Team Fortress 2 is free, guys

Sign in to follow this  

I heard that some disgruntled fans of the game have created scripts on a few of the servers that are used to keep the F2P people out.

Geez, how snobbish do you have to be to do something like that.

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

If they're stupid enough the turn away people, their server probably sucks to begin with.

Retired Forum Moderator

I heard that some disgruntled fans of the game have created scripts on a few of the servers that are used to keep the F2P people out.

Dude thanks for the heads up!

e5182913.gif

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

Geez, how snobbish do you have to be to do something like that.

The F2P people wouldn't want to play on a server full of people with that mindset anyway.

F2P players can easily remake accounts as well; if they're banned for hacking, it doesn't matter. A lot of server creators don't want hackers filling up their servers, getting banned, then reappearing.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

You make a steam account, not a tf2 account so if they have ANY other games that they've bought, its unlikely they'll be spamming steam accounts to get back onto servers seeing as it is supremely obviously when you do that with steam.

You make a steam account, not a tf2 account so if they have ANY other games that they've bought, its unlikely they'll be spamming steam accounts to get back onto servers seeing as it is supremely obviously when you do that with steam.

You have no idea how little time and effort it takes to make a Steam account specifically for hacking one game for 10 minutes do you?

Hackers will do this, I guarantee it.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I'm not sure, but isn't each copy of the game tied in to 1 account alone? wouldn't that mean they'd have to download the game again if they wanted to make a second account? Haven't tried so idk, but that would be a logical way to counter it if so.

Retired Forum Moderator

I'm not sure, but isn't each copy of the game tied in to 1 account alone? wouldn't that mean they'd have to download the game again if they wanted to make a second account?

Nope. The files are identical. One install can be run for 30000 different people.

You have no idea how little time and effort it takes to make a Steam account specifically for hacking one game for 10 minutes do you?

Hackers will do this, I guarantee it.

You miss the point that steam can track this easily if you decide to do it through the same computer, maybe read the whole thing?

I'm not sure, but isn't each copy of the game tied in to 1 account alone? wouldn't that mean they'd have to download the game again if they wanted to make a second account?

Nope. The files are identical. One install can be run for 30000 different people.

Huh. Well, that's... huh....

I got nothing.

Retired Forum Moderator

You miss the point that steam can track this easily if you decide to do it through the same computer, maybe read the whole thing?

You realize that that would require tracking the computer's MAC address, (which Steam doesn't, it's the only way to really track an individual computer) and that 99% of hackers either already know how to forge a MAC address, or can find out in 10 min from Google?

I have triple-layer MAC address forging going at all times for my system; random numbers for two of them at each startup, one just a regular static forge.(I usually change that last once every couple weeks) Took me 15 min to set it up.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Imagine buying it a day before that.

Aside from that, I hate the update for the most part. I get to play with some friends who didn't want to buy the orange box, but I also have to deal with finding servers that have about 8-14 people. Kinda picky. Too many people on a server screws over my framerate. :I

well, I'd say hit it late at night if you're an insomniac. I'm having trouble finding a full server at night. XD I set the display to most players to least but all the ones at the top are just the server tracker being broken again.

Retired Forum Moderator

Sadly, the few nights I can't fall asleep my connection is crappy, The power's out, or I'm too lazy to get out of bed to find my computer.

And usually when I get into a small server with few people, about 20-30 minutes later it's full. And I start raging quietly to myself.

Got this but my computer can't run it smoothly.....

And when he gets to heaven,

To saint Peter he will tell;

One more soldier reporting, sir.

I've served my time in Hell!

Fun game, but i would probably play it more if i had a different router. I can't even use the server browser, thanks to my thompson router -.- (i have to either connect using console or joining via my friends list)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯