What's the next project?

Sign in to follow this  

There may already be a post on this but I'm too lazy to go through and read everything. Since the weekly run of FM has run dry(not complaining) what is the next project being worked on by Ross? CP? General moving and settling? Probably not more FM. Just wondering what the next video that pops up on the site might be. :?:

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

"Does my beard intimidate you?"

I guess you'd have to ask the author himself.... :D

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

I assume finishing the transition to windows 7 and fixing those engine bugs

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Basically, after episode 37, Ross decided to catch up on emails, site improvements, etc. when he finally decided to do 38, but he was also switching over to Windows 7. But, in doing so, a whole new set of problems arose that stopped production on 38 while he was fixing them. So, next project: most likely finishing 38.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Windows 7 set me back 1-2 weeks (and still ongoing, but I can work on videos now). 38 is a longer episode, so that took me a little longer, but the dialogue was finished about 4 days ago, I'm currently waiting for the audio mix back from Otto for that, then I'll upload it to Machinima.

I'm working on tons of different things, including motion capture and trying to get another series idea at least remotely possible, there are more technical barriers I need to solve. Also that bug mentioned on the last post is huge, I even emailed Valve about it a couple days ago, but haven't had a reply yet. If it continues, I may have to revert to the 2006 version of the Source engine, it really is that bad.

that's great news Ross. i'm ecstatic though about the quality improvement on CP once the motion capture gets mastered. it's only another obstacle, and so far you've been a track star if you know what i mean. lol

edit: well maybe not quality improvement, but at least the stress of tedious animation will finally be relieved...

Windows 7 set me back 1-2 weeks (and still ongoing, but I can work on videos now). 38 is a longer episode, so that took me a little longer, but the dialogue was finished about 4 days ago, I'm currently waiting for the audio mix back from Otto for that, then I'll upload it to Machinima.

I'm working on tons of different things, including motion capture and trying to get another series idea at least remotely possible, there are more technical barriers I need to solve. Also that bug mentioned on the last post is huge, I even emailed Valve about it a couple days ago, but haven't had a reply yet. If it continues, I may have to revert to the 2006 version of the Source engine, it really is that bad.

I don't really see a revertion to the 2006 version of the engine to be that bad. I mean, the main thing is to just get it done.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I don't really see a revertion to the 2006 version of the engine to be that bad. I mean, the main thing is to just get it done.

^^^ This. ^^^

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Ross,

How supportive is Valve of your videos? I mean have they expressed any distaste with what you've done with either Freemans Mind or Civil Protection? Are they indifferent or do they think it's pretty cool? And have you ever asked them for assistance before and do they respond to your requests? Do they even support their own SDK and animation software for people who develop with it?

Just curious.

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

"Does my beard intimidate you?"

I would like to discuss for a while the current state of the progress chart

th_progress_faces.png

As you can see:

- FM 38 is done and uploaded (and now we're back to playing the waiting game with out friends over at Machinima.com).

- Episode 39 has not been started yet.

- Civil Protection has a :-| face

- Mystery Video has a :( face

It seems that Ross' flagship series, Civil Protection, is in a neutral state right now, obviously not because of lack of inspiration, but because of the numerous bugs in the source engine. Since I have not written a single line of code since I finished college, I can't be of much help in this area. I just downloaded the SDK and I'm beginning to play with it, but I'm a long way from being of any potential use. If ever.

The progress on the "Mystery Video" has me a bit puzzled though. Are we talking about the new series? Is is about this year's Halloween episode? The face is slightly sad, but I don't see tears, bruises or a rope around it's neck, so maybe it's not that bad, just a light discomfort.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

The progress on the "Mystery Video" has me a bit puzzled though. Are we talking about the new series? Is is about this year's Halloween episode? The face is slightly sad, but I don't see tears, bruises or a rope around it's neck, so maybe it's not that bad, just a light discomfort.

Your other comments I also came to a similar conclusion, but for this, all I could think was that whatever is coming up, he either has little to no content/idea's for, or it's just not going well right now

Retired Forum Moderator

Yeah, I really liked Episode 0, didn't see that one coming. I wonder what is Ross up to this time, and why the sad face.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc