only see using the amputator on Payload when people will be gathered around the cart.

If you think for a second that any competitive player wouldn't be able to kill a melee medic in 10 seconds flat you're crazy. For the Overdose, you shouldn't be shooting anyone anyways, so why does your accuracy matter so much? It's also very helpful by allowing long range healing in a pinch.

If you think for a second that any competitive player wouldn't be able to kill a melee medic in 10 seconds flat you're crazy.

vnE7w-EyEkw

On a more conducive note, Medics aren't really supposed to go rambo in competitive (unless in a pinch or if you're as awesome as Taimou). I think the best comp. Medic loadout would be the Overdose (higher speed to get away; you shouldn't need to fight that much so the lower damage is negligible), Medigun (obvious reasons), and Ubersaw (if in a pinch, you can save yourself with a ninja uber).

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Chain ubers are fun if you do it right.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

or if you're as awesome as Taimou
Yes, because I'm sure that wasn't the most cherry picked clip in the history of TF2. He's always doing that.

I didn't say he always does that sort of thing, but he is a very proficient Medic.

Besides, I linked that as a tongue-in-cheek rebuttal to what you said about comp. players taking Medics down in 10 seconds.

I wouldn't really even say one set is better than the other. I switch depending on the situation. Most of the time I use overdose, medigun, ubersaw, because it's a good loadout for any situation. The overdose allows spraying and backpedaling away from scouts and pyros, and ubersaw for getting a faster uber to keep the team rolling.

The medieval set is if I have a pocket, and I know the enemy team is aiming for me. Most of the time in matches, I'll take damage, but not enough that my +3 hp can't handle regenerating it. But if I'm in a really competetive match where the snipers know to go for me first, I'll go medieval. Medieval just doesn't cut it for normal play without an obvious pocket though. Scouts instantly become MUCH harder to kill when you equip that crossbow. I'm a pretty good shot with the crossbow, training with it a bit, but when they jump around you like that, I prefer bursts of syringes than an arrow that needs reloading after every shot.

I either need to learn patience, or learn to become a server-clearing badass. I don't see badass coming along anytime soon, so....

Brass Beast on Payload attacking.

In America, the cart pushes you.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Another crazy heavy intel cap setup:

Heavy with the fist of steel eats the buffalo steak, gets whiped by a friendly soldier and ubered by a doc with quick-fix

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"