Dota 2

Sign in to follow this  

Hello there. So as you can see from the topic we are going to talk about Dota/Dota2. Here you can express your opinion about first game/mod, and your thoughts how will the second look like. Have you heard any news on dota 2 or any rumors ? I have a picture which proves that they are testing dota 2 servers http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/534/unledpm.png/.

P.S. I dont know if there are topics like this, but i couldnt find them.

I never played the first but it sounds like it had a nice concept so I'll probably buy DOTA 2 just because Valve is developing it.

i think it's gonna be part of valve's free game initiative

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

I don't really want it to be. The whole F2P with micro-transactions concept is something I don't really like.

I don't mind the F2P+MicroTrans model, but it really decreases the average capability and game-fluency of players. That is unless they're ranked according to play time, which is a system that's relatively analogous to how Battlefield Heroes works.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

I don't really want it to be. The whole F2P with micro-transactions concept is something I don't really like.

I'm honestly fine with F2P with micro-transactions, as long as it's done well. Take the Koreans for example, they have the system down really well and their F2P games go very well with little complaints. I don't want to go into detail on how they do it, but I will if you really want me too.

Hi Friend.

FTP with mictotransactions really makes sense as a profitable system, especially for a developer with Valve's "games as a service" mentality. You hook people from a larger pool by letting everyone play, then they're tempted to purchase stuff once they get invested in the game.

Well, i haven't played the first DOTA but I never pass up the opportunity to give something new a try in beta stage so I signed up.

Retired Forum Moderator

Hey I received several free copies of dota-2. I also have not one person to give them to so anyone who wants one can friend me on steam (meffer4).

note: I received 4 copies and have 3 remaining and it is first come first served.

What your not crazy too?

was going to gift it to you then I realized you already had it as did everyone on my friends list except one guy.

What your not crazy too?

was going to gift it to you then I realized you already had it as did everyone on my friends list except one guy.

This is probably because invites seem to be getting sent out like hot cakes.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Vao5iVHvUWA

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"