Times to tell someone something different about you

Sign in to follow this  

If you have a better name for this thread, tell me. Anyway, this is a rant/share experiences about you have had where someone needs to tell you something about them.

Here is a personal example:

So, there was this kid at my school. We were friends for a long time and he was openly bi. He always messed around and made jokes about it. He also would do sexual actions, but everyone knew he was just messing around. Anyway, one day he comes up to me and says he likes me. Note this was about halfway through the year one year and I had known him for 3 years. He said he first got a crush on me about a year back (from that time). I was shocked and told him he should have told me as soon as he realized it.

Anyway, we worked it out and we are still friends. I just want to know if anyone here has had similar stories (doesn't have to be about this kind of thing specifically).

Hi Friend.

Wait, is this a thread about sharing an experience where you had to open up to someone, or where someone else had to open up to you?

Wait, is this a thread about sharing an experience where you had to open up to someone, or where someone else had to open up to you?

Where someone had to open up to you. Or the other way around, doesn't matter.

Hi Friend.

It's always an experience to indicate to people that I'm a Christian, and the entire religion is pretty dependent on close relationships anyways.

It's partially insulting when people take this as some sort of absurdity or surprise.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

It's always an experience to indicate to people that I'm a Christian, and the entire religion is pretty dependent on close relationships anyways.

It's partially insulting when people take this as some sort of absurdity or surprise.

I could imagine. Agnostic here. I don't trust myself enough to decide my Religion. It scares me to know that if I get it wrong or something I could be screwed. But I also am a man of science and think that there isn't much evidence supporting religion. But science also says anything is possible, so I don't know.

Hi Friend.

Opening up to my family that I'm a brony. Surprisingly, they all scoffed and laughed at me. You'd think your own mother would be a little nicer, but then again, I'm talking about a show where talking ponies can fly, have magical horns, and have a queen with hair that flows even when there's no wind blowing. Ehh. I still love it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Admitting to my friends that I enjoy Shadow the Hedeghog.

I was such an outcast for 2 months.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

What's wrong with that? I like Spongebob Squarepants sometimes, it's funny :)

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

telling my mother i wasn't a virgin anymore...she was only concerned if i used protection, and if i was sure she was clean..

the others were: telling my mom i was drunk for the first time, i needed a ride home; it had to be done.

telling her i quit drinking.

and telling my mom i had "relations" in her bed, i explained that it was a "any port in the storm" kinda thing. i told her just for the laughs, her reaction to that story was pretty fucking hysterical(i'm really close to my mother, i tell her everything)...also in the van, she found the condom wrapper; i had to fess up to that one.

Seriously.... moms should just know that all happens by a certain age and not require everything to be told.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

I've never had to open up to anyone in particular, I'm a fairly open guy... Ask me a question, and if I can, I'll answer...

As for others, well...

When I was a freshman in highschool, near the end of the semester, I had a senior walk up to me and tell me that I was his reason for quitting his gang, and taking responsibility for his son. (he was unmarried) He said that it was how I acted, the fact that I never joined a gang, and yet never backed down from a fight that gave him enough courage to do all of it. Last I heard he had married the mother of his son, he had a good job, and they were all happy.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

telling my mom i was drunk for the first time, i needed a ride home; it had to be done.

Well, I had a somewhat similar experience except my mom caught me drunk. Although, I did it legally in a different country with a lower drinking age. Things got alittle out of hand when I jumped on a table in the bar to start dancing to some music. :lol:

EDIT: Although I don't think I'm gonna quit drinking, I'll just resume it but more controlled.

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."