The Dark Knight Rises

Sign in to follow this  

Personally, I think this movies either gonna suck, or just won't be as good as the other two. Bane's costume just looks...dumb, and Catwoman's. (Seriously, the point of Catwoman is that she wears a cat themed costume) and we can't even get a Joker cameo because Ledger died. (that's not anyones fault though) But hey, I'd love to be proven wrong.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I don't even like batman that much(especially in the movies). The only reason i really liked The Dark Knight was because of the joker.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I didn't like the new Batman movies at all, too serious. Okay maybe I liked them but turning a comic into a serious movie is just really pathetic to me, I can't take these movies serious, like everything seems so fake.

The last batman I liked was with Arnold Schwarzenegger and generally I liked the George Clooney Batman the most, funny, sort of comical, good atmosphere and action...

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

There's nothing wrong with him posting in this thread, Dash. :)

Personally I enjoyed the two new Batman films. Hopefully the new one will also be as good, but I want to see more footage.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I actually posted that because I thought the movie had already been released. :|

And I don't think being the first poster of an old thread counts as necro posting... :P

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

I actually posted that because I thought the movie had already been released. :|

And I don't think being the first poster of an old thread counts as necro posting... :P

*random unneccesary image*

disgust1.jpg

This whole thread is absolutly pointless. :lol:

Also known as "Username"

Well, stfu if your not gonna talk about the things related to the Dark Knight/Batman. I'm glad you necroed this I can't believe I missed this.

Now, there is just no possible way it could live up to all the hype, I have this same feeling about the avengers movie too. It still got Christopher Nolan behind it which is nice, because so far he hasn't really disappointed with his movies, and its got Anne Hathaway in as Cat woman which is kinda depressing because the film is probably (or already is) PG-13 and that means there will be no way she will show her tits.. on the bright side though she will be wearing the tight outfit which is a nice 2nd.

The main reason that it just can't be as good as first Dark Knight was because of the brilliant performance of Heath Ledger as the Joker, and the fact that the joker is such an interesting character the new Dark Knight not having the joker (or two-face) eliminates two of the best villains that gave really solid performances in the previous film.

I will still see this film, probably in theaters and I'm still excited about it and I hope I'm wrong. I hope that this is even better then the last film.

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

I just looked through a whole bunch of old posts looking for good ones. Honestly I'm surprised absolutely no one posted in this after the OP.

Anyway, my main issue just stems from the costumes, I mean just look at these guys.

dark-knight-rises-bane-deta-570x271.jpg

Bane looks like he should be in a completely different movie. He looks like a spree killer that murders a bunch of college students.

Anne-Hathaway-Catwoman.jpg

And Catwoman, Catwoman is even worse. Would you ever expect Catwoman to look like that? The thing is Catwoman, is her theme is that of a cat burgler taken literally. Cat themed outfit, equipment, not some high tech visor and motorcycle. I mean, when I think of Catwoman I look more along the lines of...

feast-your-eyes-on-batman-arkham-city-catwoman-gameplay.jpg

Oh yeah...

I don't know, I guess I just take these films a little more seriously than most because Batmans my favorite hero and I want them to do him justice after the utter rape that was Batman and Robin and, so far, Nolan's films have done a pretty good job of it, but I dunno...this just looks dumb, and the trailer doesn't help either because it makes no sense. When the movie comes out, I'll watch it, and pray to god it's not as bad as I think it'll be.

I'll agree that it doesn't look really appealing, but alot of people laughed when they saw the Joker originally (from the Dark Knight) but look how well it was pulled off regardless. I do hope some changes are made to what we currently see, but if not I'm sure it'll still be a great film with Nolan in charge.

I thought the Joker looked pretty cool when I first saw him, and his acting made it even better. This is just...meh. Joker made more sense, he dyed his hair green and put on makeup instead of falling into chemicals to make it more realistic, and his literally having a smile carved through his cheeks made him all the more creepy, but also sorta tragic, however it happened. Bane just looks like a serial killer from a 1980's flick, who preys on people through their dreams or something,

nightmare_on_elm_street_johnny_depp_1984_us_movies.jpg Be careful...

Catwoman looks like the love interest from a new Mission Impossible movie or someone's mom on Spy Kids. It just looks stupid. This is only my opinion though so...like I said I'd love to be proven wrong.

I'm looking forward to the movie. Though it's so far off still. Next summer lol.

I think the whole issue with the costumes is stupid. If a character, especially in a movie, is summed up by their costume and not their actions or nature, than they're a waste of time. The joker's costume was never particularly important in the movie, his scars came up as a sick joke on his part but the character was liked because of his nature, his actions, and his ability with words.

I don't want to see Bane again as some meathead moron that just wear's a Nacho Libre mask and smashes things.

I'd much rather prefer to see the Bane that broke Batman's back, speaks 6 languages, has photo graphic memory, and figured out Batman's secret identity in like a year. A character that hits hard like the joker ( I don't mean physically, but in impact of story and development and creating one hell of a situation)

Unfortunately I can't really say much for catwoman... lol she wouldn't have been my first pick but hey at least she's not wearing a cat costume. Top notch thief, maybe leaves a cat inspired calling card at a heist, meh, I can live with that I suppose.

I'm looking forward to the movie. Though it's so far off still. Next summer lol.

I think the whole issue with the costumes is stupid. If a character, especially in a movie, is summed up by their costume and not their actions or nature, than they're a waste of time. The joker's costume was never particularly important in the movie, his scars came up as a sick joke on his part but the character was liked because of his nature, his actions, and his ability with words.

I agree mostly, as long as the costume isn't completely terrible then I'll be fine. The costumes in the pictures aren't really terrible.

It better be awesome, I'm an extra in it.

Tom Hardy is going to blow the movie out of the water, he's going to grab it in his formerly crack dealing hands and throttle it into awesometown, population everyone.

"It's time to evolve. That's why we're troubled. You know why our institutions are failing us, the church, the state, everything's failing? It's because they're no longer relevant...Evolution did not end with us growing opposable thumbs."

No Joker, No batman for meh....

Many people have that idea, but I assure you, Bane is going to be amazing. I think it'll be comparable to, and possibly better than Heath's performance. Bane is an fantastic character, Tom Hardy is a brilliant actor, and Nolan is Christopher Fucking Nolan, TDKR is going to be the bee's balls swinging.

"It's time to evolve. That's why we're troubled. You know why our institutions are failing us, the church, the state, everything's failing? It's because they're no longer relevant...Evolution did not end with us growing opposable thumbs."