Mission Unaccomplished

Sign in to follow this  

Well I have bad news in that despite my absolute best efforts, I don't think the next Civil Protection episode will be done in time for Halloween. I've been devoting all my free time to this and have neglected a lot of other things as a result, but it still hasn't been fast enough. There are multiple reasons for this and I plan to go into detail about them after the episode is completed. It's mainly dealing with engine bugs and a bit of a workflow nightmare.

While I probably will take a break on Halloween, I won't let up on my pace any and plan to continue working on this until it's done. I can't predict how long the remaining music for the episode will take, but once I've done as much as I can on my end, I'll resume work on Freeman's Mind if everything else isn't finished yet. Right now I currently hope to have all the filming done before this weekend. You can continue to monitor progress periodically in the progress chart in the upper right corner of the site. Once the "editing" bar is completely green, you can assume I'm working on Freeman's Mind.

Anyway, my apologies to everyone who was looking forward to this for Halloween, I'm disappointed by this more than anyone. I've been doing everything I can to try and make this episode happen, but I didn't want to wait until the last minute to tell people the results. The parts of the episode that are done are coming out very well I think. Also Craig (voice of Dave) told me that The Simpsons isn't having their Halloween special until November either, so that makes me feel better about this. I imagine The Simpsons have more resources to work with than I do.

Short version: The episode will be late and I'll resume work on Freeman's Mind as soon it's done.

No worries man, just take your time! I for one appreciate all the effort you put into your videos and don't mind waiting at all because it's always worth it!

LOL. "The episode will be late," you say? Well, it's only a year after the originally announced date, so what's a few more days?

Sorry, I don't mean anything by that. I don't mind waiting, either, and I have always enjoyed your work, so no pressure.

It is too bad about missing Halloween, although I know at least one of James Rolfe's (Angry Video Game Nerd) Halloween specials extended into November, so don't feel bad at all.

To be honest this doesn't disappoint me at all, I wasn't expecting you to meet the deadline because to some people it would make it feel like it was rushed if you actually met a deadline you set, based on past deadlines for episodes of CP or FM. I personally would be content with the episode coming out before New Years, because I know it will be quality work worth waiting for.

Just a quick question - what are you planning for CP after this episode is completed? I'm not demanding more episodes or anything, but I personally like CP more than FM, despite there being far fewer episodes and it would be fantastic to see more, even if it means waiting 2 more years.

Okay, most awesomeful creater of CP and FM,I personally have been following since EP FM 10 and don' mind the wait because what you produce is some of the funnisest shit on the internet. Please take your time to make the want you to make it and make it funny as hell. I wish i could help but my video are far less than par, please keep going ^_^ and I look forward to the next release of CP then FM ^_^

sincerly the drunk frog ^_^

It's all good! we all know you are working hard, and personally I'm impressed on how much work has been done in the past couple days alone! I'm sure it will be worth it! ^-^

Ross you're a fucking legend. I don't care if you say it won't be out for a year. Regardless of the success, you attempt to deliver.

You don't fuck around, you do your best and I don't care if fans leave this place crying about how you don't try.

I appreciate what you do and I hope you make a lot more, I love your work.

When.. I plugged.. your videocard.. from... your... PC... I acted in objections.. that it was a mere burned.. with no practical use.. to anyone.

Let's hope you can finish it soon!

I know it's very frustrating when a work just doesn't want to end..

I wish you the best! I just can't wait for more Ross Scott product!

Ross, You have to take into account that you don't owe us anything. You've done great work for entertaining the public and will continue to do so if you want. Hopefully your having fun making these episodes and might enjoy them as much as we will when they get released, so really... there's no hard feelings from anyone.

Good luck!

well I'm sorry to hear that the tunnel won't come out for Halloween. but don't get upset about this too much. like you said the Simpsons Halloween episode won't for Halloween either.