Forum Post Adventure

Sign in to follow this  

It's a good thing your practiced this at Norm's stag party back in Innsbruck because with the knowledge and skill you're quite easily able to remove the cuffs using the keys of the fallen guard.

You're still trapped in this tram however, with one fish quite obviously struggling with the headcrab on his face.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

I don't know how to combine shotgun with crowbar.

Hit head crab with crowbar

And when he gets to heaven,

To saint Peter he will tell;

One more soldier reporting, sir.

I've served my time in Hell!

You lean over to examine the dead guard fish with a headcrab on his face. His complexion is deteriorating by the second and looks like he broke a few bones in his head- or they're being actively mutilated somehow. The ruckus raised by the still active and rather unscenely guard is starting to get annoying so you use your crowbar to whack it off. Immidiately, the guard scoots to the other side of the tram, panting for breath. He draws his pistol and empties an entire clip into the thrown headcrab.

"SHITTIN' MACKEREL WHAT THE DEVIL WAS THAT THING?!!" he exclaims, his unloaded pistol still trained on the body of the facehugging creature.

Tell him that you're part of the cleanup crew, and that it'll get worse unless he let's you go.

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

Tell him that you're part of the cleanup crew, and that it'll get worse unless he let's you go.

And tell him the chainsaw was integral to your cleanup mission. Also include that the Special Equipment area that you were trying to get into had just been contaminated, which was why you were trying to get in.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

"The facility has been infested with aliens. I'm from Anomalous Materials, I would know. It's a bit of a long story, but I'm with the guys that were cleaning it all up. I was trying to get more gear from the Special Equipment annex when you stopped me." you say in a cool manner.

The Fish Guard looks like he's about to ask you a question but you see over his shoulder that another alien has teleported and transected into the tram rail above, causing a structural failure and the immediate death of what appears to be a bullsquid. The fish guard is interrupted by the rail severing through the bullsquid as the tram begins riding over the interposed body making a rather disturbing crunching noise. Emergency brakes quickly catch the tram before it moves any farther, but it's already now dangerously perched pointing at a steep angle downwards with probably only one contact chassis shoe contacting the rail above. The sudden pitch throws you both forwards on to the front glass of the tram, you almost landing on top of the Fish Guard.

"Great! Now what do we do?" he says, half frustrated, half afraid. You simply look back at him with a steely calm look as if this has happened to you six times this morning already, even though it's fairly late at night.

Obvious exits are the Emergency Hatch in the Roof, any one of the side Windows, or the Decklid under the Wheelchair clamps in the middle of the Tram.

Tell the fish guard "Come with me if you want to live" Then open up the emergency Hatch in the roof, move the Wheelchair clams, then go out one of the windows. (You're doing all of that to confuse the aliens, and the guard too.)

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Through one of the windows you see a headcrab fall. A couple thuds are heard above you, leading you to suspect there are probably a bunch of headcrabs on top of the tram.

"Come with me if you want to live." you say, procuring your crowbar. The Fish Guard says nothing but gets up, looking more worried than responsive.

You wrench the clamps open on the wheelchair plate, which opens it upwards. A large hole gapes straight down probably 100 meters to a series of steel pipes and below that another tram rail. You see another headcrab fall, plummeting all the way down to the rail, hitting it violently and falling further, while being zapped by an arc of high voltage from the rail below.

Cautiously you open the Emergency hatch, barely diving out of the way as several headcrabs jump towards you through the open hatch. You land on the far bench of the tram, as other headcrabs land on the first row, lose grip and slide down through the opening on the floor. You begin to smirk at your out-witting and out-physics-ing of the alien creatures, but is suddenly cut short by a forboding CREEEEAK from the chassis above. You smash a window with the crowbar and climb out and onto the roof, followed by the Fish Guard. Both of you creep up nearer to the chassis so that the leverage is less on the obviously strained articulation linkage. You look around for escapes, but most seem fairly grim.

Obvious exits are to try and leap to a gantry; one NORTHWEST of the Tram that's only a little below your height, but somewhat far away. The other is SOUTHWEST and is not as far, but a remarkable distance down. You could also climb onto the tram track, but you're not sure where the third rail is on it, or if it's still live.

Ask the guard if he/she has a parachute handy.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

"Hey, Fish-"

"My name is Jerry." he says, somehow more indignant that he called you fish than he should be afraid of where the two of you are crouching.

"Jerry then. You wouldn't happen to have a parachute, would you?"

"Damn fine timing I have." he says sarcastically. "I was just in the avionics department, they had a bunch sitting there."

"So that's a no then?"

"Well you're one of the science guys, can't you figger a safe place for us to jump?"

Coldheartedly you hit Jerry in the back of the spine with the curved edge of your crowbar, making him yelp in pain and fall sideways onto the tram roof, too stunned to move or react. You rummage in his pocket and pull out his parachute, quickly strapping it on.

Jerry manages to cough out a protesting "Hey!" as you secure the waist straps onto your suit.

"Sorry Bud, no hard feelings. But seriously though, you can hover, you're a freaking magical flying fish! Can't you jump yourself?"

Before he can say anything to retort, you leap over the side in a "haters gonna hate" pose before loosing the parachute. The chute unfurls and catches you snug-like about the chest and pelvis and lets you fall safely.

You are now descending the shaft at a relatively comfortable pace. The steering straps, coiled on your wrists allow some degree of control over where you fall. In order to make sure you have any idea what you're doing, you safely navigate the chute past the lower tram rail. You can see below you are a green gantry crane, and some stuff below that but can't quite make it out at this distance.

Obvious exits are to Glide NORTH or continue DESCENDing.

You guide yourself onto the gantry crane and land on the jib near the hook. Looking down it looks like about ten feet to some shipping containers. On top of the container nearest to you is a clip of ammo and some kind of green and white box-shaped thing. You look around a bit, and see the operator of the crane inside the cab. A man with a bowler hat and red ear protectors with a microphone is sitting inside the cab, he appears to mouth something but you can't hear him over the din of some nearby air conditioners. The conditioners don't seem to be working because for whatever reason, there is a rather unlikable stench to this container room. Something that smells like its burning. You remove the parachute and leap down to the container, landing with a "ka-thomb!" on the corrugated steel surface. Obvious exits are to drop from this container to the one below, but in which direction?

Obvious exits are NORTH, WEST and EAST.

Take ammo clip and talk to the crane operator.

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

Clip grabbed.

You jump up and slowly move hand-over hand across the jib from the container to the cab of the gantry crane. The Man in the Bowlerhat and tuxedo looks just like the one in the shipping office back at Bluehill.

He leans closer to the window as you jump down from the jib to a small catwalk near the cab.

"Certainly there is something I can help you with?" He asks systematically, pulling away the ear protectors on one side, listening intently.