Accursed Farms TF2 Dedicated Server

Sign in to follow this  

This thread is all about the Accursed Farms TF2 Dedicated Server.

Server IP: 67.190.76.155:27015

Server Location: USA, Southern Colorado (expect pings of no less than 60)

Admins:

• BTGbullseye [AF] (A.K.A. BTGbullseye)
  • Mr. Tyler (A.K.A. Blue)
  • Alphabetagamma [AF] (A.K.A. alphabetagamma)
  • Epsilon ±PGD± (A.K.A. Epsilon)

Current server mods:

*Admins can disable/enable these at any time*

Current Admin mods:

First Blood Enhancements list:

• Crits - 15 second duration
  • Godmode - 15 second duration
  • Incendiary Ammo - 240 second duration
  • Health Boost - Adds 700 to your health (depletes like a normal overcharge)
  • Invisibility - 15 second duration
  • Sentry - 240 second duration
  • Vampire - Leech 5HP per hit, 240 second duration

RollTheDice buffs/debuffs:

• Toxic Mode (every enemy that gets really close to you dies)
  • Health Boost (adds 700 to your health [depletes like a normal overcharge])
  • Speed Boost (speed you up a bit)
  • Low Gravity Mode (cut the gravity in half)
  • Uber Ubercharged (infinite Ubercharge)
  • CRITS!!! (very high crit chance)
  • Explode (you blow up)
  • Snail (slows you down a bit)
  • Freeze (who needs to move?)
  • Timebomb (you detonate after a few seconds)
  • Ignite (FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!)
  • Health Drain (better grab a healthpack)
  • Drug (WHOA! DUDE!)
  • Beacon (everybody knows where you are)
  • Taunt (you'll see...)

*All RTD effects last 30 seconds, 30 seconds after the effect wears off you can roll again*

Map rotation:

• cp_gravelpit
  • plr_pipeline
  • cp_freight_final1
  • pl_hoodoo_final
  • cp_dustbowl
  • cp_granary
  • pl_goldrush
  • cp_well
  • tc_hydro
  • ctf_2fort
  • cp_badlands
  • pl_goldrush
  • cp_fastlane
  • pl_badwater
  • cp_steel
  • cp_egypt_final
  • cp_junction_final
  • plr_pipeline
  • pl_hoodoo_final
  • koth_sawmill
  • pl_badwater
  • ctf_sawmill
  • cp_yukon_final
  • koth_harvest_final
  • ctf_doublecross
  • cp_gorge
  • pl_upward
  • plr_hightower
  • pl_thundermountain
  • cp_coldfront
  • cp_5gorge
  • pl_frontier_final
  • plr_nightfall_final
  • koth_lakeside_final
  • koth_badlands
  • pl_barnblitz

If you have any suggestions, questions, comments, complaints, or tips, post them here.

[Last updated 9/12/2011 5:23 AM GMT]

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

You should probably add that it's based in the US, before you get less-informed European area players complaining about their 150+ pings. :P

Other than that, looks good! :D

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Without exception, I cannot stand server mods. RTD is a prime example. For instance, let's say someone rolls the dice in their spawn 4 times. The first time they get timebomb, the second time they get freeze, the third time they get ignite but the fourth time they get toxic. As a scout with bonk or as a cloaked spy they can kill the entire enemy team without difficulty. Skill goes out the window when when all you need to do to destroy the other team is risk a death or two in your spawn. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Ditto; RTD is luck oriented and not skill.

First blood rewards, meh.. I don't like them, but they're not as bad as RTD.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Without exception, I cannot stand server mods.

Map voting is a server mod... I've seen you wanting to change the map early before. It can't possibly be gamebreaking, can it?

For instance, let's say someone rolls the dice in their spawn 4 times. The first time they get timebomb, the second time they get freeze, the third time they get ignite but the fourth time they get toxic. As a scout with bonk or as a cloaked spy they can kill the entire enemy team without difficulty. Skill goes out the window when when all you need to do to destroy the other team is risk a death or two in your spawn. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Toxic is set to such a short proximity that you'd have to practically stand on someone to kill them with it. If you can get that close without dying, you'd likely have 99% or better chance of killing the person. (regular melee range should be longer than the toxic range if I've got it set right) I also have it set to be harder to get a buff than it is to get a debuff.

Godmode, noclip, invis, instantkill, cloak, blind, and weapon removal has been disabled for the RTD addon. I am however reducing the duration of the effects to 30 seconds, with a 30 second gap between the effect's end and your being able to reroll.

Ditto; RTD is luck oriented and not skill.

If everybody is the same, then where's the fun? Besides, how many of us would sit in the spawn for 6 minutes just to get a good buff once for 30 seconds? Everyone who would we kick/ban.

First blood rewards, meh.. I don't like them, but they're not as bad as RTD.

Any suggestions to modify the settings then?

Lastly, I can set it up that the admins can temporarily turn off all the mods if you really are that dedicated to believing that mods can't be fun when they're properly balanced... (I would think it'll take a little trial and error to get them balanced, but it should be fun once they are)

If everybody is the same, then where's the fun? Besides, how many of us would sit in the spawn for 6 minutes just to get a good buff once for 30 seconds? Everyone who would we kick/ban.

RTD provides a crutch for bad players who just so happen to get lucky. It can be game breaking at times since, say, a competitive team wouldn't be able to do anything against one person with an RTD buff.

In my opinion, balance is where the fun is. Skill/coordination should be the only prerequisite that changes the outcome of a game.

I think RTD would highly encourage sitting in the spawn just spamming "RTD" until you get noclip, godmode, etc.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

If we can disable the mods than I don't have a problem with them. They might be interesting for a bit, more so with the newer players, but to the more active/srs bizness players they can get really annoying.

If we can disable the mods than I don't have a problem with them. They might be interesting for a bit, more so with the newer players, but to the more active/srs bizness players they can get really annoying.

I'll setup something that you can execute via RCON to disable all the mods.

I would still like to see these mods running on the server, especially once balanced by people that think that vanilla is perfectly balanced. ;););)

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I get the feeling Valve designers shake their head in sadness when they see people implementing things like RTD, after they spent so much time perfecting the balance.

BTG, can you tell me what maps do this server has?

Just the default ones that come with TF2. The original post has the current map rotation.

BTG, can you tell me what maps do this server has?

Just the default ones that come with TF2. The original post has the current map rotation.

That's okay. Thanks

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

If you have any that you like that I don't have, please point me to somewhere I can download them. :)

NICE. When I get a new videocard I'll be playin' there :P

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

A note: I played against bots today and am extremely rusty. I'm probably just going to play Medic to hide my lack of skill. :oops:

A note: I played against bots today and am extremely rusty. I'm probably just going to play Medic to hide my lack of skill. :oops:

That's strange, isn't it? You suposed to kick ass and headshot everyone in sight.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"