Cats vs. Dogs

Which do you Prefer?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you Prefer?

• Dogs
    • Cats
    • Some other pet

Sign in to follow this  

I personally prefer dogs. They're much more attached to their owners for the majority of their lives. Cats do whatever the hell they want, and I'm not gonna pay my hard-earned money to keep something alive that doesn't even respect me. Dogs serve a purpose to a lot of owners ( Hunting, herding, seeing-eye, companionship) while cats on rare occasions can be a companion. So, basically, Cats suck and dogs are awesome.

flame+war.gif

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

With cats it really depends on the owner and how they treat them. Some cats are just as attached to their owners as dogs are. And some dogs are totally disobedient.

For instance, a cat I owned would always snuggle into me when I came home from school and actively seek comfort from me, just like a lot of dogs do. He even played fetch with me, so there definitely was a lot of "dog" in him.

For me there's little difference in cats and dogs aside from the fact dogs get a lot bigger and have a more playful nature while cats are more laid back usually.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Rescued dogs can have severe personality disorders, some even outright hostile. It's a risky business, and you have to be very familiar with dog psychology to work with them. Same with cats. Sometimes the things people do to their pets makes me hate humanity.

I don't hate either, but from experience I can assure you dogs in puberty are a shittown of work.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not gonna pay my hard-earned money to keep something alive that doesn't even respect me.

Well, the are many people who would say something like that about their teenage children... :-(

Dogs serve a purpose to a lot of owners

Pet animals are not tools or toys. Both canines and felines are sufficiently advanced animals to have their own intelligence, personality and self awareness. Once you've taken a pet cat or dog you must consider it a part of the family (which most people thankfully do) and be responsible for it whether it does any useful work for you or not.

Also, it's easy to confuse respect and subservience. If a dog sees you as a pack leader that does not necessarily imply any conscious respect.

Personally, I prefer cats - for their independence, amongst other things. I've had sufficient experience with cats to show me that the common preconceptions of them being cold, emotionally-challenged, ungrateful creatures are totally wrong.

With dogs, their permanent unquestioning optimism depresses me...

Regards

I think that's what attracts people to dogs. They always forgive their owners because they live in the present constantly. They have no concept of past or future.

Cats are different. They never forget something if they feel hurt. After my mother sold our cat and visited him, he actually scratched her and refused to be around her. I think that shows he really didn't like being sold away.

But I know that cats are not cold and definitely not ungrateful. As I said earlier, our cat was extremely close to me and always was there for me to comfort me. I considered him more a friend than a pet to be honest.

That's what I'm saying. I would never get a cat because I don't want a pet that's going to get food and never be around the place. With a dog, they're always by your side, and if your dog loves you, it comforts you and is willing to help you. If a cat loves you or not, most will still be independent, which I hate. It's annoying that they show no respect for their owner. And dogs were bred to provide a service to their masters. Yes, I will treat my dog as a part of the family, but I would rather my dog also contribute to the family he is now a part of. Dogs tie families together. I've never seen the same for a cat.

Now don't get me wrong, Cats are okay, but from my experience, they've always been rather ungrateful. I pet a cat, they seem happy for a second, but then they walk away and get annoyed if you follow. You feed your cat, and for a lot of people, the cat goes outside and doesn't come back unless it needs the bathroom or if it's getting dark. I know cats in general aren't cold creatures, but from my experience, they always seem that way.

Edit: and I never called pets tools. That's not what I meant at all. I mean that a dog provides a person with more companionship than a cat. A man and his dog can be like soulmates. I've never seen a cat be anyone's soulmate. Some dogs do jobs for their owners, and that is a positive for having a dog over a cat, but I never said they were tools.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Cats for sure, my dog hasn't liked me since I decided to go to my dads house for a few weeks. Too dependent i guess. My cat on the other hand, is pretty cool. My old cat (who died sadly) was even better.

Hi Friend.

Cats. I have both animals, but cats are clean and quiet.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Well I like cats.... Dogs remind me of 3 year old babies. I don't particularily like 3 year old babies.

Jumping like crazy when I am home and humping my leg is very primitive to me. The cat on the other hand will acknowledge that his owner is home and "meow" (say it) instead of running around and pissing himself of joy like the average dog.

When cats really apreciate their owners the murr and rub against your face, arms, legs with their body, which is very appreciated frome me. Dogs will lick you with their horribly stinking mouth.

Next, cats play just as much as dogs, don't even give me that bs. You seem to be forgetting mice and any thread.

You can teach cats where to poop and pee, although mine pooped in the alternative place the bathtub several times -___-.

With dogs you have to go outside early in the morning.

Now, of course some cats are just evil like the siamese cat, my friend has one and he just hates me.

Anyways, those are the reasons for cats :). I like dogs too, just not as much.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

You can teach cats where to poop and pee, although mine pooped in the alternative place the bathtub several times -___-.

With dogs you have to go outside early in the morning.

You can just as much teach a tog to pee in a certain place. It is just advised to teach him to poop outside.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, cats can be really playful too. Just make some thread and paper and you have a top notch cat toy.

Has to be top notch or they won't like it, they are just picky like that.

Hi Friend.