What are you working on?

Sign in to follow this  

Just post what you're working on. Could be a programming project, a video, anything. Feel free to post updates on whatever it is you're working on in this thread. If this thread gets too many posts and your project is interesting, then I'll throw it into this post, or at least links to the posts about it.

Several music projects and drawing projects soon. Right now I'm kinda stuck though, I feel like I have no purpose. It sucks.

Hi Friend.

Low fantasy-Steampunk story, a short one, I just want to create something short, good and more logical than my previous story I wrote two years ago. I already had created characters, the plot and the setting. Now I only need to complete everything into one piece, rewrite it on a computer and then submit it on Digart ort Deviant art. Or here. Maybe.

If you want to know, I working on my drawing skill also. It's hard to draw humans for me, but hope I'll get how to deal with it soon.

And english, thats the most important thing for me right now. Trying to understand oussies.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I'm currently working on a strategy game (or simulation?) written in Java. The graphical representation won't be implemented just game logic (maybe later I will add drawing, updating and other gui elements). This project is kind of a homework for my technology of programming course.

The game will be a bit simple (my first idea was a C'n'C clone): a map which contains blocks (width, hieght), using integer as block coordinates, one block can contain only one unit, units can only move block by block, a block has three states (1) normal (2) obsticle (3) mineral (well I think I may change it to be able to have more states, features), the buildings are placed on differentially shaped blocks (list of blocks), units have hp, speed, weapon (damage, firing speed, range), etc.

It has currently 23 classes (abstract ones, interfaces also), more than 50 methods and a lot of data attributes. The code went a bit untidy so for now I'm cleaning it up. From the standard java libraries I used only java.util.List, java.util.Map and java.util.Point.

"It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... the way it is. It's about respecting the will of others, and believing in your own."

I'm working on a list of basic information about every named Starship to appear in any form of Star Trek media (Film, Books, Video Games, RPG Sourcebooks,) EVER. This is an impossible task that will never be finished. Or even close to finished.

I'm writing an ASB (Alien Space Bats - a ridiculously impossible event occurs and changes history) Alternate History timeline in which I was given near-god-level superpowers on the night of Sept 10, 2001.

I'm also trying to flesh out scenarios for a Star Trek RPG I hope to run someday, called "TrExiles" (A mix of Star Trek and the Marvel Universe's "Exiles" comic), where a bunch of characters will be "recruited" by the Guardian of Forever to travel from alternate timeline to alternate timeline, "fixing" the universe.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

A Georgia History project which I feel like giving up on since the requirements are so ludicrously narrow.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

I'm working on a list of basic information about every named Starship to appear in any form of Star Trek media (Film, Books, Video Games, RPG Sourcebooks,) EVER. This is an impossible task that will never be finished. Or even close to finished.

This might help. :D

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

It's official: I am now working on something.

The headphone port on my new laptop is dead already. As a result, I need a quick fix. I'm about to code a simple program to stream all of the sound coming from my laptop to an android phone or tablet (I have a phone and a tablet, so I guess it's up to me which!). I'll be adding things to control VLC media player as well so I don't have to worry about taking the phone out (genuinely unlimited internet on it =D) and losing my music. In other words, whereever I go I'll have access to all of the music on my laptop.

Don't try giving me any other solutions for this, I know some are bound to exist. I just want to code it. Depending on how much I enjoy coding this I might code something else to use a VPS to stream video. This'll save me a HELL of a lot of time because transfering stuff to my tablet takes forever, and I don't have a large SD card. So if all goes well, this simple idea should save me a lot of hassle. Though, it's just for my personal use! I have no plans on releasing it, not that anyone except me would have any use for it.

Some rather simple math homework. And while my current graphing calculator can do literally everything in the Grade 11 curriculum for me, I'm doing it the long way anyway. (Not that they'd allow it on my final exam anyway)

Not much in the way of anything interesting though.

Serious: Demoreel (Pending large time allocations that are free, and some interest of my own)

Job/Education seeking (Pending a free hour or a few on a business day so I can talk to a Counselor)

Fun (in order of priority): Hunter's Galaxy (Space Opera RP, currently being played in this forum's RP section.

Graphs for the Graphs Thread (which I hope you all know are courteous things I do for fun, and not something you all regularly expect.)

Making a YTP of Patton (If I can get the damn video to import)

Playing TF2 for the first time in over two weeks (I hope)

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Im tiding up the garage so i can fit evrything i need to work on in there over the winter.

Im also helping my litlle brothere fix his moped. Needs a few dents punched out and a new paintjob, shouldnt take too long. Then we have 3 old cars that needs a bit of working on. No brakes on the -57 Lincoln for example, needs the master cylinder refurbished. I have a shitload to do :mrgreen:

This might help. :D

Nah, I mined out Memory Alpha a long time ago. They only deal with canon, on-screen ships.

My real data gap is for all the video games, since I've never owned any Star Trek games myself. Games are hard, because a lot of them just pick names randomly from a list, and assign them to a random ship design, so no two iterations of the same game will have the same ship names. So I have to skip those games entirely.

I have used Memory BETA (http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page) for non-canon ships at times, but I've had problems with its reliability as well, as it tends to mash-up data from multiple sources. I like to keep my sources separate.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

2 vector portraits as well as cleaning up 4 photographs and making them look like Hollywood glamor shots. School can really bog you down some times.

Vector Portrait -INCOMPLETE- is the current progress on one of the vectors.

Retired Forum Moderator

a couple of skins =)

58102795CD538ED7FCC6EB7121C131E5FCECBBDD

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

Sigh. I was making a vector Rainbow Dash. But it turns out some SON OF A PARASPRITE already made the exact thing I've spent way too much time on. I guess it's practise, or something.

-Re-purposing a brothel

-Helping in the construction of a food court

-A 3D bottlecap logo to be used on a menu

-DOSBOX on my tablet

-Mudbox faces

A story I've been writing on-and-off for a few months. A romance in a dark dystopian setting. I've been through several reworks of lots of elements. I get bursts of ideas, go to write, and forget half of what I thought of as I'm busy getting buried in the details of the scene. When I really get started on a good story, I find it really hard to stop short of anything novel length or else I feel I'm cutting it short, not doing it full justice, and this gives me the tendency to leave a lot of things hanging, never devoting the full time to wrap it up. I really feel this one should be finished though. I really wish I could just get the movie in my head down to paper immediately, the time it takes to craft it into text properly, even short sequences, can really bog me down.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Freelance BG2 research. Basically i'm spending many hours of my day in my own listen server, testing cvar and rcon commands, as well as the new "simulated bullets" physics included in the latest patch. So far i found lots of things that make no sense. For instance, the bullets come out of the hats, then make a small parabola at the target. That without counting bullet drop, which seems to be around 3 feet every 150 yards. However bullets hit the ground much earlier due to lack of accuracy or if you fuck around with the gravity command. Not to mention that bullets "die" after 200-300 yards, so extreme range is no longer a possibility.

Also, bullets can ricochet off walls if aimed at 20-30 degrees to the surface. The bullet would then drastically slow down to what i think would be 1/4 of the original speed. however, it does not affect damage.

take a look:

BA6EE8FEFFA8C0F24ACA36C45D665CD5A42AE69C

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST