Freeman and water..

Sign in to follow this  

There is probably already a thread about this.. but

what is freeman saying underwater..

i know that, after he fires the rocket and climbs down into the hole left by the alien thingy he does a cannonball and underwater he says "That was awesome"

i'm just curious about the other stuff that he says while submerged in the toxic waters of black mesa

Listen to us Live @ - http://www.spreaker.com/user/thebeatbox

------

DJ Highlander (Me) - The Collaboration Project

DJ Dexrith - The Metal Minute

DJ Fusion - The Broader Perspective Show

------

we take requests:

email us @ - [email protected]

I don't know. I'd have to go back and listen intently to see if anything is actually said. Aside from the "that was awesome" he said back at the jump, followed by what I can only assume was "UH HUH! uh huh..." stressed as self cheering, I just chalked up to random mumbling to make it sound like he's actually saying something.

Retired Forum Moderator

The thing is.... only Freeman knows what he's saying then :P

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

I really would like to know what Freeman is saying in Episode 37 (I THINK 37) where he's swimming upward and he keeps saying something over and over, and it sounds like 'Narmley?' all muffled, but like I said I have no idea.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I know some of what Freeman's mumbling underwater. When he's swimming around earlier in the game (I don't remember which episode) he wonders if he should go left or right at a junction in a pipe. He says "Right? No, left. LEFT!" And then turns right. ;)

Or maybe I'm hearing it wrong.

There is probably already a thread about this.. but

what is freeman saying underwater..

i know that, after he fires the rocket and climbs down into the hole left by the alien thingy he does a cannonball and underwater he says "That was awesome"

i'm just curious about the other stuff that he says while submerged in the toxic waters of black mesa

Correct me on this if I'm wrong. You mean the stuff he says after he says "That was awsome." Before he says "Woah. Radiation. Dead bodies. No." I think I might know if that is what your talking about.

Freeman underwater could be understand only by the pyro.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Can you taste the delicious irony? It tastes like lightning.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

sounds like he's saying "i'm drowning? i'm drowning? i'm drowning?" i'm not sure if that's what he's actually saying, but it sounds too close to that. maybe he's not meaning to say anything at all, it's just meant to be unintelligible gibberish. :/

Wait a second ............. If Freeman is THINKING, because it is "freeman's MIND", why we can't listen to what he is "saying" underwater? you can THINK clearly while you are underwater, right?

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Or Gorden Freeman's thinking process is fucked up.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Freeman actually explained why he thinks in a muffled voice when he's underwater, he just did it while he was underwater so that you can't understand him.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Wait a second ............. If Freeman is THINKING, because it is "freeman's MIND", why we can't listen to what he is "saying" underwater? you can THINK clearly while you are underwater, right?

Water on the brain, obviously. :lol:

Seriously, there is people who think the way they feel in the moment, so if they are being strangled they actually think words in a strangled way...

This can be observed in kids who play games and replicate the sound and feeling of the game in real life. (They drown in the game they start holding breath in real life)

So, lol if I explained it to you so now his thoughts underwater seem rational and you are at peace, you're welcome.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."