PC Gamer Interview

Sign in to follow this  

In that photo he looks like Freeman!

Fantastic work on all your endeavors Mr Scott. CP and FM are always a delight to listen to in the background during long programming sessions.

Ross confirmed for PC hero.

Also I laughed at the botched Pedobear up there.

If i had a better computer and experience with animation, I would try and help. But it is all wishful thinking.

Awesome interview. Ross Scott, Community Hero. That's saying something.

@Ross

Ok, so, when you say you look like a pirate... that leads me to believe that the photo you had on the post of this years april fools episode was you too. Am I correct?

I love your work Ross! I wish i could help with something! But i'm sure there are plenty of people that beat me to that=( any way i can do mapping and map scripting and i know how to do face poser but i have windows 7 so it does not work=( I could also help with scripting for CP or something if you need anyone.

av3nger: I don't even know what the figurative interpretation of that statement would be. For the Source engine, I could probably use Hammer/Faceposer choreography help more than anything. I am getting some XSI help still, but the availability of people can vary wildly. I'm also open minded for considering other engines, where a workflow could be completely different, but I need to research more of that.

ryanstraub: No, no one's beat you to helping me animate in the Source engine. While I can be slow about managing things and getting it going, that's the sort of thing that can scale well with more people. Go ahead and email me. Also does the SDK not work under Windows 7? I though that was just lip sync generation.

@ Ross

The source SDK does work in windows 7, but yea the lip sync generation in face poser does not work.

Faceposer seems to be jacked to the point where, you can not move or scale a word in the phoneme editor without first giving ever single word in the phoneme editor at least one phoneme. So, best way to use Faceposer now. Is to just start with your first word, add phonemes to it, then edit it. Then after that inserting a word after the first word add phoneme edit and so on.

Nice interveiw. Please keep us updatet on the new CP episode.

you deserve the reward as the hard working man you are. you didn't really say much about continuing the series of freeman's mind on to half life 2, you can think about it for all your loyal fans, you have all the time to think about it. hope all goes well hope for you in the future

If you're looking for another engine to make machinima in, try Dragon Age, they have made a tool specially to make campaigns and machinima

Hah! I left the first comment on that interview on the PC gamer website!

Anyways, that was a great interview, and yes, you are a hero of the PC gaming community and it's great to see some recognition for your fantastic work.

And a question: You talked about Freeman's mind sometimes taking many takes, do you generally do the filming in 1 single sit thorough or on many?

My God, man, you looked just like Freeman. Well, hell, at least your not the fucking near-sociopath that he is. (Or are you????)

Oh, and you just gave me the idea of watching a Sam's Mind. The only way it could work, though, is if the actual voice actor for Sam The Serious made it.

At any rate (Lightning speed, snail speed, or gas rate) you are fucking awesome. you must be a God of something. Uhhh.... I don't know, maybe the god of making Machinima's based on the main characters thoughts God? Hell yes, methinks.

P.S. Has anyone noticed that almost all of the other's "<>'s Mind"s pretty much follow the same formula?

P.P.S. I feel FANTASTIC and I'm STILL ALIVE.

This has been a note made purely out of boredom by:

~ LE' MOE

Yeah, like anything is better than source when it comes to machinima, there isn't much of a choice. I love source as it is.

Oh by the way, "

Yeah, like anything is better than source when it comes to machinima, there isn't much of a choice. I love source as it is." I said that.

As in. the anonymous user who said that was me, before I logged in as av3nger. Just so I'm not confusing anyone. Otherwise, sorry for double post.

I dont think that its all there. But if you are lucky this might help in your search for old magazines, or perhaps old articles:

http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

Its a website that lets you see how a lot of websites looked like years back. In some cases, you can still find old articles.

Good luck.

I say after the tunnel do two or the Freeman's minds and do that new series you mention. but whatever you make, I know It'll be fantastic. with you all the way.

Hey cool man. Where's our entertainment?

Maybe you should do a reality show whereas we hear all about everything you do besides when you entertain us. Oh wait a sec-that's already happening! This is like the Sopranos and Lost finales wrapped up in to one. Please give us something to watch you hero of the pc gaming world.