PC Gamer Interview

Sign in to follow this  

Hey people, while I'm still working on the videos, it looks like an interview I did a week or two ago from PC Gamer has gone up. I've been intentionally trying to postpone all interviews until I'm done with the next CP episode, but I was willing to make an exception for PC Gamer, since I can't think of anyone else I'd rather be interviewed by. They title this as me being a "hero" of the PC gaming community, which I think is really reaching. I haven't made any games, I haven't finished Freeman's Mind, and I haven't gotten to my best ideas produced by any means. I am an avid PC gamer however (or used to be back when I had free time anyway), and I plan to keep making lots of videos in the machinima medium regardless of what happens. Anyway, feel free to check out the interview here:

PC Gamer interview

On a side note, I asked a question of the interviewer that I never received a reply to, that maybe you guys can help out with. I have an interest in older games and would like to read old issues of PC Gamer. If you want to view an issue of PC Gamer that's a few years old however, you're out of luck. A companion magazine, Maximum PC, has put up all of their old issues online as a pdf archive and on Google Books. I'd like to see PC Gamer do something similar, maybe if you guys bombard them with requests it might happen. I think I found their contact information here if you want to email them. Alternately, if anyone wanted to mail me old issues of the magazine, I wouldn't object.

EDIT:

The interviewer ended up emailing me back, he was away on a trip. It's probably still worth asking them about the back issues however.

EDIT 2:

The dialogue for the next FM episode was completed on Monday, but the sound editing is going to take longer than usual for this episode.

EDIT 3:

I've uploaded the finished FM episode to Machinima.com. It will appear on their Youtube channel first, but I have no idea when. If you spot it go up and I haven't made a post on it yet, feel free to email me.

Nice interview Ross, Hows the CP episode coming along?

It's not! I'm working on Freeman's Mind at the moment! That's how this stuff works unfortunately

You should put the interview in the FAQ.

Nice interview. It gave us more of a look into what working at Machinima was like. I didn't know it was that bad.

Nice work, Ross! Congratulations and good luck with your projects

Insightful interview. In regards to doing Half-Life 2 and the episodes, it should be an interesting change of pace. Instead of constantly having to create jokes based on the enemies and environment, you'll be able to do it on the plot or characters you interact with. Plus, the scenery changes much more than it does in HL1. It also poses a challenge though, as due to their more cinematic nature, it may prove difficult to write jokes into the more serious scenes.

Very nice interview. I learned a lot from reading that, and I liked what you said at the end about PC gaming being highly customizable. Keep on being awesome, my man!

Awesome! Favorite games: Gothic, The Black Mirror..

wow that are my two most favourite games!

I love them!

Do you mean the german gothic with the nameless hero and the black mirror with Samuel Gordon and family?

I don't see why people get so worked up about when the next episode is coming out, I'm just glad you make them at all/

Good interview Ross !!

Hey, I'm happy to know that you are keeping the work up and you keep us informed. Thanks you!.

I had a dream last night, it was about you killing Nihilanth hahaha, it was so funny.

Well, good bye! Keep it real =)

Glad to read that ross, I'm gonna read the article right now...

;D

- Luis Carlos

Wow this makes me sad. I wish I could animate but masturbate is all I'll ever be good at. :'( LOL

I read the article and I can not belive you like unreal tornament 2004 because I like that game too. LOL!!!

Thanks for posting that Ross! It gave a lot of insight on what you do. Wish I could help, but I'm not too great at animation (having done none before lol). Anyways, I wish you luck in all you do, and look forward to more vids! ^-^

Shit, that looked better in word. Sorry lol

it is like he is slowly being blown away in the wind....

anyways fuck yeah ross FM rocks and cp can be good too. also for the 30th time you need a paypal donate button.

^^^^^^

This. It's not that hard, just go to paypal and they'll hook you up with a button. Worked for me and i'm not all that good with html.