Your Favorite Game Heroes (WARNING: Image Heavy)

Who are your top favorite game heroes? Post a picture of them with (if possible) a description/biography. Please refrain from posting crazy numbers of images such as 20, if possible. :mrgreen:

Mine are:

1. Darc - Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits

02-s.jpg

This guy is most definitively numero uno in my book. Everything about him screams "awesome", the way he looks, the way he sounds, and his personality. His awesomeness is so off the charts, the charts gave up on looking for a number to describe it. They simply couldn't do it. You can't use words or numbers to describe his sheer coolness and originality. Believe it or not, he's only 17.

2. The Warden - Dragon Age

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQgsA-s5P99jSHewyisuXCqViSFoI19dbwdAJ65U74QBmTVzCm&t=1

I don't think I really need to say much. You can take one look at him and tell that he's a hardened veteran to battle. Whereas the most seasoned of soldiers have trouble killing a few monsters, the Warden from Dragon Age with no problem slaughters guardsmen, beasts, elite war veterans, ogres, ferocious werewolves, demons in their own realms, and a dragon with a corrupted soul.

3. Gordon Freeman - Half-Life

195787_main.jpg

I barely need to say anything. Pretty much everyone, if not everyone, here knows who Gordon Freeman is and how awesome he is. My favorite catchphrase of his is "..."

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Ratchet & Clank have always had a certain place in my heart because the platformer gameplay was so awesome, and the story was so... I don't know if inventive is the right word.... tropperific.

ratchet2_2.jpg

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Duke Nukem:

d3d_poster_xXLightsourceXx_thumb.jpg

I don't care if he's crass. I don't care if he's "Offensive". I don't care how much shit you talk about his new game. I don't fucking care anymore. All I care about is that he's funny, and that his new game is fun.

Also, the Engineer and Sniper from TF2:

engiweapon.jpg

The Engineer because he's southern, smart, but also willing to punch you in the face. Like me. The Sniper because he just looks, sounds, and acts so damn awesome. He's just so laid back about everything.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

Solid Snake, he's just a complicated badass who, throughout the series, is slowly losing his place in the world, until in the final game, he actually becomes a threat himself.

solid-snake-metal-gear-solid-2.jpg

Solid Snake, he's just a complicated badass who, throughout the series, is slowly losing his place in the world, until in the final game, he actually becomes a threat himself.

solid-snake-metal-gear-solid-2.jpg

Solid Snake for me as well.

Sir Daniel Fortesque

477px-Medievil_2_01_1600x1200.jpg

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

southern, smart, but also willing to punch you in the face.

...That's pretty much how a lot of people describe me, but only the former two. :/

Another one of my favorites is Vegeta from DBZ, but he's especially awesome in DBZ: Budokai. This line that he says to Krillin (a short, bald guy who always gets owned) pretty much takes the cake.

rszvegeta.jpg

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

morte.jpg

1. Morte (Planescape: Torment)

The best talking flying skull guy ever!!! Like the other characters in the game.

Attonpromo.jpg

2. Atton Rand

Playable NPC, almost main character from SW: Knights of The Old Republic 2: The sith Lords. A gambler, sarcastic scoundrel but loyal pilot and "sidekick". He has a great voice acting by Nicky Katt. Actually, one of my very best character I've ever met in video game. And yeah, his obsession with pazaak, fear of his past and how he was changing during the plot was awesome. Pure pazaak.

freeman.jpg

3. Gordie Freeman

Everybody knows him well :)

100807_tf2_03.jpg

4. The Sniper and 5. the Medic from Team Fortress 2

Snoipah because he is oussie. In fact he is cold blooded neutralist but he can be "open and freindly"

And the Medic because he's a mad sciencist. Yeah...

prince-of-persia2008.jpg

6. The Prince (Prince of Persia 2008)

I just like that jerkish rogue

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Adam Jensen (the new protagonist in Deus Ex: Human Revolution):

medium_image.jpg

Gordon Freeman:

Gordon_Freeman.jpg

Can't think of any others right off the top of my head... I'll probly post more later on as I think of them.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Someone had to do this sooner or later...

Mass Effect - Urdnot Wrex

Wrex_Character_Box.png

He's the Chuck Norris of the Mass Effect universe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5Fjc1hBwuE

1.Zero from the Megaman X series:

1742204-caocao_super.jpg[/attachment]

The hero of chaos, a cold and calculating ruler who nearly unified all China under his flag, his actions haunted him until his last second alive,still he was able to overcome it and create the foundations for the Wei Empire.In-game he wanted to create a land where a person value inside the society would be measured by the talent he/she possesed,besides,he have one of the most awesome swords i have ever seen

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

duke_nukem_004.jpg

He's just awesome for what he did in the series and his character.

Caleb-Episode2-_Blood.png

Caleb from blood, amazing hero who can withstand even the worst of evil and death and use the weirdest weapons like a Trapped Soul and a Voodoo Doll.

box-front.jpg

Edward Carnby, Smart and a master detective, similar to Caleb in a way, but he's not a fighter but more of a thinker, very interesting how he gets out of situations, his character about him is mostly developed in alone in the dark 2-3 though.

gordon1191709903.jpg

Doesn't talk much....

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Loghain.jpg

Loghain from Dragon Age. He goes from a war hero to a conspicuous villain, and (optionally) is redeemed. He's my favorite kind of character: a hero who has good intentions, but ends up as the antagonist, yet finds a way to redeem him or herself.

a hero who has good intentions, but ends up as the antagonist, yet finds a way to redeem him or herself.

Kinda of a cliche now, BUT I LOVE IT :mrgreen:

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

a hero who has good intentions, but ends up as the antagonist, yet finds a way to redeem him or herself.

Kinda of a cliche now, BUT I LOVE IT :mrgreen:

It may be cliche, but it's not as cliche as the goody-two-shoes RPG hero that we see all too often. :mrgreen:

Lord_Revan_by_kastria.jpg

Evil Revan from KOTOR... he's not as cliche as Loghain is, and he's a lot cooler than his good counterpart. He goes from the Dark Lord of the Sith to some random soldier who loses his memory back to the Dark Lord again, after killing his usurper.

[attachment=0]Good Cole.jpg[/attachment]

Good Cole from inFamous. He's my favourite because, even though people start to hate him because they think he set off the Ray Sphere, etc, and it would be so much easier to just teach them a lesson, he decides to help them. He makes selfless decisions, and helps people with no reward asked for or expected. I guess he's kind of a cliche, but, I still like him.

"Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and asks the ghosts if honour matters! The silence is your answer." -Javik, Mass Effect 3

[attachment=0]Good Cole.jpg[/attachment]

Good Cole from inFamous. He's my favourite because, even though people start to hate him because they think he set off the Ray Sphere, etc, and it would be so much easier to just teach them a lesson, he decides to help them. He makes selfless decisions, and helps people with no reward asked for or expected. I guess he's kind of a cliche, but, I still like him.

I think he is morally ambigous since his outcome is based on the player's actions. As far as I'm concerned, he has no personality at all outside of how he is controlled.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

[attachment=1]Good Cole.jpg[/attachment]

I think he is morally ambigous since his outcome is based on the player's actions. As far as I'm concerned, he has no personality at all outside of how he is controlled.

Well, that's the way I play him. I play all video game characters that way. Strange.....I guess I like being the good guy all the time, either that, or a total badass.[attachment=0]The King.jpg[/attachment]

Fuck yes. 8-)

"Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and asks the ghosts if honour matters! The silence is your answer." -Javik, Mass Effect 3