Happy Birthday South Sudan!

Sign in to follow this  

Belated wishes to the creation of the world's newest nation South Sudan.

The country declared independence from Sudan (country south of Egypt) on Friday the 8th, and is expected to be accepted by the UN General Council as the 193rd Member-State on Thursday this week.

_53957961_012413454-1.jpg

Your thoughts?

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Happy independence day S.S.

Sorry you're stuck with joining the UN, it's one of the biggest problems that should never have been made.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

UN stands for UnNecessary as everyone knows.

You can't spell unnecessary without the UN.

Sorry folks but I have to continue with the monologue, I can do these jokes all night. :P

Warm welcomes to S-Sudan into the planet's complex web of artificial lines drawn on the surface.

So why are we congratulating Sudan and not North Sudan??? :D

I haven't really followed the event there but I know they had wars, learned that in history.... :P

Also, is this really a good thing, when a nation splits into two?

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Worked all right for Slovakia and the Czech Republic, too.

Although I worry about the day the US may divide into the Holy Fundie Christian Psychotic Empire, and Hippiestan.

(Although I figure I could invade Hippiestan and conquer it in about a week... silly pacifists.)

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

(Although I figure I could invade Hippiestan and conquer it in about a week... silly pacifists.)

Call me, I'll help.

I don't know whether to welcome or shun this new "country."

Are they succeeding to form a freer, capitalistic nation? If so, welcome to the world, South Sudan!

Are they succeeding to form another Islamic dictatorship? I think this is probably what will happen; I doubt the Sudanese even know what freedom is. In that case, it's even more important that we invest in Israel.

I don't know whether to welcome or shun this new "country."

Are they succeeding to form a freer, capitalistic nation? If so, welcome to the world, South Sudan!

Are they succeeding to form another Islamic dictatorship? I think this is probably what will happen; I doubt the Sudanese even know what freedom is. In that case, it's even more important that we invest in Israel.

The civil war in Sudan has been mainly between the Islamic North and the Christian/Animist South. I very much doubt that the Christian South would be seceding to form an Islamic dictatorship.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

That's what they want you to think, Doom Sheperd.

Rather, that suspicion is what you want us to think, Ian.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

That's what they want you to want Ian to want you to think, Blue. Adjust your tinfoil hat; the mind-control rays are seeping in!

NO!!!!! Not the Y-rays again!

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 79 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.