Graphs/Charts of Accursed Farms

Sign in to follow this  

Bill and I were goofing around the Ban the person above you! thread, when he said that "keeping up a rep of quality posts is important too". The wisdom of his words gave me the idea to make a chart for reputation versus post count ratio (as percentage) for the 25 top posters. This is the result.

ReptopostcountwithRoss.png

Of course Ross' mammoth rep count distorts everything, so here's the same chart, without Ross.

ReptopostcountwithoutRoss.png

And BTGBullseye's number is not really representative, since he encouraged -rep-ing him for good posts (his ratio is presented in absolute value).

PM me if you want the original Excel file (the data is fairly easy to extract anyway).

EDIT: forgot to mention that FGB's ratio is also presented in absolute value.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

I knew there was something special in regards to how much people liked my posting.

Good day getting better.

Also I accuse J.C. of inflation.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

I liek dis graf. I think I might be the median sample in this, or close to it.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

hmm, i somehow thought i would be higher than that...

I wouldn't worry too much. I believe this representation to be indeed more accurate than rep or post count alone, but it is still inherently flawed in the sense that the post count includes the Forum Games section, where you for example have 1020 posts in the "Ban the person above you!" alone (I guess that makes you something of a ban-aholic). I doubt much of your rep comes from that thread, but a lot of your post count does.

I think doing this same graph excluding the Forum Games Section would be a much more interesting and accurate exercise, but I'm currently at a loss as to how to extract that information. Maybe I'll ask Nagisa later.

Also I accuse J.C. of inflation.

Oh nuts. Someone noticed my ponzi scheme for rep hoarding ;)

In answer to your query, R'lyeh is a fictional sunken city in the South Pacific, where the malevolent Cthulhu resides. It's all part of Lovercraft's literary universe. The famous quote "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" translates as "In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming".

Yeah I never got that gibberish language that was in the Lovecraft books.

I figured out I could use the Search function to find the exact post count for each user in the Forums Games section (searching one by one). I then subtracted that number from the total post count and once again calculated the absolute value for the rep to post count ratio. This is the graph with Ross in it.

ReptopostcountwithRosswithoutFG.png

And once again, without him.

ReptopostcountwithoutRosswithoutFG.png

As you can see, the results have changed from the original calculations. This is specially noticeable in Psychotic Ninja's ratio (not surprising, considering at the time I collected the data he had 1972 post in total, but 1696 were in the Forum Games section, leaving him with 23 rep points to be divided among only 276 non Forum Games' posts.

The next graph (click to enlarge) shows a comparison between the rep to post ratio for the 25 top posters with and without the Forum Games section.

th_ReptopostcountcomparisonwithandwithoutFG.png

The first bar is your ratio including Forum Games posts, the second without them. Once again, BTGBullseye and Flyingamerboy's ratios are shown in absolute value.

If you want the original Excel file, PM me and I'll send it to you.

Very nice graphs there J.C!! I really appreciate them, I'll rep you once I have points, as you can see I'm pretty shit in the graph with that. However I'm starting to feel liek reputation points became just another meme here recently with weird reasons for both + and -.... this might be due to the fact that people can't find quality posts to rep anymore or their idea of a quality post is too high.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Mmmm, graphs. Statistics. And of course every year or so we'll need to have all of these updated! :D

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I have an AP Stat class coming up next year. I should do something like this. Maybe I'll just copy J.C.'s graphs and I'll privately credit you... ;)

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I made a histogram for post count (number of users with 1 post, number of users with 2 posts, number of users with 3 posts, etc.) but it turned out really lame. The dispersion is so big I had to use logarithmic scale for both axes for it to be of any use, and the graph looks like crap.

If you wish to check it out anyway, click on the image

th_PostCountHistogram.png

Maybe tomorrow I'll group the data in intervals and try again. As usual, if you want the raw data, just PM me (it's actually quite interesting, all the available information for the 841 users that have 1 or more posts).

tf2items.png

This is actually inaccurate, I accidentally moved the whole filled portion up '50 items'.

I'm noticing a trend here... As time goes on... More items are added.

MIND BLOWN.

Good graph Blue.

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

The trend is that there are more items added since the Mannconomy update, than there was before the Mannconomy update.

The trend is that there are more items added since the Mannconomy update, than there was before the Mannconomy update.
The ridiculous number of reskins this year likely skewed it as well.

And skewed it a bit more.

Then put it into a corkwinder until it resembled a slinky.

All the promotional items this year meant, during the summer, that the game basically got a new weapon every day.

Well, thanks to Nagisa, I possess now a wealth of data about thread names, posters, time and date of creation, number of posts and number of visualizations. I've created the following graphs.

Number of threads created each month since the forums opened.

threads_month.png

Number of threads created per week day since the forums opened.

threads_day.png

Number of threads created per hour of the day since the forums opened (times are GMT I think).

threads_hour.png

Number of threads per user (top 30)

(Click to enlarge)

threads_user-1.png

Number of replies per thread (top 25)

(Click to enlarge)

threads_replies-1.png

Number of views per thread (top 25)

(Click to enlarge)

threads_views-1.png

As usual, if you want the raw data and the charts, just PM me and I'll email them to you.