Forum Post Adventure

Sign in to follow this  

You look down. The only things you can see around you are some shagpiles and debris (wood and rock) on the dusty stone floor. Although you can't really see what is under the desk because it's too dark. (You think the desk can be moved under the lantern to support you.)

"It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... the way it is. It's about respecting the will of others, and believing in your own."

Move and climb up the desk.

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

You grab the edge of the desk and start pulling slowly. This also makes some noise because the floor is rough. When the desk is in position you climb up. Now you can reach the lantern.

"It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... the way it is. It's about respecting the will of others, and believing in your own."

Think to yourself "I may be Dragonborn, if so then I only have once shot at this!" then, with all of your might shout "FUS RO DAH!" at the lantern.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Also, take the lantern and put a lit candle [carefully] inside it.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

You put the things [knife and the box] down from your hands on the desk. You calm yourself down, close your eyes while listening to your breathing and concentrate all your thoughts to one thing: 'It should work. I may have some hidden magical abilities.' After a minute of full silence you yell the words: 'FUS RO DAH!!'. Nothing happens. The lantern remains dark as it was before. Then suddenly you hear footsteps above you beyond the ceiling. They are fading away quickly so, someone or something was running. Instead of wasting time you grab the lantern and carefully get down from the crook at the end of the chain. After that you put the lantern on the desk too, you climb down from the desk, you go to the nearest luminous candle, you get it, you bring it to the desk, you open the lantern's small window then you watchfully put the lit candle inside it and close its window. The lantern has a handle on it, so you can carry it. Now the lantern lights the desk. You may have seen some shady smudge on the blank paper for a moment. (You also have some bad feelings about the footsteps you heard.)

Use the heat of the lantern to see if the paper has invisible ink.

You grab the paper and hold closely to the lantern. Slowly some text appear on it:

'Dear friend!

I suppose you managed to get back here in one piece if you're reading this.

I'm doing fine. Kraahl seemed to be upset about your studying results though. I recieved your last letter on Tuesday and I know you have some trouble with the trolls. Don't worry. They can't get inside the castle unless someone let the door of the eastern pantry opened. Don't mess with them without a sharp, long weapon. You can use my spare sword. It's in my bedroom. The fifth door to the west.

About the incident of the capital city. It wasn't an accident. I believe the Tankratien people are involved somehow.

P.S.: I recommend reading [One day in Lengyal] first if you want better marks at Magical mythology. You can find it on the shelves.'

Realize that after reading the note that you got a skill point in two handed weapons, then store the note in your left pocket.

A memory just appeared in your mind in which you practise sword fighting in a forest with your father. You imagine the techniques you learned years ago. Then you fold the ciphered letter and slide it into your left pocket.

Put the box in the same hand as the lantern if it's possible to carry both at once with one hand.

Even if it isn't, pick up the knife with your other hand.

You pick up the box and adjust it amongst the thumb, the ring-finger and the little finger of your left hand then you grab the lantern with the remaining two fingers and grip it together. You take the knife to your right hand.

Go back into the Corridor

You go South to the dark corridor. Nobody is around you, the wind whistles through some gaps at the upper corner of the wall in front of you.

You can go West (to your right) or East (to your left) in the corridor or you can go North (back) to the room.

You have lint, a throat lozenge, a ballpoint pen and a ciphered note (you've already read it) in your pockets.

You're holding a small copper box and a lantern (with a lit candle in it) in your left hand and a knife in your right hand.

You start walking to the West. A bunch of steps later you see three doors: one which you're facing with and two on each side of the sidewalls. There's a torch in the left corner near the front door. Its fire is out. The front door is also slightly bigger has a massive metal frame and an iron latch. It's interlocked with a wooden board. There are signs next to the doors on the walls but you can't read them in the light of your lantern.

Well obviously someone went through the door to the left, cause of the torch, but they never returned, the door in front is blocked, so go through the door to the right.

You get through the right door. You find yourself in a smaller room (or it seems smaller) than the last one. There are high shelves on each side filled with a lot of things, equipment. Most of them look useless, rusty, corroded junk. Though you can't reach the top of the shelves. In front of you there is a barrel and a broom. 'This must be some storage room' - you think. Suddenly you hear a noise from the previous room's direction. You hear rattling and footsteps approaching slowly but with accelerating speed.

Put down lantern and box on floor

Ready knife for something wicked this way comes

You immediately put the box and the lantern on the floor next to the barrel, carefully witouth making any noise. You turn around and slowly close the door then step behind it so you can surprise attack that unknown thing if it comes in. You feel like your heart is in your throat, your body's level of adrenalin must be increasing too. It's moving towards this area faster. It's very close now. You hear loud sniffing like a kind of dog. Then the door is slammed into your moved by a powerful hit of the creature. You get your nose bleeding but at the moment this bothers you the least. This thing moves inside slowly the lantern lures it. You see it in the light of the lantern. It is like a dog and a gorilla with huge claws and muscular limbs. Its face has weird tentacles on it. Your blood drips on the floor. Suddenly the creature listens to it. You don't have too much time to think so you bravely stab its neck with the knife. It's screaming and kicking against you. You get hurt on your left arm. Now you toss the knife deeper and after 4 minutes of fighting you win. It was hard and very dangerous but you did it. Now you're still bleeding. And have a big wound on your left arm.